Rant: Is it just me?

Options
2»

Replies

• bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I got the humor

Sometimes we need to laugh at our own lifestyle (diets) and the silly things we do and say. So in defense of my fellow man let's give him a break.

PS
    razbo
    Are pork rhines less fattening than a salad? huh? lol
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    MY pet peeve = When you LOSE (l-o-s-e) weight your pants become LOOSE (l-o-o-s-e).

One does NOT "LOOSE" weight. "Loose" is an adjective. "LOSE" is a verb. Thanks. I needed that.

lol This one irks me as well...seems to be a very common misspelling...also, pronouncing "nuclear" as "nuke-u-lar" :laugh:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options

roflmao….
    Years ago I worked at a little neighborhood market. We had one lady that came in every day and bought ALL the pork rinds that were on the shelf. She told us she was on the WW diet. What she was doing was crushing the pork rinds and coating her chicken with that and then frying it. :noway:
    BTW….she never lost a thing. I wonder why....
    :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    razbo
    [/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I understood your meaning my husband is very much like that. He doesn't intend to be that way it just comes out humorous or not. But I was worried not everyone would be as understanding and may not feel comfortable with posting anymore. That would be a loss to us all.

No Worries:bigsmile:
    Eve
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Actually... this post has been quite amusing. I'm smiling right now reading everyone's comments. And I love to blame things on PMS because it really does change some women into raving maniacs... voila! elle frankensteinette is moi! Sorry, French personnes, just massacred your language.:bigsmile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My perspective here is that those of us who do a lot of research and work really hard at something get frustrated with those who do not. We need to vent that frustration, but unfortunately may offend some along the way. Not everyone has the time or knowledge of where to look, so God forbid, they use these posts to get answers! :tongue:

I think there are a lot of amazing people here, and I realize that having a background in sports medicine qualifies me as an expert on many posts. I don't hesitate to provide my two-cents, but realize that I may seem annoying to others. I feel that posting is, as previoulsy mentioned, an opportunity to hear it from another. i.e. I know I am overweight. I know for a long time I didn't do anything about it except complain. One day my husband said, "quit complaining and do something about it!" (Yeah, it's a good thing I really love him :laugh: ). My point is, sometimes we need to hear /read what we already know. So to those of you who think a post is less than challenging, chime in and help out. Eveyone else, post away :happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,986 Member
    Options
    MY pet peeve = When you LOSE (l-o-s-e) weight your pants become LOOSE (l-o-o-s-e).

One does NOT "LOOSE" weight. "Loose" is an adjective. "LOSE" is a verb. Thanks. I needed that.

lol This one irks me as well...seems to be a very common misspelling...also, pronouncing "nuclear" as "nuke-u-lar" :laugh:

Oh, lord. At the risk of being put out to sea with Razbo - and yes, I know he uses two "o"'s in his name. He gave a rather lengthy (a-hem) explanation of his screen name once - in which he wanted to use one O and it was taken - yadda yadda :wink: We still :love: u, Raz.

Only Texans seem to think pork rinds are good for them, and if they are Republican (and President), cannot pronounce the majority of the words with more than two syllables....like "nuke-you-ler".

Only 411 more days. For the exact countdown see:

http://www.bushtimer.com/?gclid=CMbihYjxkJACFQUngwodFAM-_w

Bring it.

cm
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Oh Raz just vent all you want:bigsmile: thats what part of this site is all about. :wink:
  • alymarest
    Options
    I think all of these posts are so FUNNY!!! :laugh: It realy lightened up my night!
    thanks guys...
    :wink: