is anyone else STUCK?

Options
I have been dieting and exercising since August and I have like hit a STOP with it, I can not get below 145lbs.

It seems like no matter what I do I can not lose anymore, anyone having the same problem? Anyone overcame the same problem? How did you do it!?

Replies

• dlange64
    dlange64 Posts: 15
    Options
    Maybe change what your eating.... I mean , change up the food so your not eating the same things all the time... make your body start burning the calories again.... try some foods that maybe you don't eat alot of . Do you drink alot of water ? you might try drinking more water and eat more fiber .... try not to consume as much sodium.
  • dlange64
    dlange64 Posts: 15
    Options
    Maybe change what your eating.... I mean , change up the food so your not eating the same things all the time... make your body start burning the calories again.... try some foods that maybe you don't eat alot of . Do you drink alot of water ? you might try drinking more water and eat more fiber .... try not to consume as much sodium.
  • evanness
    evanness Posts: 25
    Options
    I've been stuck around 140 for a REALLY long time and I'm just starting to really attack it and work to get under that! The best thing you can do when you're stuck is to find a way to shock your body! If you're stuck that means your body has gotten used to the amount of calories you're eating and the amount of exercise you're getting. You need to confuse your system, either by bumping your exercise routine up to a lot more intensity or by limiting your calories really strictly for a couple days. My Mom has a three day cleanse that she does when she gets really stuck that cleans out your system and kind of sets your body up to just start fresh again. But, it takes some special water and the Shakeology powder so I'm not sure if that's an option for you or not?
    I would definitely recommend changing your exercise routine a little though. Your body gets too used to an exercise after a while and you need to change it up to have results again. Does this help at all?
  • ampd4196
    ampd4196 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been stuck at 148 for almost a year! I have tried everything myself! I just recently started hitting the gym 6 days a week! I have lost 2 pounds but more super cool is that I have lost 2 inches! So If you find out or figure it out! HOlla! Cause I would love to know too!
  • gpatton1
    gpatton1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Another thing to take into account is sleep. Make sure you are getting adequate sleep; recommended amount is 7.5 hrs per night. WebMD has some good background information on the connection between sleep and weight loss. See article at
    http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain
    Good luck with your program

gp
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    ME!!!! I have been stuck for months, at least 4!! I tried everything! I did lose a couple pounds when I went on a raw food retreat and ate nothing but fruit and veggies, and now 2 weeks later I am pretty sure the weight is back, although this is the TOM when i am up a little so hard to tell....I even tried Insanity workouts to change up my normal exercisse (running), and 6 weeks later no real changes. I drink tons of water, watch sodium. I even bought the bodymedia system a couple months ago to see how much i am actually burning throughout the day and tried increasing my calories...Let me know if you try something that works!!!