I wanna go on a cruise

Options
I just had an idea....

Would any MFPers have any interest in going on a cruise and making it kind of a MFP meetup? Cruises tend to be somewhat cheap (depending on the line) and it would make for a good low stress kind of affair. That way none of us would feel pressured to host or be the tour director.

C'mon!!! Let's go!!!

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I just had an idea....

Would any MFPers have any interest in going on a cruise and making it kind of a MFP meetup? Cruises tend to be somewhat cheap (depending on the line) and it would make for a good low stress kind of affair. That way none of us would feel pressured to host or be the tour director.

C'mon!!! Let's go!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would SOOO love a vacation
    I don't think Dh and I have been away since our Honeymoon and that was a LONG time ago!

Kim
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You could probably arrange a group price and get a significant discount (a group of my parent's friends do it every year for a bunch of their friends, and get a great price because 30 all book together!).

Just a thought...
    :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    oooh this sounds like the most fun in the world!

I doubt we will be able to afford any extravagancies anytime very soon tho, with the whole MortagageCreditStudentLoanRingPhoneEtc payments (not to mention Cancun in Dec.) we are making at the current! BUT the idea of it is awesome....I can't think of a better venue!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :sick: I get seasick
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think, or that you think at all.

I'm leaving on a cruise on Saturday and am very excited. It's one of the many thing's nice about living in San Diego is being able to cruise without airfare. On my last cruise I actually lost weight. My goal was to be on a first name basis with all the guys in the gym and none of the bartenders. It worked (well maybe I knew a bartender or two, but it was progress).

Cruises are a great value and we probably could get a very favorible group rate.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Sounds like fun...is it a family friendly venue too? Children welcome?
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Count me in! What a great idea!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Sounds like fun...is it a family friendly venue too? Children welcome?

Sure! This is just an idea, so it's something we all would have to get together and plan together.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I would be very interested!
  • shortstack
    Options
    We are going on madan voyage on November 23, everyone is welcome to go with us on the celeberty Solstice.

Shortstack
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    We are going on madan voyage on November 23, everyone is welcome to go with us on the celeberty Solstice.

Shortstack
    [/quote

We need more details where are you sailing from, where does it go and how long is the cruise.

Will you be gone over Thanksgiving? That might be fun since all MFP members have alot to be thankful for.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Shortstack
    [/quote

We need more details where are you sailing from, where does it go and how long is the cruise.

Will you be gone over Thanksgiving? That might be fun since all MFP members have alot to be thankful for.

Great idea!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Umm...me......on a boat............with Jeremy for days................the torture he could put me through!!!!

Dare I???? :indifferent: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options

Shortstack
    [/quote

Great idea!

Plus it would make us all accountable over Thanksgiving.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Bunch of us are going to Barbados in Feb this year. If people want, I can get the facts. We usually try to get 20 ppl or more to these things. It's usually a kick *kitten* time. All people in their early 30s to late 40s usually and lots o good times to be had! Usually ends up being a very good deal price wise because we book so many people, and one of the people is a travel agent so...
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    I just had an idea....

C'mon!!! Let's go!!!

hey as long as you cruise by Australia i'm in!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Bunch of us are going to Barbados in Feb this year. If people want, I can get the facts. We usually try to get 20 ppl or more to these things. It's usually a kick *kitten* time. All people in their early 30s to late 40s usually and lots o good times to be had! Usually ends up being a very good deal price wise because we book so many people, and one of the people is a travel agent so...

Let's look into this Banks!
  • shortstack
    Options
    The ship leaves from Ft Laurderdale, FL, it is a 7 day cruise.

1. Ft Lauderdale, FL
    2. At Sea
    3. San Juan, Puerto Rico
    4. Basseterre, St Kits
    5. Phippsburg, St Maarten
    6. At Sea
    7. At Sea
    8. Ft Lauderdale, FL

We will be on the ship for thanksgiving.
    This is our 11th cruise, we love it.