Heart Rate Monitor /Fitness Watch

Options
2»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    not to get into a HR monitor war but I wanted to toss back in my bid for one. My Timex (at least the one I have) is accurate with the calorie burn as I often compared it to this site http://www.caloriesperhour.com/ as a means of comparison, The calorie burn that I had when I was 10 pounds heavier is now lower- as it should be. I have read so many reviews on all of these. Any of them is fine. But I agree that a chest strap appears to be the most accurate whichever one you chose and/or have the money for. :smile: I just am glad I got one.

I didn't mean to sound rude with my comment. My issue was when I had it, it told me I burned 500+ calories for walking 30 min on a treadmill at the highest incline for a speed of 3 miles per hour.. a bit crazy? i think so.. but if it works for you then more power to you.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    So if I understand well, the Polar FT4 has also the chest strap and is pretty good!

What are the differences between the FT4 and FT7? According to their website, the FT7 shows if you're burning fat ?!
    Not really clear to me lol.

with the ft7 you can upload the data to the polar website but you need to buy a flolink connector thingie at about £40. i couldnt decide between the two and in the end went for the ft4 as mfp already takes up all my time without logging things in two places lol
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Not rude at all! If I had the money I probably would have gone for a different one.:wink: