TLT (The Last 10) ????

Options
Anyone interested in starting a group for those of us struggling with a 10ish lb weight loss. I think it gets a little trickier with the last 10 or so. I know I am struggling. I have never been so public (even though it is on the internet) to a group before about my weight and my ups and downs with it. Of course anyone is welcome to join- it doesnt have to be exactly 10 lbs and maintainers are welcome as well!

I think this is helpful for me, but I also would love some fellow strugglers to join me and help all of us keep with it to get these "slow to go" pounds off in a healthy way. I am trying this time to do it in a healthy, sustainable way. Anyone interested??

Maybe weigh in will be less frequent and more frequent would be changing up your routine, eating more veggies, whatever you want some goals to be. But my ticker is stuck and if it showed the truth it would be getting longer on the left side of the page!! (you HAVE to keep a sense of humor about all this right??)

Replies

• mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Anyone interested in starting a group for those of us struggling with a 10ish lb weight loss. I think it gets a little trickier with the last 10 or so. I know I am struggling. I have never been so public (even though it is on the internet) to a group before about my weight and my ups and downs with it. Of course anyone is welcome to join- it doesnt have to be exactly 10 lbs and maintainers are welcome as well!

I think this is helpful for me, but I also would love some fellow strugglers to join me and help all of us keep with it to get these "slow to go" pounds off in a healthy way. I am trying this time to do it in a healthy, sustainable way. Anyone interested??

Maybe weigh in will be less frequent and more frequent would be changing up your routine, eating more veggies, whatever you want some goals to be. But my ticker is stuck and if it showed the truth it would be getting longer on the left side of the page!! (you HAVE to keep a sense of humor about all this right??)
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    oh yay you beat me to it!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    hi, i am emily, and i cant shake the last ten!

i work out alot, and know that i have gained muscle, but i am struggling with the belly fat area, and i know you cant target areas...but i sure wish you could!!

My routine as of now is lots of cardio (zumba zumba, i love zumba!) and pilates with some strength training and weights thrown in there...

i tend to be under my calories alot of the time, which i know has hurt me, so maybe this group will be the push i need to get my calories in order so i am not going to bed with 600-800 calories left over.

Hi All!
  • cvanvick
    cvanvick Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm in!! I think I need to take my goals a little more public so that I can be held more accountable. I've got about 8-10 pounds that have been sticking around way too long. I workout 6-7 days a week, mainly cardio (i love to run) but I try to do some strength training too. For the majority of days I stay within my calorie goal, but I know that I am choosing the wrong types of foods. I hope that this group can help me stop my late night snacking and cut out refined carbs while increasing my protein, so that I can get rid of these last few pounds once and for all in a healthy way. yay! let's do this!!
  • cvanvick
    Options
    oh by the way, my name is Chelsea :happy:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Wow- I am sooo happy to have some people in the same boat with me. No one I interact with face to face even knows about my goals or that I am working on this last 10.

I also exercise 6-7 times a week- sometimes in the morning and after work. I am trying to make this a healthy lifestyle I can maintain and still have a life. I run, hike, walk some hills, just started logging and switching up my strength training 3 times a week and I love yoga as well.

I am trying to eat several small meals a day and am aiming for 1300 cal and then my exercise cal as well. Sometimes I feel like I am eating ALOT even though I am staying within cal. I try to eat lots of veggies, low fat protein and I drink a lot of green tea and yerbe matte.

Let's do this!!!

Tonight I will run for 45 min and maybe do yoga afterwards- depending on how spent I feel.
    Tomorrow AM- gym cardio and weight. PM- probably nothing because it is my birthday!
    Sat- Hike
    Sun- yoga class- maybe short hike

My name is Melissa
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    happy early birthday M!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not ladies. I'm in the same boat. I hope nobody minds a guy in this group. I'll admit that while I'm about 5 to 10 lbs away from society's idea of ideal, I don't really care that much, but I would like to (like emily) lose the last little bit of belly fat that's covering my (much improved) abs. I see glimpses of the abs now, and it's torture. I've been at this place for about 3 months now(by that I mean, the belly fat place), and while it's getting better, it's FRIGGIN slow! Everywhere else is great, my shoulders and obliques are rocks now, my arms are great, my thighs are shaping up nice, and my calves (for the first time since college football) are again grapefruits! But that damn belly fat just won't leave. It drives me nuts! anyway, I'm hoping that I can get that extra little shove to get rid of that last few stubborn fat spots!
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    Happy early Birthday mlillie!!!!

My name is Liz, and I'm also having trouble shedding those last 10 stickies. I'm very glad you started this and perhaps this will help all of us!! My current workout is 6 days a week, and varies from cardio, walking,bike riding, dancing, and pilates. I do some strength training in between for about 30-40minutes every other day.
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    Glad to have ya banks!!!!!! And yeah, that belly fat is very stubborn! If you find something that works, let me know....When I walk, i try to squeeze my abs for about 10 seconds every 5 minutes. It seems to help a bit, but not as much as i had hoped.:grumble:
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am in, but I can not start exercising untill school starts because my residents are moving in and I am not allowed to leave the building :( ..
    I am also 5'7.5 and I weigh around 135ish now
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    i also wanna lose the last ten!!!!!!!
    i am 5'6 135 (gained 7!)
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
    goodbye last stubborn ten! gosh!
    lets weigh in with each other once a week?
  • GB_Packer_Princess
    Options
    I'm in! I have been exercising, dieting and using MFP for about 5 months now and I am pretty much at a stand still for the past 2 months. I only have about 5-8 more pounds to go and I am trying to be extremely motivated lately or else I know I will just give up.

Good Luck Everyone!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Can I be in? I have 14 to lose though.......:grumble:
  • muskratface
    muskratface Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too!
    6 lbs down, 7 to go!

mlillie, I am starting to wish that I hadn't told any of my face-to-face friendlies about my goals, either. It seems really difficult to explain to anyone I know about my "lifestyle changes" without them reacting like I've got an eating disorder! It's really frusterating. I want to be proud of my healthy habits and the progress I've made. I took my grandpa out to dinner yesterday, and at least three times on the way he told me "You have to eat more than a salad tonight." Really? I practically live with him and eat plenty. (and lots more than salads!) It's just not the fried and fatty stuff that my family usually chows on, or at least smaller portions than anyone eats. (Definately not a health-conscious bunch! But I was in the same boat for the first 20 years of my life.)

I guess what I'm saying is SIGN ME UP! Everyone on here is so supportive and understands that the program isn't just some diet. It's healthy life changes!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I just upped my calories from 1200 to 1580 per day to lose only 0.5 lbs. per week (following advice from AJCM and Banks), but I doubt I'll lose it that fast. Even if I lose a pound a month or so, I'd be totally happy. I'm not really worried about how long the last ten pounds takes. I'm in the healthy range, in much better shape than six months ago, and eating much healthier than ever before. Even if I don't lose the last ten pounds ever, that's okay with me as long as I stay fit and healthy, but I do still have a little around my middle that I could stand to get rid of.:flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not ladies. I'm in the same boat. I hope nobody minds a guy in this group. I'll admit that while I'm about 5 to 10 lbs away from society's idea of ideal, I don't really care that much, but I would like to (like emily) lose the last little bit of belly fat that's covering my (much improved) abs. I see glimpses of the abs now, and it's torture. I've been at this place for about 3 months now(by that I mean, the belly fat place), and while it's getting better, it's FRIGGIN slow! Everywhere else is great, my shoulders and obliques are rocks now, my arms are great, my thighs are shaping up nice, and my calves (for the first time since college football) are again grapefruits! But that damn belly fat just won't leave. It drives me nuts! anyway, I'm hoping that I can get that extra little shove to get rid of that last few stubborn fat spots!

Banks,

You are exactly where my husband was when I started MFP. He was in great shape, but with that little bit of extra he wanted to lose on his belly. He's 6'2" and at the time weighed about 182. Anyway, since I joined MFP, we've both been working out more and eating healthier. Now five months later, I'm at the point he started at (with the ten or so pounds to lose and the "somewhat" visible abs), and he's now at 173 and his belly fat is gone! So if somebody told you that six months from now, you'd be where you want to be, you'd probably say "Cool, I'll take it!" That's how I'm trying to look at it.

Good luck, I know you'll get there with everything you are doing.

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Banks,

You are exactly where my husband was when I started MFP. He was in great shape, but with that little bit of extra he wanted to lose on his belly. He's 6'2" and at the time weighed about 182. Anyway, since I joined MFP, we've both been working out more and eating healthier. Now five months later, I'm at the point he started at (with the ten or so pounds to lose and the "somewhat" visible abs), and he's now at 173 and his belly fat is gone! So if somebody told you that six months from now, you'd be where you want to be, you'd probably say "Cool, I'll take it!" That's how I'm trying to look at it.

Good luck, I know you'll get there with everything you are doing.

Terry:flowerforyou:

you bet your *kitten* I'd take it. :laugh:

And that's what I'm counting on. It's tougher for me in the summer, wife wants to be out and about (drinking beers) every day of the week, and I can't really blame her with how the winters have been here lately. But when the fall and winter roll around, the partying will slow, and I'll be able to countermand those horrible alcohol calories a bit.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    I'm in too. I just upped my calories from 1200 to 1580 per day to lose only 0.5 lbs. per week (following advice from AJCM and Banks), but I doubt I'll lose it that fast. Even if I lose a pound a month or so, I'd be totally happy. I'm not really worried about how long the last ten pounds takes. I'm in the healthy range, in much better shape than six months ago, and eating much healthier than ever before. Even if I don't lose the last ten pounds ever, that's okay with me as long as I stay fit and healthy, but I do still have a little around my middle that I could stand to get rid of.:flowerforyou:

what a great outlook!! it inspires me to try to feel a little bit happier with how far ive come! I am definitely healthier and more fit than 6 months ago, and now that the seed is planted, it can only get better, even if it takes me longer than i want to get there...at least im healthy now!

my main thing is sweets!!! i am a sugar aholic!! since starting the site, i have cut my soda down to 0, and (being from North Carolina) cut my sweet tea intake by about 75%... i tend to stay away from most high fructos corn syrup items, but i NEED ice cream more often than id care to share LOL... i usually try to at least make the desserts i eat at home so i can tell exactly how many cals and what is in them (mmm apple crisp!) but i grew up in a family (and town and state) that puts a sweet with every meal! I love cookies and brownies!!! Anyway...so thats my big roadblock at this point...
  • cvanvick
    Options
    I'm right there with ya Emily. Sweets are my downfall...and especially ice cream. I think if I cut out desserts altogether I'd probably drop these 10 pounds in no time. Of course, if I tell myself I can't have them, then I just want them even more! I'm hoping that when I leave for school (next week) I'll do better because alot of the foods that I've over indulged in over the summer won't be so readily available (and my mom won't be there trying to constantly feed me haha).