whats your odd food?

Options
azlady7
azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
The other day my stepdaughter was making a peanutbutter and jelly sandwhich. For some reason I had a memory from when I was younger of my mom making peanutbutter, tomotoe and mayo sandwhiches. I LOVED them (probably still do)! It got me thinking....what is your favorite odd food? I would love to read about others strange rarely heard of recipes!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and bologna.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on a hot dog! Yeah, I KNOW it sounds just gross, but a friend got me to try it. And ya know, it was GOOD!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Strawberry jam on eggs! Yummmm!!
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    French fries dipped in chocolate shake..... comfort food
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I never eat it because it's horrible but McDonald's french fries dipped in mayo with pepper!
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    I grew up using cottage cheese a dip for Ruffles bbq potato chips...it's had to be Ruffles brand cause the other just didn't take the same and the cottage cheese had to be bordan's
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    Peanutbutter with dill pickles. :) I'm also a huge fan of french fries with mayonnaise. (Have unfortunately had NONE of these foods in the last months.)
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options

I used to eat french fries dipped in vanilla (I don't like chocolate) fries and soft serve is the best!!
  • mamabear0222
    Options
    oh and cheeze whiz and mayo sandwiches (again that I never eat anymore! lol)
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    o and speaking of hotdogs, i like green olives on mine... don't like a hotdog without green olives
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

When I was little, my grandfather used to get me to dip my fries in my milk or in a milkshake. Every so often, we still do it just for the heck of it, and it grosses out the rest of the family. However, we did pass it along to my son, who enjoys it like we do.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.... fried bologna sandwiches.... cheese toast
  • mommytomia
    Options
    sausage biscuit with mustard and grape jelly...
    not eating them anymore, soo bad for you!
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My dad used to make peanut butter, mayonnaise and raisin sandwiches for us and himself. I remember them as being good.

I don't know if there are any really weird things I eat now. Hmm. I had yogurt with peanut butter captain crunch, strawberries, coconut and chocolate chips on top the other day. That was a bowl of love!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    Camille's Napa Valley Chicken Panini, Plus a scoop of Apple-Walnut Tuna Salad, Plus 2 slices of cheddar cheese. I used to work for a Camille's way back when, and this is what i would eat for dinner on days when i skipped lunch. i wasn't allowed to eat it in the restaurant; i had to take it out back and eat next to the dumpster so i wouldn't make my coworkers sick. i didn't care. best hot sandwich EVER!
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    mix ketsup and mayo together and dip my fries in it...Man I really miss that on my diet:(
  • mamabear0222
    Options
    o and speaking of hotdogs, i like green olives on mine... don't like a hotdog without green olives

Im with you on that one!!!!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    When I was a kid I loved pear halves (you know, the kind out of a can that are about 98% sugar) with mayo and shredded cheese. Now I'm hungry..
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    Options
    I grew up using cottage cheese a dip for Ruffles bbq potato chips...it's had to be Ruffles brand cause the other just didn't take the same and the cottage cheese had to be bordan's

I grew up dipping potato chips in cottage cheese too!!! - I still do this sometimes but with baked ruffles & low-fat cottage cheese. =0)
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    mix ketsup and mayo together and dip my fries in it...Man I really miss that on my diet:(

not weird lol