OT: Olympics

Options
Anyone else really sleepy with me?? I've been staying up the past few nights watching the olympics (love the swimming and gymnastics).... I'm Sooooooooooo tired... :yawn:

Replies

• petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Anyone else really sleepy with me?? I've been staying up the past few nights watching the olympics (love the swimming and gymnastics).... I'm Sooooooooooo tired... :yawn:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I hear that. Phelps is a machine!
  • petunia
    Options
    He's amazing... it's almost (but not really) kinda sad for the other swimmers... :laugh:

They should just give him the medals now... save everyone the effort...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the track & field!!!!! But yeah, Phelps is amazing!! :drinker:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    So totally true!!

I'm watching gymnastics at the moment!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Ya...DH and I were laughing our butts off eating our smores...I looked at him and said that I was too tired to go running last night. He looked at the TV and then me and said, "Have another!"

I was so loopy, tired, and done. LOL
  • petunia
    Options
    So totally true!!

totally nerve wracking... do we burn calories while cheering on our teams??? wonder how many calories that burns???? :laugh:
  • maggierex
    Options
    i'm addicted to watching it!! and i am losing a lot of sleep thanks to the olympics.. isn't that bad for weight loss:sad:? phelps is out of control. i will be sad when swimming is done:wink:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    So totally true!!

totally nerve wracking... do we burn calories while cheering on our teams??? wonder how many calories that burns???? :laugh:

haha it is very nerve wracking!!!! The Chinese are on the bars now!....er....

I like the chart as well! The tiny girl looks like she is 8, but she is really good on the bars.
  • maggierex
    Options
    whoa!! phelps and crew just kicked major butt!!:noway: those other teams didn't stand a chance!
  • petunia
    Options
    oooohhhh... looks like they've moved to the beam and China is making mistakes!!

hopefully the US girls will have a rock star performance on beam like they did in the prelims...

GO USA!!

and how about that relay by the guys.... WHOOOOOO!! Phelps is incredible...
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Go to the same site as the female gymnasts and look for the part about Phelps.....amazing!!!:noway:

Wouldn't want to try to buy him a shirt for Christmas....but watching him IS AMAZING!!!!!

GO USA:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    EZ
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm there with y'all! :yawn: But the men's relay team was awesome - they just left everyone in the proverbial dust.

It definitely is "interesting" to look at the Chinese gymnasts compared to the Americans. The Americans have all clearly hit puberty (except maybe Shawn Johnson - she's tiny), and at least half the Chinese team are just NOT there yet. :laugh:

Oh no, Alicia Sacramore just fell off the beam! But the rest of her routine was solid. Poor girl. :cry:
  • maggierex
    Options
    beam is not doing so well:frown:
  • petunia
    Options
    ugh... I'm sick at my stomach.... :sick:

feel so bad for Alicia.... but the other two did really well....

they're behind by one point....
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Oh, the poor thing fell again on floor. She looks absolutely crushed. :brokenheart:
  • maggierex
    Options
    not a good night for alicia:frown:
  • petunia
    Options
    oh well... I guess Silver isn't anything to sneeze at!

That poor girl is going to beat herself up for ever... I don't know how she kept her composure and didn't cry... those darn cameras... they should leave her alone...
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I'm glad they only happen every four years. I L:heart:VE the olympics.
    gymnastics
    beach volleyball
    diving
    swimming

It's amazing I can get any work done:wink:
    It also really revs me up to go workout.