Are Screen Names With No Pics Trustworthy?

Options
EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
I know, someone can post a false pic.

I used to keep my pic off of My postings on different websites, but then I thought...WHY? I'm not posting somewhere I'm ashamed of and I'm not ashamed of what I am posting, and no one knows my real name unless I choose to share it with them. So I decided to put My pic on My screen name where-ever I post. I think it adds some credibility relative to, frankly, not coming off as a "TROLL." Lately on here I have seen several screen names without pics who have been making some "wild" claims...I just can't believe that they are credible.

What do you think?

Replies

• TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree, I only use my pic ..... so as not to confuse people and make them think it is another stromtrooper. :tongue:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would say that if there is no pic at all (as opposed to a cartoon or a pet or a famous person etc.) that it communicates to me they haven't invested fully in their profile and may be new or may be trolling. Just my thoughts.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    ^^ what bethrs said.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I guess I am with you, I prefer to see something rather than nothing. Even if it is just art, it lets me know someone-person, is really there. But that is just me.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I haven't got any pics to put on my profile yet, generally when I have time to post, I am not on a computer I can upload from. Eventually I will have one ... give it time... Not everyone is a charlatan...
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    i lend you no more credibility because you put your picture up. I base my opinion of you on what you write, not your avatar.
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Are Screen names WITH pics Trustworthy? lol you're online always be careful.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't think having a photo and/'or a real name makes anyone more credible.
    The truth is we each need to research and educate ourselves, you cannot live by words spoken from a stranger over the internet - even if they do have a nice smile.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just was lazy in getting my picture up, I mostly use the mobile app, and when I use the website, I'm usually at work where I can't upload pictures. I think if you can't find any legitamate corraborating evidence elsewhere, than it's a troll! And not one of the nekkid ones with gemstone bellybuttons and wild hair!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree, I only use my pic ..... so as not to confuse people and make them think it is another stromtrooper. :tongue:
    OMGLMAO!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    I know, someone can post a false pic.

I used to keep my pic off of My postings on different websites, but then I thought...WHY? I'm not posting somewhere I'm ashamed of and I'm not ashamed of what I am posting, and no one knows my real name unless I choose to share it with them. So I decided to put My pic on My screen name where-ever I post. I think it adds some credibility relative to, frankly, not coming off as a "TROLL." Lately on here I have seen several screen names without pics who have been making some "wild" claims...I just can't believe that they are credible.

What do you think?

Same here. If I am ashamed or afraid to post a picture, I don't join the website. Nothing I do here can be considered harmful, or shameful, so why not.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    couldn't' agree more!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    More importantly, are screen names with pictures of costumed cats trustworthy?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I used to not have my pic on here just because I was very insecure about my looks but now it doesn't bother me so much. I figure if someone doesn't like my looks then don't look at my pic. My name really is Betty but I still don't put my last name on here just for security reasons.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    do you mean no picture or those of us who choose to use a different image? It is a image i took myself, I'd change it but i haven't found anything else that I like better, so for now it's this one.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    it is not that I am doing something I am ashamed of... i just don't want to use a picture of myself...
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    More importantly, are screen names with pictures of costumed cats trustworthy?

LOL! :laugh:
  • sociable15
    Options
    I don't post a picture of myself for internet safety reasons. It's the same reason my FB is heavily locked down and my (public) twitter acct. doesn't have a picture of me. I work for the government working for victims of violent crime and have seen the dangers of being TOO out there in the internet world. I just posted the pic I have on here recently, but obviously it's not of my face.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    i lend you no more credibility because you put your picture up. I base my opinion of you on what you write, not your avatar.

Exactly just because you post a pic means absolutely nothing. My pic may be one of of a ladies pic I boosted from another site, its not, but it could be...
  • I only post pics with no face I don't want some random person coming up to me and saying,"hey you're on MFP!!" or stalk me or something.
    I recently had to change my account due to someone stalking me.
    Plus it's not like I have long,meaningful,private conversations with people on here it's mostly hi,bye,awesome job,casual chatting and harmless flirting.
    I don't even use my first real name I use my middle just for added safety.