Jillian Michael's the 30 day Shred or Ripped in 30 challenge

Options
I am a big fan of Jillian Michael's. I have all of her workout DVD's. I love how she has the DVD's that are 25 minutes long but I sweat more than I do on DVD's that are 45 to an hour long. So I was wondering if anyone would want to do a 30 Day Challenge with me. I think this has been done already but I thought I would still ask. What I was thinking and if anyone would like to add to this, please feel free is just post starting weight and/or weight and measurements for your first post. And then workout to either 30 day shred or Ripped in 30 days for 5x a week. Maybe add some walking/elliptical or any kind of Cardio and log it in to the thread each time you complete your day or once a week.

So example for me would be:

April 20, 2011
Ripped in 30 - Level 2
30 minutes elliptical

Then after 15 days post your midway weight and/or measurements to show everyone how far we all come.

After the 30 day's then we will post our final numbers. So if anyone is interest just start posting. And good luck to everyone. I just thought this would be a good idea because it makes you accountable to post your workouts so that makes you want to work out. :flowerforyou:

I was thinking we should start on May 1, 2011 since it's a new week and a new month. Put feel free to suggest a different time. :smile:

Replies

• hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am already doing Ripped in 30 and would welcome the challenge. I only need to lose a few more pounds but I would like to see if my measurements change at all. Count me in!
  • carolina2768
    carolina2768 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i will do it with you! i just started the 30ds on monday and am on level one. i supplement it with running because i am training for a 10k! let me know :)
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to join this challenge... as soon as my DVD arrives in the mail. I just ordered it yesterday. My best friends wedding is in 31 days... I hope it arrives quickly! :-P
  • hello1980
    hello1980 Posts: 26
    Options
    Awesome and welcome. I also have been doing the Ripped in 30 which I love.
  • sheenmarie3
    sheenmarie3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will join I keep starting the 30 day shred and then quitting...I've gotton up to Day 10 on level 1 and stopped..lame...so I will try to keep it going this time :)
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm also waiting for my 30-day shred DVD to arrive. This would be good motivation though!
  • hello1980
    Options
    Also we can start anytime you all would like. Also to Katnotfat, the DVD's awesome and I know you will look amazing on your BFF's wedding day after the DVD. I have more tone in my abs, legs, and arms because of it. On 30 day shred I still have problems with level 3 but 1 and 2 get easier with time. Ripped in 30 days I've only have down (she lables them weeks) and I've only done Week 1 and 2 which are awesome. I just love how it is only 25 minutes a day and you can feel it working.

Well awesome, I'm so glad everyone wants to do this. If anyone who has already started want to start today feel free. I will post mine later on today also.

Good luck to everyone. :smile:
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day Shred last year, I would love to join and start it again...more accountable goes a long way for me!! Let us know the start day you have chosen! Thanks and great idea!!
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Hello1980, you're so sweet! I've been doing body pump class Tuesday, Zumba wednesday, and Body Pump again on Thursdays. I could use a revving up! I've started to notice the muscles (hells ya!) but I haven't really lost anything scale wise. Think I need to step it up! Anndd this seems like a great way to start! Go us!!
  • AussieLaurelle
    AussieLaurelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Count me in ! Im just looking to shred the lat 10 pounds or so that refuse to drop ( hence the joining of MFP) and the shred sounds like a perfect way to go about it.

Feel free to add me as a friend too :)
  • brewer313
    brewer313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone... Im new to myfitnesspal and would like to join in with you on this challenge. Im getting married in December and have a long way to go on size. I am starting at 180 and need to be 135. Really need the support. :)
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about ordering one of these but which one is better? 30 day shred or ripped in 30?
  • hello1980
    Options
    To RJB0802 I personally like the Ripped in 30 day's because it has 4 levels and the 30 day shred only has 3 levels. They are both really good and effective (if you can keep it up for the whole 30 days unlike me I've failed so that's why I thought this challenge would be great so I will HAVE to complete it now) there's no turning back. So whichever one you choice it will get the job done. Oh and Ripped in 30 is kind of hard to find in stores, I had to order mine from Wal-mart and had them site to store delivery and 30 day shred you can usually find in stores. GOOD LUCK.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    To RJB0802 I personally like the Ripped in 30 day's because it has 4 levels and the 30 day shred only has 3 levels. They are both really good and effective (if you can keep it up for the whole 30 days unlike me I've failed so that's why I thought this challenge would be great so I will HAVE to complete it now) there's no turning back. So whichever one you choice it will get the job done. Oh and Ripped in 30 is kind of hard to find in stores, I had to order mine from Wal-mart and had them site to store delivery and 30 day shred you can usually find in stores. GOOD LUCK.

Thank you!
  • isktaine
    isktaine Posts: 8
    Options
    Count me in, sounds awesome! I've got my DVD and not started it yet, bit apprehensive so I think having some people to do it with would be great :) I may start 25th April rather than May 1st but I'll just start posting May 1st if thats what everyone else is doing.
  • hello1980
    Options
    isktaine - you can start posting that day. I think anyone who wants to get started now, that would be just as great. I am going to start posting mine tomorrow. Oh and welcome to the challenge. I'm excited to see everyone who wants to join. It makes me look forward to seeing everyones results. Good luck.
  • lauren807
    lauren807 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am on Day #27 of 30 DS and am planning on moving onto Ripped in 30 this weekend once I am done. Does anyone have suggestions for extra cardio? I unfortunately have 30-40 pounds to lose. I definitely got more toned doing the 30DS, but I do still have some extra fat to lose. Should I focus more on the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Slim down routine until I lose some more weight, then move onto Ripped in 30? Any suggestions? I need to get down some more weight in the next few months so I my husband and I can start TTC. Help please! :)
  • jilaneeaf
    jilaneeaf Posts: 38
    Options
    I would love to do the 30 Day Shred!!! Count me in!!!
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole blog but have a QUESTION: How many calories do you think are burned by doing Level 1 of 30DS??
  • hello1980
    Options
    @ lauren807 - I have been doing the Ripped in 30 and I have also been going on the elliptical/treadmill/walking outside for at least 30 minutes a day 3x a week for extra. I think that the DVD is an excellent source to get you started but for me the extra cardio I do outside the home keeps me from getting bored. I know trying to get to a machine is hard to do so I would suggest at least maybe walking for 30 minutes at least 3x a week around your block and/or park on top of 5x a week of Jillian and I think you would find it more beneficial. I

@aliciadp - I have been looking everywhere on the web to find this answer out with no luck. But I'm guessing if you give it 100% and you are sweating the whole time from start to finish I'm sure it has to be at least 100 calories depending on your body size. (This is just a guess thou. I will keep on searching for this answer and keep you posted.

I hope this helped.