Jillian Michael's the 30 day Shred or Ripped in 30 challenge

Options

Replies

• IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am in!! I was going to do another round of P90X but decided to do Ripped in 30 for a change up. I will be starting today as day one! I really want to lose 10-15 pounds within these 30 days, I hope I can do it!!!

SW-147.5
    GW-132-137
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Oh and what are you ladies eating? Are yall following the meal plan that comes with Ripped in 30?
  • isktaine
    isktaine Posts: 8
    Options
    Is there an eating plan with it? I noticed she said something about that in the intro on the DVD but nothing came with the DVD inside the box... Is it something you are supposed to buy seperately?
  • hello1980
    hello1980 Posts: 26
    Options
    Is there an eating plan with it? I noticed she said something about that in the intro on the DVD but nothing came with the DVD inside the box... Is it something you are supposed to buy seperately?

If you go to http://www.jillianmichaels.com/rippedin30mealplan.aspx?promo=021754D4-788F-4C01-A42D-74C56A831274 you can get the meal plan.
  • hello1980
    Options
    I have not posted my workouts so here it goes.

04/28/2011 Day 9
    Ripped week 3

04/29/2011 Day 10
    REST - Whole day

04/30/2011 Day 11
    Walked 60 minutes
    Ripped week 3

05/01/2011 Day 12
    Cleaned my house for 2 hours, I was worn out. I deep clean my house once a month

05/02/2011 Day 13
    Elliptical 30 minutes
    Ripped week 3

I've lost 7 pounds in the first 2 weeks with doing Jillian and as far as the eating all I've done is just measure everything. From my ice cream to my M & M's. I even order smaller and healthier meals when I am eating out. Now that I've been watching my portions I think about it more when I do eat out. I bought the biggest loser scale a couple of months ago. It cost about $20 and I LOVE IT. Good Luck for this week everyone. I am now under 160 lbs and I met my 1st goal. WOO HOO.
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @hello1980 - Great job! You should be sooo proud. Heck, I'm proud of you! I took the weekend off but will be back to my 30DS today....and I can't wait :)
  • hello1980
    Options
    @hello1980 - Great job! You should be sooo proud. Heck, I'm proud of you! I took the weekend off but will be back to my 30DS today....and I can't wait :)

aliciadpo I am so proud and thank you. It's funny because it is always harder for me to workout on the weekends then durning the week. I'm going to try and just workout Monday - Friday and just take off on the weekends. :smile:
  • zoebea33
    zoebea33 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm waiting for my 30DS to arrive in the post :) do i need any equipment to go with it x
  • hello1980
    Options
    Hi i'm waiting for my 30DS to arrive in the post :) do i need any equipment to go with it x

Just weights. 3 lbs. that's what I use. Good Luck. :smile:
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @ hello1980 - Congrats on meeting your first goal!! You did it really fast, too :)

I agree with you guyrs about working out on the weekends. I always struggle to work out when I have days off. I like the idea of taking the weekend off. I've been trying to work out every day.

let's see, where did I leave off -

4/27 run 2.5 miles - I struggled with 1.5 miles. My shins were really hurting.
    4/28 ripped in 30 - I ended up doing arm, back, and ab exercises with my 8lb weights. I didn't do ripped in 30 cuz my legs needed a break.

I'm going to attempt to add miles this week. Today I'm running 3 miles and 4 on Wednesday. Both days I'll have a running partner, and I'm hoping that makes a difference in my endurance!
  • hello1980
    Options
    @ sdgirl22 - thanks and it was really fast. I keep getting on and off the scale to make sure I was reading it right. LOL. I think the portion control is what really helped. I use to do the 30 day shred and still eat whatever I wanted and not lose weight but inches and now I'm losing weight so I guess they are right and you do have to watch what you eat. LOL I want to be 13 pounds lighter by August. :smile: and then I will be at my goal weight. So I'm going with 5 pounds a month’s so I will not get discouraged. Being on here as also helped a lot, with all of you here to help it keeps me motivated. So thanks again. :smile:
  • toonsykitty
    Options
    Today is my day 2 - can you say "sore thighs and arms!?" I live on the top floor of a condo building so I am a little conscious of too much jumping around so I have to modify the cardio moves at times but Im still sweating plenty! Man, what an eye opener to how out of shape I am!!

I think I might make this workout an alternation with cardio workouts (elliptical or treadmill one night, Jillian the next, etc).

I am not doing her meal plan, but my own and staying 1000-1200 calories. (I am only 5'-3.5") I eat a bit less carbs than her plan but I do eat alot of the same key foods - but I eat 5 times a day to keep my blood sugar in check.

Tomorrow starts a string of BUSY days......i sure hope I can keep up with being consistant!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Day 11 of 30-day shred
    First day at Level 2
    butt status = KICKED!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles yesterday - YAY! I ended up having to run on the treadmill cuz hubby bailed on me and I didn't want to run alone in the dark.

Apparently my complex doesn't turn the air conditioner on in the gym; the thermostat said 78!! Plus, my knee got stiff and I got a headache that hasn't gone away.

Why does running feel so good at the time, and then hurt so much afterwards??????
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Girl, I am down for the chalenge. BUt i orderd my DVD today and won't be in till end of next week. I will start on 5/15/11. Please add me. I need these types of Challenege to keep me going
  • BastaConLaPasta
    Options
    hi there - just wondering does anyone know how to calculate cals burned/ add to exercise diary for Shred?
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm weigh right about 180 and it burns about 230-250 for me. I go all out though - really all out no matter how much I curse (and I tend to burn on the high side of the average person).

I'm alternating between my Jillian and Bob. Shred and Yoga for the Warrior. I swear one of them is going to kill me - just not sure which one yet :) Luckily the boot camp I'm doing (started a week before I started Shred) does a lot of the same moves that Shred does, so I was a bit pre-conditioned, but not much!
  • wisawofgren
    wisawofgren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So far the dvd's are still in the package.... I WILL get them out tomorrow, not sure which one I will do-ripped or shred-but I WILL do one. I have been meeting with my kick a** trainer on Tuesday and Thursday's and she is doing her job very well.... Bye Bye bootie....

On the positvie side, I did run yesterday... Yes RUN... I ran for 2 miles straight and completed 4 miles in 48 minutes. I am trying my best to turn my brain from a fast waddler(13+ minute mile) to a runner.

Great job to everyone who started as planned, keep up the great work and I will join you tomorrow.....
  • jerbear4444
    Options
    I will join! I am down 7 lbs today and have 43 more to go before July 30th for my wedding day. I don't have the disks but I will do other stuff to rip it up. keep pushing me(all who will) to acheive my goal!
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started ripped in 30 on May 1 so I could be done by the 30th. I forgot to take measurements... I guess I still could since Im only on day 3!!