Are the Cadbury Eggs calling your name too?

Options
Jenlynphi
Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
I love candy! All kinds of candy, but especially Easter candy. I have been sooooooo good staying away from the candy but it is a daily struggle staying away from those blasted Cadbury creme eggs! I am trying to stay out of the stores until Easter is over. Anyone else tempted during this holiday?

Replies

• mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The peanut butter eggs tried to jump into my cart at the grocery store!
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I LOVE candy but I hadn't had the egg in 5 years tried it the other day and it was WAY too sweet. If you have it in you to splurge then have one. IMO it isnt worth it
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    the place i started working at last week had a mini easter hunt for us thursday morning. there was a treat for each of us, either a solid chocolate bunny or a bag of cadbury mini eggs. i chose the mini eggs over the bunny, less cals, but i will eat them, and enjoy them. what's the point in being helthy if you can't have treats? lol
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I say eat one. Easter comes just once a year.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo tempted by all the candy floating around now that it's Easter. Not really looking foward to Halloween!!
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of Starburst Jelly Beans - I havent opened yet. Once it is open I eat handful at a time until gone.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    The worst are those cadburry mini eggs, we call them crack eggs in my house.
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This holiday is the worst for me for candy too. But my problem isn't cadbury eggs, it's jelly beans!!! OMG, my favorite candy ever. Those reese's eggs are pretty good too! And ever since valentine's day was over I've been seeing them in every single sale ad!
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am totally in the same boat! I absolutely LOVE Easter candy. I have actually bought some, but have not eaten any of it...so far. I made little Easter baskets for my husband's co-workers and will put a little in my son's Easter basket, and then I plan on trying my hardest to make the rest last as long as possible. I figure if I just have a little as a treat every now and then, I can enjoy some of my favorite kinds of candy and make it last a while.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The bi-mart near me started getting carrying Cadbury eggs in mid-January. My husband and I were so excited that we made about half a dozen trips there during that month JUST to stock up on the eggs (buying 6 eggs each time...which is really only 3 each). The bad news is we probably ate 100,000 calories worth of Cadbury creme eggs for the year. The good news is I got all of my desire for them out of the way and now I could take them or leave them. I think I'll leave them. :-)
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    gigglin, that reminds me, they gave out little samples of the reese's peanut butter egg at wal-mart today. like I needed to sample it, like i have never tasted it, yeah right! anywho.. i forgot to log it! lol
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No, but pastries are! I just discovered the most amazing Sicilian bakery a few miles from my house - it has ricotta pie to die for. Fluffy, sweet, smooth. It's like nothing I've ever tasted. I'm picking one up for our family dinner on Sunday - it's going to be SO hard to just have a taste and not like...half the pie.
  • CrankyButt
    Options
    I LOVE candy but I hadn't had the egg in 5 years tried it the other day and it was WAY too sweet. If you have it in you to splurge then have one. IMO it isnt worth it

I totally agree! We had an egg hunt at work too. Some eggs had cash prizes, but I ended up with nothing but candy. :angry:

I ate some and it was so sugary I felt almost sick afterwards. It's just the dark stuff for me from now on.
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chocolate,Chocolate,Chocolate!!! Everywhere!!!......I gave up eating sugary foods because it is my number one downfall!! And of course as I am prepping the kids's Easter baskets I had to purchase some.... I caved and had 4 pieces today but I did count the calories for them...and it is disgusting how much calories is in one piece...it ended up being around 500 calories and a million fat grams!! My plan is to have them eat up quickly or TOSS it.... My plan for Easter.....Although I probably won't have time for working out...Run, Run, Run and chase the kids outside during their Easter hunt....I'm going to try and get the family moving on a hike right after Easter dinner...why of course, I will not be pigging out but I am sure I will still be over calorie count :) After Sunday night...TOSS IT....(or like I did after Halloween, I put all the "tempting" choices in a Ziploc baggy and put it downstairs on the table (basement)...I knew if I had to walk ALL the way downstairs I wouldn't do it, but if it were laying on the counter I would dig right in!!)
  • Faith2FeelFabulous
    Faith2FeelFabulous Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cadbury eggs and the reeses eggs are my favorite. I use to freeze them a bit and eat. I have successfully stayed away from both this year. Usually I would eat a 6pack of both around the easter holidays. (not all in one day)...LOL tooo rich!
  • CherryteaMT
    Options
    YES~!! especially when i have kids who need easter basket candy!
  • aml31
    aml31 Posts: 57
    Options
    I like the cadbury eggs, but they seemed better when i was a kid. dont know if they changed or just my tastes changed. But I sure would love to have those Reeses eggs. OMG, the eggs are so fat and filled w/ yummy reese p-nut butter and I sooooo love and miss those!! :(
  • Brianne298
    Options
    The mini cream eggs are 40 calories each. Just sayin ;)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I was just whining about that yesterday! I love those durn things!! Why did I decide to go on a diet BEFORE Easter?? :sad: lol
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I am going to have my Cadbury creme egg but I am going to wait until Easter day. If I get my "fix", I may not try to rob my kid's baskets the rest of the day. hahaha