Obsessed about losing

Options

Replies

• Ty_1227
    Ty_1227 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'd say it's safe that 90% of this community, including myself is in the same boat as you. My focus though is in forming the overall habits rather than number crunching. The scales are already an added encouragement for me, but my primary goal is to form lasting habits so that I prioritizing daily workouts is as much of a given as it is for me to shower, brush my teeth, etc. From there, my waistline will take care of itself! Keep up the great work though!
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have spent pretty much my whole life dealing with my weight, trying to get healthy lose some weight life happens gain some weight, my mind is now consumed with the thoughts of what Im gonna eat, am I ever gonna be thinner, when is the next meal, and so on...I honestly think I obsess so much I will not know how to function should I ever lose weight and this in its self is stopping me...I have been looking into getting professional help for it
  • swilliams26
    swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My husband thunk I'm a bit obsessed. I talk about weight constantly. I had to stop weighing myself everyday. The last few I've been a bit lazy and I know I have to stay on track and stay focused. sometimes it a bit hard. As long as I have myfitnesspal friends I can do it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be obsessed about something, then losing weight would be one of the better things to be obsessed with.

Get to a point you're happy with and don't let yourself slip back into old bad habits :)

In saying that, I am maintenance/gaining and I still count cals, but I'm an accountant so I like my numbers :P
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Luckily my boyfriend and I are both trying to get fitter/lose weight. Unfortunately he is shedding kilos so much quicker than myself but it's ok. I think the logging and these forums make it more of a lifestyle so it's harder to fall of the band wagon totally.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Be Careful is all I will say. I was obsessed as well and I have met my goal. I am trying to switch to maintaining instead of losing and it is difficult. I had blinders on for my goal and now I feel like I am a little lost sometimes. Just a heads up.
  • charding40
    Options
    you are soooooooooooo not alone! this is how OBSESSED i am with it! tonight my main computer crashed i went into a panic mode because i couldnt log onto this site and then texted my husband at work asking him how the hell do i fix this stupid computer!!! then had a bit of an arguement with my 12 yr old son to use his laptop! lol! but this is one obsession im proud of!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely obsessed. I was just saying to my boyfriend this morning how I'm obsessed with the whole thing. I weigh myself twice a day and am constantly thinking of working out and eating and burning cals and blah blah blah blah blah!

So you're absolutely not the only one...
  • ashkaps
    ashkaps Posts: 32
    Options
    Completely obsessed to the point where my friends think I'm being stupid, but they don't understand!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I was very preoccupied with it initially, almost to the point of OCD..., but not anymore.

I'm kind of glad about that as it is a bit boring... :laugh:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm very obsessed with it as well. I guess I'm just so thrilled that it's working so well.

I do make sure not to talk about it to other people (it's like new mothers boring other people with their new offspring :tongue: ), so I don't mention it unless someone specifically asks.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yeah i sure am but i look it at this way i can either be obsessed about being healthy or obsessed about eating junk lol
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm completely obsessed too, don't think about that much else unless I'm working.

But I'm going to go against the trend and say that it's not normal or healthy. It may be normal on here but that doesn't make it a good thing. Changing your lifestyle for the better shouldn't mean obliterating your other thoughts and interests and turning yourself into a boring healthy nut who can't focus on anything else.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My coworkers say I exercise too much.
    My friends call me a calorie-counting freak.
    My reply?
    "Whatever. You're all getting fatter anyway."
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    same here... weight seems to be the only thing on my mind all day.. i have this fear that i will wake up and will have gained all the weight back over night....

the less i lose.. the more i obsess....
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I'm right there too, I'm so afraid if I'm not "on" all the time I'll just give it all up so easily. I'm always researching what to do, what to eat and how to get more fit. I don't mind my OCD though, it helps me keep on track and eat right.
  • loodoo87
    loodoo87 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am exactly the same dont worry!
  • beccaboo1021
    Options
    Oh yes!! I am always thinking before I'm eating! I think how many calories (nutrition in general) am I about to eat, and how much longer am I going to have to work out to have a little something extra... BUT, it's a good thing!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah. I'm feeling a little bit obsessed. But this is the first time in my adult life that I've focused on *me* and made my health a priority.

I spend more time now on MFP than any of my other regular internet places.

I think about everything I eat, when, why, how I'm feeling, if it's a good choice, etc.

I think about exercising all the time, even if I'm not doing it.

I figure once I make all this habit and it gets to be part of my regular life without thinking about it so much, the obsession will go away.
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    same here! its all consuming. In one respect it is good to be conscious of what your doing but on the other hand obsessing is how disorders are born. I think if it doesnt get out of hand your ok