I want to quit!

Options
2»

Replies

• TheDeviation
    Options
    Maybe I'm being a little harsh here, but if you give up now you weren't committed to this in the first place. You didn't gain the unwanted weight overnight. You won't lose it overnight either. You have to commit to this!
    I gave up the scale for lent, tracked almost everday (slacked off the last 2 weeks in tracking but didn't go crazy eating) and I just got on the scale and gained 4.5lbs...
    Of all the BAD things to give up, the scale is what you chose? Hmm.
    The truth was I was not being totally honest with my food and was not making the best food choices.
    This is probably what the OP was doing. You HAVE to be honest and track EVERYTHING. Otherwise you're just cheating yourself.

I say all this as someone who has been on and off again many times in the past. You really have to WANT this. Don't give up. See your Dr. and get back on the wagon! :smile:
  • ChrisR0128
    Options
    I try to remember I did not gain this weight over night, why should I lose it overnight. I had to train my body to get into the bad eating habits, now i have to teach my body new healthy habits. If things are not working mix it up some. MFP gives me the tools, but it is up to me to do the work. Best of luck, hang in there!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Stick with it friend! You definitely sound like you are not happy where you are, and quiting would only hurt you! When I started, I tried to focus on one thing at a time, so I would not feel overwhelmed. If logging your food is something you are struggling with, just focus on that for 2 entire weeks. Be really honest with yourself about what you put in your mouth. Just doing that will help you get a handle on calorie intake. (even if you go over your calorie goal, logging helps you stop before it gets out of hand.)

then once you do that for 2 weeks, you can pick your next goal to focus on. Could be staying under your calorie goal consistently, or could be at least 20 mins of exercise at day or could be getting your water in every day. Then celebrate all your successes, not just the ones on the scale.

You want to do this and you want to succeed! I hear it in your email and the frustration in your tone. Don't give up and we won't give up on your either!!:flowerforyou:
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone:flowerforyou: ! I gave up the scale because I was getting on too much (2 and 3 times a day). I have been exercising more this chapter of my life then I ever have before... but still nothing compared to some people on here! I was quite accurate in my tracking (again, not the last 2 weeks). I just need to refocus! I am going to call the dr...what can it hurt and see what they think about my diary. Thanks again! I just needed to VENT! :sad: I will be going for my 2 mile walk today and drinking a lot of water... hoping tomorrow is a better day!
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You are not too harsh! However just and FYI..Lent is not about giving up something "BAD", It's about giving up something that is HARD for you to give up :)
    Maybe I'm being a little harsh here, but if you give up now you weren't committed to this in the first place. You didn't gain the unwanted weight overnight. You won't lose it overnight either. You have to commit to this!
    I gave up the scale for lent, tracked almost everday (slacked off the last 2 weeks in tracking but didn't go crazy eating) and I just got on the scale and gained 4.5lbs...
    Of all the BAD things to give up, the scale is what you chose? Hmm.
    The truth was I was not being totally honest with my food and was not making the best food choices.
    This is probably what the OP was doing. You HAVE to be honest and track EVERYTHING. Otherwise you're just cheating yourself.

I say all this as someone who has been on and off again many times in the past. You really have to WANT this. Don't give up. See your Dr. and get back on the wagon! :smile:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Dont give up. Take a look at your diary. I looked at it and saw bacon, milk duds, brownies...and its not that we cant eat these things but it shouldn't be everyday.

I would guess your under estimating your calorie intake. Get yourself a scale to measure your food on and try that for a few weeks. Also notl ogging on the weekends maybe where youre adding calories and dont realize it.

If you want results I'd take the diet part more seriously.
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    You are not too harsh! However just and FYI..Lent is not about giving up something "BAD", It's about giving up something that is HARD for you to give up :)
    Guess I never was much into religion. Either way, doesn't sound like it was a tough thing to give up.
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    Thanks everyone:flowerforyou: ! I gave up the scale because I was getting on too much (2 and 3 times a day).
    ONCE a week tops!