Who Hates Clowns?

Options

Replies

• Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My dad used to tell me when I was a kid that our family was gypsies and circus folk. So I wanted to be a clown, then I met the local Bozo in my town and he was a jerk. Btw my dad wasn't completely lying it turns out my family is related to Sir Thomas Barnum.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :frown: The clown from Poltergeist. :frown:

I was ten. It was the last movie to scare me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :explode:

HATE clowns.. they just plain creep me out.. Stephen King's "It" didn't help either...
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Can't stand em! Stephen King's IT combined my two biggest fears...spiders and clowns. Both are horrible!

Exactly! I was visiting my moms house last Saturday and she had the nerve to pop the IT dvd in. I looked at her and was like "you could have just told me to leave" lol
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Why do they even have clowns when they creep everyone out?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

Good question.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Good question.

heres one reason...

zombieland_zombie_clown.jpg
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Anyone see the episode of Bones when Booth shot the mechanical clown? Hilarious!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

Good question.

heres one reason...

zombieland_zombie_clown.jpg

What the HELL is wrong with you? Are you trying to make people cry?
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    Can't stand em! Stephen King's IT combined my two biggest fears...spiders and clowns. Both are horrible!

oh my gosh me to I had to force myself to watch all of it
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Actually I am scared of Clowns, Mimes and most Street Buskers.

The exceptions include Krusty the Clown and Mummenschanz.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well I don't go as far as saying I hate them....but I do find them creepy....& Stephen King's " It " really did it for me the most..:noway:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My mom is a professional clown. In my opinion she does a great job. She never pushes herself onto kids or adults that are afraid of clowns. I have never been afraid of clowns but I can see how some people are.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    The movie "Killer Clowns from Outer Space". Enough said..............
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    i hate clowns. like seriously the old classic hobo clowns from the early 19th century gave me nightmares as a little girl.
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ugh, im not so much afraid of them, i just really dont like them, for me it was killer clowns from outer space that did it, and the "everybody loves a clown" episode of Supernatural no thank you.

i work at a Mcdonalds and one day a guy came in all dressed up like a clown and i was like oh hell no, i went on break so i could go away.

there is a reason there are no "Bobo the friendly clown" movies; they are not friendly
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love Harlequin clowns! There's something so vintage about them!

yes, they are chill. makes me think of batman, only cool clowns are Joker and Harley-Quinn
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    i hate clowns too. I don't think they're funny at all. I never laugh at them. The only ones who were remotely funny were the ones in this show "O" by Cirque de Soleil in Las Vegas.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    My mom is a professional clown. In my opinion she does a great job. She never pushes herself onto kids or adults that are afraid of clowns. I have never been afraid of clowns but I can see how some people are.

oh gosh, I feel bad about what I said and just wanted to clarify that the one time I saw a Clown and wasn't scared was when I saw a tired Clown in costume headed home after a gig get swarmed by random children on the street. The off-duty Clown didn't want to disappoint the kids and made some balloon animals for them.
    Regardless of my personal phobias, I would assume the Clowning profession attracts some of the most kind-hearted people w./ the best humor! :flowerforyou: