Obsessed about losing

Options
I don't know if its just me or anyone else feels this way but I tihnk I'm consumed by losing weight each and every hour each day. I'm constantly thinking about when I can eat next or what kind of excercises I should be doing. I think its because I'm scared I'll fall off the wagon and that its a constant reminder of why I'm losing the weight. Is anyone just as obssessed as I am? (I sound like a weirdo but i swear Im normal lol)

Replies

• JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    you're not the only one lol
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You are so far from being alone.....think positive thoughts. You're newly reviving machine will NOT let you down! .. These are a few things I remind myself of everyday...
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think about logging ALL day. ALL DAAAAY.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Your not alone......i feel the same way!!!!!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I have an addictive personality and this goes right along with it. I'm scared I'm going to obsess over it to the point of being burned out.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    um, yeah, I am obsessed. No doubt. And, it's okay with me, for now. I do my best not to "over talk" diet and exercise with those that don't share my journey...that way, they don't get tired of hearing it and I don't sound like I am preaching. It's a win win!!
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I think thoughts about all of this have pretty much taken over my life too!!! It's a crazy feeling because I never used to think about it except to say....uuuuughghhg, I'm too heavy!!! Now all I think about is eating and working out which is ok by me, I just hope I'm not driving everyone else around me CRAZY!
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am suddenly obsessed too. Think about it every minute. And even when I eat within limits I feel like I over ate. You are not alone!
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I have an addictive personality and this goes right along with it. I'm scared I'm going to obsess over it to the point of being burned out.

ugh....me too. I go too far with things and then get bored of them quickly so I'm trying to NOT do that on here.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    It's not weird it's how we get ourselves going, but soon you'll be thinking less about those things and thinking more about how well you are doing, how much you've learned, how natural it is for you to eat healthier and choose foods more naturally. I promise it'll get better. It won't always be a smooth ride, but once your body becomes more like a well tuned performance machine you'll notice the bumps less.
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    For me, it is important to not be obsessed with food nor with losing weight. For me, God has to be first, not food. If I am keeping Him first, then I must treat my body as His temple, not be gluttonous. Obsessing over exercise, etc, can be just as bad as food-as far as spiritual matters are concerned. My motive this time has to be to return my body to the way in which intended for it to be, not the way I changed it. The perks are the clothes fitting better and more energy, etc.
  • satinchocolatesweetie
    Options
    You are not alone. I am obsessed too. I read about eating/fitness online. I buy all the books and magazines. I buy more workout clothes than clothes for work. It's bad...
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am too! I think it helps to keep me on track. If I wasn't obsessed I would still be 199 lbs instead of 181 lbs! I am also obsessed with the scales, not in a bad way- they just help me to stay on track too.

Lots of cute babies on this thread!!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I think it's great that you are putting so much effort into your journey and the results are paying off - well done. You are not alone dont worry about that!!

What really bugs me is the sinny girls (AKA my friend) who weight around 56kg and is CONTINUALLY banging on to anybody about what she is eating, exercise (or lack of), cutting out complete food groups and her "fat"*kitten*! The girl looks like a short barbie!! It is so exhausting to listen to, especially when I think she could do with a few meat pudding in her ha!

p.s - I stole your mantra for my FB page! Hope you dont mind but I think it is perfect!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I am obsessed too. I read about eating/fitness online. I buy all the books and magazines. I buy more workout clothes than clothes for work. It's bad...

Me too...subscribe to all the mags...and still fat.....feel like I talk about it always....my friends and fam are prob sick of it......
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have been testing maintenance for about a month. I haven't been tracking food, but I have excercise because I feel that is the key to maintenance. So far so good, I eat pretty clean and I haven't gained. Well except I keep losing and gaining the same 2lbs. But to me that is normal maintenance. But I weight myself every day and record just to measure the fluctuations and make sure I don't gain. I still do want to lose 5 more lbs, and since I have been maintenance I have lost 5, not including the 2 I keep gaining and losing.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I am painfully obsessed.
  • jwells70
    jwells70 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am definitely obsessed and am finding that I am spending more time on here than facebook!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I agree on being on here more than FB! lol Plus it makes me feel better that Im not the only one:happy:
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    I think it's only natural and HEALTHY for us to be obsessed with losing excess weight. Once it becomes a part of you, it becomes less consuming, and more natural like second nature to do the right things for ourselves. Just allow this time to be focused and let all your energy go towards it.