Beachbody coaches, I will not be 'friending' any more of you

Options

Replies

• agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I agree. It really drives me up the wall. Even on facebook the other day, one of my friends posted how she was drinking Shakeology, and I wrote something like, "I don't know how anyone can afford that. No way I'm paying for that." and a BB coach I've never heard of friended me seriously 2 SECONDS after I submitted that comment. It pissed me off. It's like, "really? you really think I'm going to accept your friend request when you are blatantly only friending me to harrass me to buy Shakeology?!" Besides, I ALREADY SAID I WASN'T INTERESTED!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    sFun_slapfight-1.gif

sFun_DeadHorse-1.gif

Too Funny!!
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I did get a msg once because I mentioned p90x. When I said I was "borrowing" the dvd's, she said if I was interested in anything, let her know. Very friendly and not pushy at all.

But it's PATENTLY against the rules of this site to send those "message me for more info" messages, or to post it on the forums, or to post it on your profile, or to post it on other people's profiles. It IS using MFP as a free advertising site and it is NOT allowed.

From Mike: "Specifically, you may not post anything from which you might financially benefit, i.e. talking about a product and asking people to visit your website to learn more, "message me for more info", "I can get you free samples", etc. "

And from the Forum Rules:
    "1) No advertising or self-promotion. You may not post advertisements for other services, websites, etc. which intend to sell products or services for monetary gain. Any such links will be removed at moderator discretion without warning and could result in your posting privileges being revoked. You also may not make any posts from which you might financially benefit, i.e. "message me for more info", "I can get you free samples", "visit my site for more info", etc.

2) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products, are considered inappropriate and will be removed without warning. This rule has been created to protect members from multi-level marketing schemes or other hidden sales tactics which are strictly prohibited on this site. "

Whether or not these BB coaches are "friendly" is not the issue. :grumble:

Wow, I never really thought about it, never realized that was against the rules. I cannot count how many BB coaches have done this to me.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Nobody ever approached me about anything. I guess I am not much of a conversationalist unless it involves, food, sex or motorcycles. OR some freaky combination of all three.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Nobody ever approached me about anything. I guess I am not much of a conversationalist unless it involves, food, sex or motorcycles. OR some freaky combination of all three.

OMG, nearly choked myself on that one! hahaha
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It isn't a pyramid scheme, but it's almost borderline pyramid scheme.

Really? I thought Ponzi / Pyramid schemes were illegal in the States? They want to be careful....

It's MLM (multilevel marketing) which is basically a legal pyramid.
    Pyramid schemes, strictly speaking, offer no real good or service. It's simply a promis of a payoff depending on how many people you can get to sign up.

MLM (in this case Beachbody) is offering a legit good which has value. They simply use incentivized word of mouth marketing to move their product.

Now, I understand trying to dis a MLM company by calling them a pyramid scheme, but they are definitely different animals.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Pyramid schemes, strictly speaking, offer no real good or service. It's simply a promis of a payoff depending on how many people you can get to sign up.

MLM (in this case Beachbody) is offering a legit good which has value. They simply use incentivized word of mouth marketing to move their product.

Now, I understand trying to dis a MLM company by calling them a pyramid scheme, but they are definitely different animals.

Agreed. But MLM companies are usually jokes in my book.
    Amway or BeachBody. I'm not buying it.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Wow. I am seriously awaiting the day when I'm approached. X-D I will get your contact information, make you think I want to buy your wares, and proceed to put you on EVERY calling/mailing list I can find! :-D
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Agreed. But MLM companies are usually jokes in my book.
    Amway or BeachBody. I'm not buying it.
    Don't get me wrong, I despise MLMs. Some are better than others, as far as products go, and Beachbody I'd put above many I've seen in that regard. But, at the same time, Beachbody lost all of my respect when they started seriously pushing the MLM angle.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I've not been hounded by any of these people. Does one become a "coach" simply by signing up the sell the product?
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    I have someone like that on facebook but its mary kay and not beach body.But thats mostly all she talks about
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    I have someone like that on facebook but its mary kay and not beach body.But thats mostly all she talks about

OMG!! Dont get me started about the "pink ladies" i went to one of those thing all it was were women just praising themselves an fake jewelry alround it was like being with pods it was sad .one women had the nerve to tell me "well if you cant hang" i was like um no i dont were your sh** so why would i sell it??????????????? and yes i said it like that i can be a smart one too to when need to be of course im always lady like about it.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have bought P90, and P90x.
    The video's are great. I never had anybody send me any sales pitches.

I've also involved in an MLM company - There are benefits to a proper MLM setup.
    MLM is like most businesses if you think about it.

Someone from China makes a product and cost $0.25 to make.
    It gets bought and sold by 2-3 companies before the end user( a retail customer )purchases the product for $5.00.
    Each person "in that upline" made a % profit.

My opinion, this craziness from BB coaches started when they created Shakeology.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    pinkmoon,they have an older woman in my area who drives a pink Cadillac, looks like Dolly Pardons grandmother and has Mary Kay stickers all over her car...........bizarre.................Lloyd
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I have a few friends who are Beachbody coaches and they are some of the nicest people i know. They never bug me about their stuff unless i ask for it.

Go Beachbody coaches!!!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    First I must say I was intrigued by this post because before reading it I had NO IDEA what "Beachbody" even was.
    After reading the thread, I came to a distinct conclusion,
    This thread has served to bring the products and company to the forefront and seems like a very ingenius way to market a product, while in the guise of NOT marketing the product.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,743 Member
    Options
    That would have been clever, but I don't think that's how it all went down.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention this ... Im new here this week and was bombared (okay about 5 beachbody coaches) contacted me.
    I thought they were being really nice at first, then the messages came about shakeology, so I googled.
    Had no idea what it was until I looked it up and prompted deleted those pretending to be my FRIEND just to prey on people ...