I am scared of sagging Skin once I lose weight! Any advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    1. Lose the weight in a slow and healthy fashion. Since you have a lot to lose, it may come of fairly quickly at first. But after the first month or so, aim for no more than 2 pounds a week. This will give you skin more time to adjust to the gradual changes.
    2. Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water will help keep your skin moisturized and therefore more elastic.
    3. Moisturize from the outside. Find a moisturizing or firming lotion that you like and use it at least once a day. (I've really been amazed at how much this one helps.)
    4. Do strength exercises to build muscle. This isn't to bulk up, but to strengthen and tone your muscles so that they are nice and firm and smooth beneath your skin.

Exactly my thoughts and totally worth quoting again.

Another thing you might do is spend some time in the sauna regularly. The heat and sweating helps wake up your skin and purge toxins. Immediately after, I always wash my face with cool water and wipe off my limbs with a cool damp towel; my pores feel cleared and the skin is firm. You do need to make sure you drink extra water (before, during and after sauna).
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    It has taken a while but my loose skin is starting to firm up & if it doesn't? It's way easier to hide in clothing than excess fat :) I have a great loose skin FAQ in my blog!