Ladies: Hair and Nails

Options
2»

Replies

• Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You could probably find a multivitamin specifically directed at hair and nails? I've seen those around.

As to hair, I looove moroccan oil. My sister bought it for me recently. I have coarse/wiry, wavy hair tending to be dry and frizzy, but this stuff makes it so soft and shiny.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    When I lost my first 40 pounds I had a REALLY tough time in the hair department. My hair literally started falling out in the shower & I freaked out. I never had a problem with it drying out, however, so this may not apply to you but I went straight to a Health Food store in my town and purchased Biotin. It's a Vitamin that is excellent for hair growth and strengthening. I also started using Mane N Tail Shampoo & Conditioner to replenish my hair. Have you talked to your stylist about this? She/he might be able to make some suggestions. If not I'd try a Health Food store & see what kind of vitamins you could possibly take. We tend to lose a lot of nutrients by eating fewer calories and working out so often, so various vitamins can help replace what we lose. I hope this helps a little!

I agree. If you have a GNC look for GNC 5000 or a Vitamin for the hair, skin, nails. The active ingredient is Biotin. Mane n Tail shampoo is excellent. Also look for a thermal shine to use while blow drying. It has silicones in it instead of protroleum so it doesn't leave your hair greasy.

When exercising wear your hair in a high pony tail, braid it to the end and pin it up in a ball. When you get home leave it up while you shower and let your body cool down fully. When you are no longer breaking a sweat, mist your hair with the thermal shine and use your blow dryer on a cool setting and dry your roots.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    my daughter is bi-racial and plays volleyball and basketball...she washes her hair twice a week during the seasons...and while playing she wears her hair in a ponytail too, but she usually wears a headband as well...seems to keep the edges from getting frizzy and seems to absorb a lot of the sweat...might try that too

my AA girlfriend works out a ton...and she wraps her head...but I think she leaves it wrapped for a while after her workout to let it dry while still laying flat (I will double check with her on the details)
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    When I lost my first 40 pounds I had a REALLY tough time in the hair department. My hair literally started falling out in the shower & I freaked out. I never had a problem with it drying out, however, so this may not apply to you but I went straight to a Health Food store in my town and purchased Biotin. It's a Vitamin that is excellent for hair growth and strengthening. I also started using Mane N Tail Shampoo & Conditioner to replenish my hair. Have you talked to your stylist about this? She/he might be able to make some suggestions. If not I'd try a Health Food store & see what kind of vitamins you could possibly take. We tend to lose a lot of nutrients by eating fewer calories and working out so often, so various vitamins can help replace what we lose. I hope this helps a little!

I agree. If you have a GNC look for GNC 5000 or a Vitamin for the hair, skin, nails. The active ingredient is Biotin. Mane n Tail shampoo is excellent. Also look for a thermal shine to use while blow drying. It has silicones in it instead of protroleum so it doesn't leave your hair greasy.

When exercising wear your hair in a high pony tail, braid it to the end and pin it up in a ball. When you get home leave it up while you shower and let your body cool down fully. When you are no longer breaking a sweat, mist your hair with the thermal shine and use your blow dryer on a cool setting and dry your roots.

very helpful, thank you:))
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    my daughter is bi-racial and plays volleyball and basketball...she washes her hair twice a week during the seasons...and while playing she wears her hair in a ponytail too, but she usually wears a headband as well...seems to keep the edges from getting frizzy and seems to absorb a lot of the sweat...might try that too

my AA girlfriend works out a ton...and she wraps her head...but I think she leaves it wrapped for a while after her workout to let it dry while still laying flat (I will double check with her on the details)
    [/quote

thanks a lot!!! I will get a head band:))