48 lbs gone, 44 to go! Here's to the new me!! (Pics included

Options
2»

Replies

• maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Can I use you as my motivation?! I'm the same height, I had a similar starting weight, and have a similar end goal! I've been really struggling lately with motivation for all of this ("I'm NEVER going to lose the rest of this weight!") but seeing someone that started in the same "boat" as me and succeeding definitely shows me that I can do it too! Thank you for sharing your story and the pictures! Please remember to update us when you get to your goal! :)

p.s. you look AWESOME!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Get it girl!!!
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    When I was younger, such as middle school, I was always a “big” girl. I can remember gym glass when we were “weighing in” and my gym teacher shouted out everyone’s weight, I was in the 7th grade and weighing in the 200 lbs range. When we shouted out my weight, I was so embarrassed. I tried to lose weight, but gave up because I was still a kid. Once I got a job, I was able to drop from about 210 lbs down to 140 lbs, which is when I met my husband.

We were together in 2003 and in 2004 I had our baby girl. Shortly after having her, I realized I needed to lose my weight all over, because I was back to 222 lbs and having troubles breathing and just doing the simple things in life. I was good for drinking TONS of soda, eating all the junk foods (chocolate, chips, cakes, brownies, etc). I wasn’t happy with how I looked and wanted to change it, especially since me and my husband wanted more kids. I tried and had a hard time losing my weight.

Here is my husband and I Jan. 1, 2008 still weighing 222 lbs and I’m 5’3”.

Jan12008-222lbs.jpg

In March 2009, I joined MFP and for the past 2 years, I’ve been working my butt off to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (140 lbs). In Sept. 2009, I found out I was pregnant with our son. My weight in September was between 190-185 lbs. Our son was born April 30, 2010, and I was weighing around 184 lbs (My OB dr had told me in the beginning of my pregnancy I would lose weight, which had no harm on our baby boy, but it was because I was not at my “ideal” body weight).

WeightLoss09-11.jpg

After my pregnancy, I continued my weight lost. I’ve had good days and bad days. But for right now, I’ve maintained my body weight. I’m currently sitting at 174 lbs and I only have 34 lbs to go to meet my pre-pregnancy weight! It’s been a long journey, but I have finally gotten my life together and getting closer to my goal. Back then I was in a size 20 jeans (the heaviest I’ve ever been in!) and right now I’m in a size 16. I’m hoping to get down at least a 14 (again, which was pre-pregnancy) or possibly a 12 (I’ve never seen!).

April102011-174lbs.jpg

Lookin' Good! Great work!

You are amazing! Just proves when you put your mind to something, you really can do it. Did you just use MFP to do this along with exercise? I'm amazed, you look fab! :D Keep it up, the last 34lbs will seem like a breeze with how far you have come :)
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I started at 222 and am 5'3" too. I currently weigh 178. So our stories are very much the same. I am very happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!