Fellow water haters, how do you hydrate?

Options
2»

Replies

• JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I am not a big fan of plain water either. I tried the Mio water enhancers and it has really helped me up my water intake. It really does not take much to give the water some flavor. Mio has zero calories, zero sugar etc.

Love Mio!

I love Mio, the sweet tea is delicious and it only takes a little to liven things up!
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    i just add some vodka
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

LOL...I was thinking the same thing:)

I almost bought Mio yesterday...I'll have to give it a shot. I love the frozen berry idea.

I like water fine, I just forget to drink it. Coffee is my main drink throughout the day:blushing: . I'll have to try some of these ideas and see if I can cut my coffee back to a pot a day:wink:
  • cherilyn221
    cherilyn221 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I line them up on my desk since I don't like cold water...it hurts my mouth...that way I keep track of how much I've had and how much still to go and can pace it. Water isn't my favorite but I do it and hopefully like exercise and healthy eating it will become a favorite too.
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I drink unsweetened ice tea all day long... lots of it. I brew it with half Red Rose tea and half organic green tea. Add a squirt of lemon from the bottle into the pitcher. Sometimes for variety I add some lime juice instead.

I also count my decaf coffee and seltzer water (flavored carbonated water with NO artificial sweeteners, just the one with water and flavoring). You can even spruce seltzer or unsweetened tea up with a bit of juice if you drink juice and it stretches your juice calories.

I drink very little plain water, but when I do I try to get a whole glass down, like when I brush my teeth. I figure that's at least three 8 oz. glasses of water a day when I brush.
  • ashleelouisee
    ashleelouisee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i love sparkling water!
    if you have a SodaStream machine, you can just fizz your water!
    or you can buy bottles of sparkling water from the store.
    nothing bad has been added to the water, it's just been carbonated
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use to drink like 5 or 6 mountain dews a day and never water. Then when I quit pop I switched to adding propel to my water. I did that for a few weeks and it made a nice lemonade. But it got really expensive so Now I just add alittle lemon juice to my water and I drink 12-15 cups a day.When your body gets use to all the water you will start to love it and crave it!

Totally agree. After I cut out drinking all the crap and forced myself to just drink water, then my body and taste buds became accustomed to it and now it's all I want. It's just hard getting to that point. Hang in there!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I struggle to drink 2 litres/70 ounces of water (apart from 2litres of pepsi before my diet!) and the only way that works for me is to carry a litre sized bottle with me everywhere I go with no added sugar squash in it. When I drink out of this I tend to drink more than I normally would if I was to make it up per glass ... not sure why ... some people say they drink more when its through a straw aswell!
    I'm spot on with eating clean most days but I cant let go of the no added sugar squash! I only use an inch of it to a litre anyway - everythings good in moderation right :happy:
    I've got my strawberry and kiwi flavoured squash in my lap as im typing right now! I reach for it more often when its always by my side!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i love sparkling water!
    if you have a SodaStream machine, you can just fizz your water!
    or you can buy bottles of sparkling water from the store.
    nothing bad has been added to the water, it's just been carbonated

I read that carbonated water makes your body flush out calcium and leads to osteoporosis.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    sliced oranges, lemons, or cucumber slices give water a very pleasant refreshing taste. Just put the slices in a container of water like a pitcher, refrigerate, serve with ice.
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I drink mostly flavored seltzer water. I make sure to find the ones with 0 sodium though because some of them do contain sodium.