MFP RUNNER'S CLUB 8/10

2»

Replies

• Good Afternoon to all! :bigsmile:

Kechiemc, great Run. Was it the new route you mentioned. I love new routes, it is good to see something different. Although in my runs that is just different houses, but I still like to see what people do to the yards.:bigsmile:

Areay, Great for ONLY running 8 miles. That was supposed to be my goal for today and that would have taken me almost an hour and a half.

Great runs everyone, but I am a loof today. I was planning a big run, but last night I went out with an really good old friend and I took a day break from my diet (gained a pound doing it:cry: ) and ate and drank. :drinker: So this morning I had to sleep off 3 really good strawberry Margaritas and 2 beers. :drinker: We had the greatest time though, and it was worth it. Usually not worth it, but this time it was worth it.:tongue:

I will try and get in a good bike ride today and prepare for big 8 mile run tomorrow!

Everyone have a great day!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    No run for me today, did a 22 km bike ride. Second day in a row that we wake up to sunshine. Rare occasion this summer. Great runs everybody.

Mireille: I know you are from Toronto, you too have been having lousy weather. Such a waste after the hard winter we had

JD: Well said and so true

Have a great day all
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    well I think I"ll be doing 4 miles today and I've decided I want to do the Tufts 10k in October....and amazing run for women....anyone in the area who likes to run want to join me????

I need to step up my game abit, but I am almost at 5 miles now so by October I'll be okay....any suggestions?

I wish I were in your area. I would join you!

You can do a 10K Ali! Go for it!

I use runners world's smart coach for all of my training programs.

:heart: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 10 miles today! First time ever running 10 miles.

I had a great run. It drizzled briefly around mile 7.

Enjoy your walk, run, or rest day
    -Kechie.

YIPEE!! Nice going girl!!! YIPEE!!!! don'cha feel great?!

I don't know about down by you but we have had no humidity this weekend, it was awesome running weather!

This is going to sound odd but our humidity is low at 89%. It was a wonderful morning. The temperature was only 70 degrees! It is usually in the low 80s with 93%+ humidity
  • kechiemc
    Thanks everyone!:flowerforyou:
    This board has motivated me SO much.

For everyone who thinks you can't run 10 miles -
    Last year at this time I was scheduled to run my first 5K race ever in 2 months.
    At that time, my longest run ever was 3 miles.

If I can do it. You can do it too.
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Since I got my long run in yesterday, I think I'll take a rest day today.

Ali, enjoy your run with your son! You are so lucky to have nice weather. It has been storming here almost all summer! Very crappy. :frown:
    I would try adding a few minutes to each of your runs. That should help increase your endurance and before you know it, you'll be running your 10k!

Banks, I must have missed your post on your 5k. How did it go, did you beat your time?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Not well, the field was too big for the street so it took almost 40 seconds just to get to the starting line, needless to say, my time was way off. 22:40. The first mile was 7:16, which is way off my normal mile split. Oh well, I coulda probably been under 21:20 or so if I coulda got out from the pack earlier.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Morning my sunshines!!

I'm just having my java and thinking about what route I want to take for my run today ....takin' my boy w/ me....he's bored already and its only 7 am LOL great...that's a GOOD sign huh...NOT! lol

well I think I"ll be doing 4 miles today and I've decided I want to do the Tufts 10k in October....and amazing run for women....anyone in the area who likes to run want to join me????

I need to step up my game abit, but I am almost at 5 miles now so by October I'll be okay....any suggestions?

hope all your days are rockin....like you all!:glasses: :drinker:
    HUGS!
    Ali :flowerforyou:

As everyone has already said --- you CAN do it!! If you can do 4 now you can certainly do 6.2 by October - no problem - just keep yourself healthy!! We will be here for you every step of the way!

GO FOR IT!! SIGN UP ASAP!!!
  • kechiemc
    Kechiemc, great Run. Was it the new route you mentioned. I love new routes, it is good to see something different. Although in my runs that is just different houses, but I still like to see what people do to the yards.:bigsmile:

It was a new route and a new partner. I was lucky enough to run with a stronger partner today. She kicked my butt. In a good way... Plus, the new route was exciting b/c it was all sorts of terrain. We ran lightly traveled roads, off road, roads under construction, a golf course, many subdivisions, a lake trail, and a few good hills. I LOVED every minute of it!
  • Kechiemc, great Run. Was it the new route you mentioned. I love new routes, it is good to see something different. Although in my runs that is just different houses, but I still like to see what people do to the yards.:bigsmile:

It was a new route and a new partner. I was lucky enough to run with a stronger partner today. She kicked my butt. In a good way... Plus, the new route was exciting b/c it was all sorts of terrain. We ran lightly traveled roads, off road, roads under construction, a golf course, many subdivisions, a lake trail, and a few good hills. I LOVED every minute of it!

Oh, that sounds like it was great. :heart: Where I live it is sort of rural, not many side walks, so I like to run in the dirt more than the street, but I like it when I get a litte opsticle once in a while. Like someone built a burm for water run off, or someone planted a tree in the (city) walk way or even weeds just getting in the way. I wish I had nicer areas like what you speak of though.
    One time when I went (band camp, ha ha ha:laugh: ) to a wedding a few years ago, (before all of my health stuff) I stayed in a real nice hotel in a really nice area of town up north, and when I went for a run is was so fun because I was running pretty much in the middle of mansions. (They were gated, but I could still see them through the rod iron fence) That was fun and even though it was a hill to go up, I didn't mind because I was just looking at the homes. And then I ended up at a boat dock place, but it was gated also, so I had to turn around. Good Memories!:bigsmile: Oh and people were walking and riding around and getting out at 6 AM like it was business as usual.
    That was when I thought 3 miles was far, now I would have to run that run 3 times to be far. :wink: ha ha ha.
    Talk to you later,
    SM
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Since I got my long run in yesterday, I think I'll take a rest day today.

Ali, enjoy your run with your son! You are so lucky to have nice weather. It has been storming here almost all summer! Very crappy. :frown:
    I would try adding a few minutes to each of your runs. That should help increase your endurance and before you know it, you'll be running your 10k!

Banks, I must have missed your post on your 5k. How did it go, did you beat your time?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Not well, the field was too big for the street so it took almost 40 seconds just to get to the starting line, needless to say, my time was way off. 22:40. The first mile was 7:16, which is way off my normal mile split. Oh well, I coulda probably been under 21:20 or so if I coulda got out from the pack earlier.

22:40 is really fast, you should be very proud!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    It's too bad you guys didn't have the CHIP timing for this race. Those things are so cool!!

All the best!!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Hi everyone. Wow!! Way to go everyone! This is such a fantastic, positive, motivating place!!

Today was my long run day. I did about 12.4 miles - which is two time around a local lake - in 1 hour 51 minutes. I've never gone that fast before - I totally thank the HUGE thunderstorm that was brewing. I had to get my butt in gear so I wasn't stuck in it! :laugh:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    I ran my first race in 23 years on Saturday. It was a 5K and I told my family to meet me at the finish line 40 minutes after the start. (I had tried to go fast on my regular 3.5 mile route a few days before and it took me 43 minutes.) They weren't there yet because I finished in 30:36. I am still shocked.
  • I ran my first race in 23 years on Saturday. It was a 5K and I told my family to meet me at the finish line 40 minutes after the start. (I had tried to go fast on my regular 3.5 mile route a few days before and it took me 43 minutes.) They weren't there yet because I finished in 30:36. I am still shocked.

Awsome! That is great time. Way to go!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile: :smile: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    I ran my first race in 23 years on Saturday. It was a 5K and I told my family to meet me at the finish line 40 minutes after the start. (I had tried to go fast on my regular 3.5 mile route a few days before and it took me 43 minutes.) They weren't there yet because I finished in 30:36. I am still shocked.

Awsome! That is great time. Way to go!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile: :smile: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Second! Way to go!! :smokin: