need help: my dog is taking up more than half of my bed

Options
mkennedym
mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
which is hilarious because he is a tiny pommeranian. he was the runt of the litter too.

so my question is this. what is the best way to prepare pommeranian? garlic and butter with maybe a little cilantro?

little dude actually thinks he owns the place. cooking and eating him will show him who is the master of the house.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    One limb at a time, into the slow cooker :)

(Disclaimer: no dogs were harmed in the production of this witty reply)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have a long haired chihuahua!! :heart:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I was like, what is this post doing in "recipes"...

haha
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    never mind. he moved. he must be checking the forums with his ipod or something.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    add a few bell peppers and some mushrooms maybe a lil white wine lol
  • Metallisa
    Options
    I would substitute Smart Balance for the butter to cut down on the fat and calories.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have a 10lb mini pincher/mini daschund who takes up at least half of the king sized bed. And when he's not taking up half the bed he is either sleeping on my knees or ankles <sigh> He rules the house with his tiny iron paw. LOL!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    On a stick with some Wasabi Ginger teriyaki sauce and grilled. The sauce is only 35 calories.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Any "dog" that fits in a microwave is not a dog. Just saying...
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    I was like, what is this post doing in "recipes"...

haha
    'I'm still wondering this

smdh
  • Vpirwannab
    Options
    Basically you are screwed. This is a subject I know well and below is exactly how it is.

Dear Dogs and Cats:

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that
    aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging
    out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or
    get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is:
    Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the
    following message on
    the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT
    OUR PETS:

(1) They live here. You don't.
    (2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
    (3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
    (4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they
    (1) eat less,
    (2) don't ask for money all the time
    (4) normally come when called,
    (5) never ask to drive the car,
    (6) don't hang out with drug-using people;
    (7) don't smoke or drink,
    (8) don't want to wear your clothes,
    (9) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
    (10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college
    (11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children ..

• sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    hmmm...what would you recommend for a slightly bigger dog? I have a frenchie...so he's not tiny, but he's not big enough to butcher like a cow...I'm thinking more like a pig roast type thing...

He also hogs up more than half the bed, snores like no other (even when he's not actually sleeping) and farts almost constantly. It's a toss up between who snores and farts worse between the bf and the dog...but usually the dog wins...
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Basically you are screwed. This is a subject I know well and below is exactly how it is.

Dear Dogs and Cats:

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or
    get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

following message on
    the front door:

OUR PETS:

(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
    (4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

(1) eat less,

LOL that is so true! But even though they may not want to wear my clothes, if something gets left out they do want to sleep on them and there is just no getting them back until they are ready to move!

Also I fully believe that a Pomeranian can take up over half a bed because I have a cat who can always somehow take up more than half of the bed himself and when both of them want to sleep on the bed I have problems :-)
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i have the 60lb version of pomeranian (chow chow - seriously, if you zapped her with a shrink ray = pomeranian) who also does this. i constantly think of ways to cook her, but have found that telling her my plan is of very little concern to her. damn dog...
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    this is from someone who owns 2 shiba inus and a cat that have a 6th sense in knowing what time bedtime is going to be and will beat you to all the "good" spots in the bed! They hog the covers if I move at night and I end up with a corner of the sheet hanging on to it with a dear life so not to lose it and freeze to death.
    Right now it is 1:02 am and I have been woken up from my beauty rest to let them outside to pee but to the probably more importantly is their lizard community that lives on the patio that will be checking on!
    We will repleat this around 3am also. ( I must get up at 4 to head to work)
    The monsters are ready to go back to bed!
    Off to get my beauty rest while I can! CIAO!!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    change it to a cat that thinks it's a dog and I'm in the exact same position.

he is slowly starting to learn his side of the bed....but....I often wake up with him sleeping on my pillow wrapped around my head. The best though is when he decides that there is some phantom mouse playing hide and seek with him under the pillow and he dive bombs it. this of course happens at 3 am
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Dear Dogs and Cats:

following message on
    the front door:

OUR PETS:

(1) eat less,

lmao....I think I almost shed a tear.....this is all too funny...:laugh:

I have 2 dogs, 1 long haired chihuahua and 1 cockapoo (wondering if that word will get bleeped out? lol)
    Both do a good job at takin up more than half the bed...however, my cockapoo has now become pretty decent at sleeping towards the bottom left side of the bed, he's getting better at following orders lol. Unfortunately, my chihuahua now hadda start sleeping in her cage (shes got like a bed/pillow thing in there tho...so she's cool with it), but I still *occasionally* will let her sleep on the bed especially when I'm sad....but she's the worst.....and she's gotta be all right up against me and everytime I turn over the poor thing ends up flippin over and gets all stunned and mad AT ME!!! Yup, once you let them on your bed, they seem to offically think it is THEIRS...they *need* to go scratch n ball up the sheets n blankets and spin around and get all comfy...and if you happen to get in their way....u might just get a light growl and definitely the "stink eye"

Would woulda thought a dog that weighed less than 10 lbs would leave you hangin off your bed so often??? lol

But I still love them dearly....spoiled lil brats :tongue:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My own dog only likes to sleep with me on the couch. She's not too interested in my bed unless I'm not in it, far preferring her own bed next to mine. If I'm too slow to get up in the morning, she'll leap onto the bed and then across me and back until I get up. ;)
  • Babydfosho
    Babydfosho Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    On a stick with some Wasabi Ginger teriyaki sauce and grilled. The sauce is only 35 calories.

Delicious!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    haha, that was funny. you can cook him with my Pit Bull who also takes up about 95% of of the bed and only weighs 50lbs! lol

yours can be the appetizer and mine the entree! :drinker: