If u could see anyone...solo artist/band in concert?

Options
Hi

Who would it be/why?..it could be past/present solo artist or group?

I have NO idea...I'm not a huge music fan (don't bash me..LOL)
If I had to pick..it would probably be The Cure
I was a HUUUUGGGGEEEE fan in HS
All decked out in black..died my hair dark...dated an edgy skater boy...

Plus it's one of the only concerts I've seen (besides Brian Adams in 8th grade, Edie Brickell and the new Bohemians on earth day..LOL......and the Lemon heads, Love and Rockets, and INXS...but that was in college..don't remember much :)

Oh, and I would have Fuel open for them...with the x-lead singer...love the sound of his voice
Maybe a song or 2 by Natalie Merchant...love her

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Who would it be/why?..it could be past/present solo artist or group?

I have NO idea...I'm not a huge music fan (don't bash me..LOL)
    If I had to pick..it would probably be The Cure
    I was a HUUUUGGGGEEEE fan in HS
    All decked out in black..died my hair dark...dated an edgy skater boy...

Plus it's one of the only concerts I've seen (besides Brian Adams in 8th grade, Edie Brickell and the new Bohemians on earth day..LOL......and the Lemon heads, Love and Rockets, and INXS...but that was in college..don't remember much :)

Oh, and I would have Fuel open for them...with the x-lead singer...love the sound of his voice
    Maybe a song or 2 by Natalie Merchant...love her

Kim
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of favorites... so hard to choose...

But i did see Wyclef Jean about a month ago, the concert was freakin awesome LOVED IT!!!! i would go see him again in an instant!!!

jackie
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Pink Floyd circa Dark Side of the Moon (although The Wall would be alright too)
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: Guns'n'Roses, but it would have to be with Slash too!!! I would have said Aerosmith but my fiance took me to see them and Motley Crue a couple of years ago. That was awesome!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Do I have to pick just one? I have seen alot of my favorites but this is one that I have not ever had the chance to see.

James Taylor - his music is just classic. I love listening to him.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: Guns'n'Roses, but it would have to be with Slash too!!! I would have said Aerosmith but my fiance took me to see them and Motley Crue a couple of years ago. That was awesome!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I saw G & R back in college...it was a big metal bash concert type thing. Metallica was there too. G & R was awesome!
  • klikittyklak
    Options
    Jascha Heifetz. Or maybe Paganini.

(can you tell I'm a violinist? :happy:)
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

I saw G & R back in college...it was a big metal bash concert type thing. Metallica was there too. G & R was awesome!

I went to this tour also, it kicked major buttocks.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have been a major KISS fan all my life, and have NEVER seen them - shame on me - so it would be them, for sure, but I would also loved to have seen Ted Nugent (as a younger man) as well.

Bands I have seen:

Peter Frampton
    Fleetwood Mac
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    The Cars
    Billy Idol (2x)
    U2 (2x)
    The Alarm (3x)
    The Ramones
    Til Tuesday
    Suicidal Tendencies
    Live
    AC/DC
    The Scorpions
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would LOVE LOVE to see Live
    I was a huge Alarm fan back in the day

I was a major 'closet' G&R and Metallica fan :)

Kim
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I would have like to see the Alarm too. My choice would be the Dead Kennedys though, second choice would be Midnight Oil. I can't remember all the concerts I saw, but I did see the Cure back in the day - worse concert I ever went too, though I had a friend that went to them recently and said it was great, so maybe the grew up a little.

From memory:
    as a young thing:
    Depeche Mode (2x)
    Howard Jones
    OMD
    Power Station :blushing:
    Duran Duran (1984, my first concert)
    Simple Minds
    Oingo Boingo (2x) - one of the best
    New Order (awful)

a bit older:
    MDC
    Circle Jerks (1994, awful)
    Jello Biafra and Mojo Nixon (one of the best)
    Mojo Nixon and the Toadliquors (Toadliquors live in Austin so a bunch of times)
    Camper Van Beethoven
    The Offspring
    Peter Murphy
    Good Charlotte

Funny thing is, I'm not all that crazy about live music, and of course, I live in Austin Texas where you can't go anywhere without live music playing. I went to SXSW back in the day and saw a bunch that I can't remember now.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see Newsboys and Dallas Holm.
  • GodlessCommunism
    Options
    Ghandi singing for the band Slayer.
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    Pink Floyd circa Dark Side of the Moon (although The Wall would be alright too)
    i second that one
  • snow7kids
    Options
    Let's see aside from the Jonas brothers hmmmmmmmmmm---just kidding. I would have to say
    My Chemical Romance...I had a last minute chance to go but had my daughter go instead...and she didn't really even like them anymore. she said it was awesome. I know they do quite a show and if I could spend the rest of my life only listening to one cd, it would be their Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. I just think Gerard Way is a musical genius.:heart:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ooo I want to go to all of those w/ you guys LOL

if I could I'd go see the Police in their hey day....:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: ....:love: <<<< me

I'd also love to see Jim Morrison/Doors:glasses: .....Bob Marley & the Whalers:smokin: .....Stevie Wonder:heart: .....OH and totally would go see mr...HEY JOE....WHERE YA GOIN' W/ THAT GUN IN YOUR HAND...{doing my air guitar} love my purple haze man!!!:smokin:

I wish I could have one of those nifty time travelin' doo-dads....I'd see some great people....new and old...and very much missed too:flowerforyou:

HUGS!
    Ali
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Nina Simone - the goddess of (my) soul! I would also have loved to have seen Nick Drake, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Marvin Gaye and Andres Segovia in their primes. Good topic!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Nina Simone - the goddess of (my) soul! I would also have loved to have seen Nick Drake, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Marvin Gaye and Andres Segovia in their primes. Good topic!

love them all...wow!!! good taste mr!!!:wink: ...
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bahhhhhhhhhhh where are all my country fans!?!

I saw Rodney Atkins last summer and he was AMAZING with Phil Vassar

I went to see Kenny Chesney but it got rained out after about 20 minutes :angry: He was still amazing.

But my all time favorite in concert...... TIM MCGRAW :love: with Taylor Swift as the opener two summers ago?

SO AMAZING!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Bahhhhhhhhhhh where are all my country fans!?!

I saw Rodney Atkins last summer and he was AMAZING with Phil Vassar

I went to see Kenny Chesney but it got rained out after about 20 minutes :angry: He was still amazing.

But my all time favorite in concert...... TIM MCGRAW :love: with Taylor Swift as the opener two summers ago?

SO AMAZING!

Jill, you just lost so many cool points....:sad: