Spot burning fat

Options
I'm having great results with my exercise regimen thus far, but the last place to go is my core area. I can feel the abs and see a hint of them showing, but I want to get rid of that specific lower abdominal fat. What's the best method for doing that? Should I consider diet pills like Hydroxycut or something like that?

I use Splenda in my coffee because I'm diabetic. Could that be a reason? I'm also having trouble with eating all of my exercise calories... I'm always below by a couple of dozen numbers. Thanks in advance :bigsmile:

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You can't. You have to lower overall bodyfat. It's genetic. Some people store fat in their chest, some legs, some lower stomach.

Mine hangs out in my lower stomach region too, its frustrating.

nice name BTW
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You have to do 10,000 crunches per day. Any less and you won't burn the belly fat. Any more and you risk getting "too tight" down there and you won't be able to bend over.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    well i dont know cause my hydroxycut has been working oh so well that i now can't stop jumping up and down in place and im also so bloated when it's my TOM and i just can't sit long enough to eat my veggies but that's okay im not hungry anyways from the aforementioned hydroxycut debacle i have my body in.

and i also believe that the starvation mode is a lie, a bold faced lie and i wont eat back all my exercise calories cause then what's the point? :tongue:
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    You can't. You have to lower overall bodyfat. It's genetic. Some people store fat in their chest, some legs, some lower stomach.

nice name BTW

This is correct. Spot reduction is a pure myth.

You can make areas look lower in fat by building muscle underneath but in the end you need to lower overall bodyfat %.

Muslce mass can make you look lower fat than you are but to get abs you need to cut bf and that comes off in different ways from person to person.
  • HalfofHilary
    Options

I use Splenda in my coffee

YOUR GONNA DIE!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST USE CYANIDE?!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Splenda will kill you! It is mixed with chlorine! Ack! Try Stevia it is a natural sub.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    sFun_duh2-1.gif
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Welding Torch!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=383&d=1214037416
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I lolled
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

nice name BTW

Ah... If only I could find a way to burn my overall genes into submission. And thanks. I feel I should legally change my name to that. Haha.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    WOW! WTF!!!:laugh:
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    You have to do 10,000 crunches per day. Any less and you won't burn the belly fat. Any more and you risk getting "too tight" down there and you won't be able to bend over.

This will never work!!! It'll make your stomach muscles HUGE and eventually they'll overtake your body. If you really want to get rid of it you could always try liposuction or the at home version with a vaccum cleaner and very small pipes (you can find at home depot). Mine hangs out purely on my left knee and that helped a lot.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options

I use Splenda in my coffee

YOUR GONNA DIE!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST USE CYANIDE?!

HAHA! My thoughts exactly!!!!
  • captaincraveman
    Options
    Stomach Vaccuums... and I am not referring to lipo. The Ahnold way! Truly can't spot reduce as mentioned above, but seriously, Google the vaccuums method of exercising the abs.
  • anubis609
    Options

So, I should just do 2 more...I always take those last couple of dying breaths and I'm done... I knew it.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options

This will never work!!! It'll make your stomach muscles HUGE and eventually they'll overtake your body. If you really want to get rid of it you could always try liposuction or the at home version with a vaccum cleaner and very small pipes (you can find at home depot). Mine hangs out purely on my left knee and that helped a lot.

I think he was joking LOL
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Anubis...Anubis...Anubis...how I love thee. Let me count the ways...never mind, because it would take all freakin' day!
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options

I think he was joking LOL

So you can only tell when someone is joking once a day or what? Sarcasm detector not working today? :P
  • anubis609
    Options

Should I be looking into copper or pvc pipes?