If u could see anyone...solo artist/band in concert?

Options

Replies

• emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    As I read this, I am getting ready for work and I had to reply! I love concerts and live music so much that I got a job at the arena and ampitheather here. Tonight is Journey, Cheap Trick, and Heart. I have been lucky enough to see everyone was has been touring the past 2 years.

One day my hearing may go, but I have a blast at work!!! This was a fun thread to read :smile:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bahhhhhhhhhhh where are all my country fans!?!

I saw Rodney Atkins last summer and he was AMAZING with Phil Vassar

I went to see Kenny Chesney but it got rained out after about 20 minutes :angry: He was still amazing.

But my all time favorite in concert...... TIM MCGRAW :love: with Taylor Swift as the opener two summers ago?

SO AMAZING!

Jill, you just lost so many cool points....:sad:

J- you're from the south! You're SUPPOSED to like country music! What the heck, amigo? Plus, I say I actually GAIN cool points for being unique in the post and not going with angry rock music like y'all! :laugh:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Nothing beats some of the three and four day concert events in europe like Rock-am-ring.

But I would love to have seen Amadeus, Elvis, and Etta James. So many older singers I would have loved to see.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Bahhhhhhhhhhh where are all my country fans!?!

I saw Rodney Atkins last summer and he was AMAZING with Phil Vassar

I went to see Kenny Chesney but it got rained out after about 20 minutes :angry: He was still amazing.

But my all time favorite in concert...... TIM MCGRAW :love: with Taylor Swift as the opener two summers ago?

SO AMAZING!

Jill, you just lost so many cool points....:sad:

J- you're from the south! You're SUPPOSED to like country music! What the heck, amigo? Plus, I say I actually GAIN cool points for being unique in the post and not going with angry rock music like y'all! :laugh:

OH SNAP!!!

You totally didn't just challenge my southerness because I don't care to pipe nasally, twang infested, steel guitar laced, musical entertainment (and I use that term loosely)...

Much like this awesome dude, I am a rocker.

Midget20Rocker.jpg
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Johnny Cash, hands down. The man was incredible.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    The Killers
    Franz Ferdinand (seen and loved it)
    The Bravery
    She Wants Revenge (seen and loved it)
    pretty much any alternative rock band in a small venue

Plus
    U2
    Cake

many others.....many genres.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    The Killers
    Franz Ferdinand (seen and loved it)
    The Bravery
    She Wants Revenge (seen and loved it)
    pretty much any alternative rock band in a small venue

Plus
    U2
    Cake

many others.....many genres.

I've seen Cake, they are awesome.
  • iLuvMyChemicalRomane
    Options
    I would want to see My Chemical Romance the most! and also the Smashing Pumpkins but ide want to see the original 4...
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    do you even have to ask?

AAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

acdc_logo11.jpg
    did i mention my parents knew them when they were still a garage band? they lived down the street from them where they did babysitting or something:ohwell:

oh also the rolling stones, CCR, aerosmith, U2, and savage garden, gyroscope and grinspoon (last three were aussie if you hadn't heard of them before:happy: )

oh i forgot - led zepplin, blue oyster cult, billy joel, the zombies, cold chisel, lynyrd skynyrd, ted nugent... this list is going to be far too long

man i love 70s/80s rock:bigsmile:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Totally off in genre

Harry Connick Jr
    Bryan Adams
    Frank Sinatra

OH yeah!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I have already seen them, Godsmack. Three times actually. They kick *kitten* in concert.

I saw Pink Floyd in cocert (at Highate in Vermont, a giant field with 100K fans, it was pretty cool.) Giant floating Pink Pig baloon and all, that show was pretty good, I also saw the Dead up there, that was better then Floyd (more sillyness with the Dead). Lets see, I Saw Kiss, they were ok, seen tons of buffett shows, they are basically a keg party with grass skirts, mixed drinks, and shark fins (and parrots), but the show itself is kinda lame now. Ahh, saw Velvet Revolver recently (they are a superband with Slash on guitar) they were decent. Oh, in college, I saw Perl Jam, they were touring pre-famous around the colleges, this was like 3 months before 10 came out. That was awesome, cuz nobody knew who they were and we stuck around after and chatted with them (Before Eddie went all politico on us). I've seen lots more but I forget now (in either a drunken or some illegal substance haze being the cause mostly).

So yeah, Godsmack would be my choice. Unless... Van Halen could get their *kitten* together and have a tour with David Lee without them going insane on each other.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: Guns'n'Roses, but it would have to be with Slash too!!! I would have said Aerosmith but my fiance took me to see them and Motley Crue a couple of years ago. That was awesome!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I met Axle Rose back in the day...(must have been around 1992-1993.) I recognized his tattoos on his arm but not him. I almost wise cracked to his face about copying famous tats. :laugh: But I behaved myself and didn't say what I was thinking. I was moonlighting at a healthfood store in Malibu and rang up his order. After he left my coworkers ran up and asked me if I knew who that was. :blushing:

Is is Axl or Axle??
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    I'd love to see Hillsong in concert.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith or Madonna...or...hesitate... Michael Jackson back in the day.:blushing:
  • richardwelch
    Options
    I know this is really nerdy (and ironic, since I'm a huge fan of current music), but I would have love to have scene W.A. Motzart.

I am really sad that I missed Foo Fighters when they were in town recently.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bands I have seen (in order):

New Found Glory / Good Charlotte / Hot Rod Circuit
    Trapt / Smile Empty Soul / Finger Eleven
    Avenged Sevenfold / Death By Stereo / Killswitch Engage
    * quick side note, at the concert above, Fall Out Boy was outside handing out their demo cd, which I still have.
    Van Halen, regrouped, with Wolfgang not Michael
    Dashboard Confessional

Bands/Artits I would like to see:

Lynyrd Skynrd
    CCR
    Metallica
    GnR (original)
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Pearl Jam
    Nirvana
    Foo Fighters
    Nonpoint
    Sevendust
    Disturbed
    Jay-Z
    DMX
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Country fan here!!! Johnny Cash, for sure, and Garth Brooks!! I've seen, Toby Keith, Brooks n Dunn, Tim Mcgraw, Faith Hill, Terri Clark, Stompin Tom, Billy Ray Cyrus, Travis Tritt, Tommy Cash, CCR, Blue Rodeo, Brad Paisley, Johnny Read, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Sugarland, Tanya Tucker, The Corb Lund Band, Montgomery Gentry and many more country bands. I've also seen Moist, The Guess Who, 54 40, and that's pretty much it for non country, but I would love to see Guns n Roses or Ozzy.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd circa Dark Side of the Moon (although The Wall would be alright too)

Saw them for the Division Bell Tour, also way awesome! Also saw Yes for Tales From Topographic Oceans, again amazing. Think I would have enjoyed Led Zeppelin, and going way, way back.... JS Bach, WA Mozart, Beethoven, etc, etc, etc,
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Jamerz, will you be my weirdly young Dad?
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Country fan here!!! Johnny Cash, for sure, and Garth Brooks!! I've seen, Toby Keith, Brooks n Dunn, Tim Mcgraw, Faith Hill, Terri Clark, Stompin Tom, Billy Ray Cyrus, Travis Tritt, Tommy Cash, CCR, Blue Rodeo, Brad Paisley, Johnny Read, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Sugarland, Tanya Tucker, The Corb Lund Band, Montgomery Gentry and many more country bands.

I AM JEALOUS!!!! I'm a country person also! I've seen Brad Paisley, Mongomery Gentry, Alabama, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Chris Ledoux, Dixie Chicks, George Strait, Dierks Bentley, Chris Young, Jason Brown, Sarah Evans, John Anderson, The Wreckers, AND I'm going to see Tracy Lawrence and Blake Shelton this Friday at the Iowa State Fair!!!!!! I"M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

But I would LOVE to see Garth and Cash...FOR SURE!!! And SO many that are on your list!!!!!