Biggest Weight Losers - Training Period

Options
I'm sure you know, the T.V. Show "Biggest Loser" will be starting Sept. 16, 2008...

I need to lose over 170lbs. I've started walking and will start adding workouts next week. My goal is to lose 50lbs. at the end of the show.

Are there any of you who would like to join me? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I'm sure you know, the T.V. Show "Biggest Loser" will be starting Sept. 16, 2008...

I need to lose over 170lbs. I've started walking and will start adding workouts next week. My goal is to lose 50lbs. at the end of the show.

Are there any of you who would like to join me? :flowerforyou:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Hoo-Yah!

Started a few months ago, well back in May? Off then on, then off then on...Finally figured out what I needed to do and the pounds are finally coming off!

The last season really inspired me, so hopefully with my new motivation this show will help even more.

I would say now that my real official start date was August 1st this year, and I am going to do it! I want to be at least down to 150 by December. Then in the new year I am going to re-enlist!

I am with ya! Can't wait for the show!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that show..... cant wait!!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    We did a biggest losers challenge with the last show and I personally liked it but after the show we all dropped off.

I like a challenge and I like competition so count me in, I have about 77 lbs to go and I need to get my butt in gear. Do you know how many shows there are going to be? That would help everyone come up with a realistic goal since I don't think any of us will be working out 5 hours a day like the people on the show (now we all know why they cry so much :wink: )
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Ok, I think it is 13 episodes (13 weeks) so that would give us all about 3 months of great results!
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Yeah, but didn't they up the anty and keep them there for 16 weeks on this last season? How long do they stay at home until the final show?

I guess I will have to look it up and see on the website....brb

Yup, it was for 12 weeks, but I think I remember them staying an extra few weeks after they went home for like a day or two or was it a week. My memory is going.
  • hopeful1
    hopeful1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am definately in! I hope that it will motivate me as well! Do you know what night it will be on? Good luck everyone.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love that show too. It's what inspired me last spring to get myself going. In fact, I was searching on Biggestloser.com, but didn't want to join because it cost money. That's when I found MFP, and that's how I got started here. If it wasn't for the show Biggest Loser, I never would've found MFP. I'm only ten pounds from my goal now, and I'm not in any hurry to lose the last amount (my loss has slowed down a lot the nearer I get to my goal), but I'll be watching the show and cheering everybody here on as I slowly inch toward the finish line myself.:flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    That was how I found mfp as well ... :) The show starts on Sept 16th, which will be on a Tuesday Evening. So, Let's all get prepared to kick butt, I for one want to at least be 50lbs lighter for Christmas.

Ok, So far these are the members who said they "were in"...

Pecksun8
    Nich0le
    Hopeful1

Remember this is our training period, so do your best.
    All Members ... Come Join Us!!!

Here's my Stats...

Weight starting Training Period: 307
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Ok, my starting weight 222 as of today. We might as well start, it will just give us a head start! Should we check in on Wednesday's after the show has aired?

Canelitas, you decide since you are the ring leader! :wink: I am game for anything!
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Sure, That's a great idea, I didn't think about that. :happy:

Weight-Ins can be either Tuesday Evening or Wednesday morning, which ever you perfer. I personally will be weight-in on Wednesday mornings. before breakfast. You can post your weight anytime during the week, I know some peoples schd. aren't that flexible.

Here is what I think would be good to post:

Starting Weight: ???

New Weight: ???
    Loss Weight: ???
    Difference of: ???

I was wondering, would you guys like to keep track of overall inches lost?
    If any of you have any ideas or suggestions as to what else we can add. Please, let us know!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am in also
    My starting weight is 297.
    Should we go ahead and start weighing in on Wed. now anyhow even though the show doesnt start until Sept.

Connie86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I am in also. I love that show. It is amazing what they can do! I know that they live and breathe exercise plus have a personal trainer on hand 24/7 but it is still amazing. So many of them have come out of it as a personal trainer or dietician. It shows that if you make that life style change then everything just follows!

I think we should get a head start now and weigh in each wednesday.

My starting weight is 195. My birthday is Dec 15th and I would like to be 45 pounds lighter. That is 16 1/2 weeks. It is 2.7 pounds per week and I am not sure that I can do that but I am still going to keep that as a goal for now. My ultimate goal is 135 to 140 by April of next year. My BFF is getting married and I have a gorgeous dress to fit into and look good in!

I think we should measure also because sometimes the scale wont move but the inches come off. It keeps the motivation going! I am not at home but will post my measurements with wednedays weigh in...
    We should also set a fitness goal for the week. For example, if you walked 3 miles in 45 minutes then make a goal to up your miles to 4 or complete your 3 miles in 40 minutes. It could also be as simple as adding sit ups or push ups to your weekly schedule. Or start a new exercise video. If you are working out 3 days a week then make it your goal to add 4 days per week....the list could go on and on!

You could even set a food goal. If you are having trouble giving up a certain food or beverage that you know is not good for you....if you are a soda drinker for example and need to cut back or cut out all together!

Good luck fellow Biggest Losers!!!
  • Canelitas
    Options
    On Tuesday morning, August 19th will be our official start date. From that Tuesday we will be a month ahead of the "BL Show". However, You are more than welcome to continue adding your stats here until then.

I'll post a new thread titled "Biggest Weight Losers Wk 1" and every week the number will change, and as Nich0le said we can chat and gossip about the show. Also to encourage each other on this journey. I'd like to include everyone's names...and stats, in the official post, So, If you haven't posted them, please do so, or if you haven't joined please do so, and let us know your stats.

How would you guys like to divide into teams? I think it would make it more of a challenge! Of course, it would depend on how many join, but we can start with 2, so far there are 8 of us. :happy:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Alright. Here goes...

I wasn't going to join in on this one. Sounds too scary for me, but you guys are making it sound like a lot of fun so count me in too!!

Honestly, I think this will be the first time I've ever watched the show from start to finish. Of course, I want to be realistic - there's no way I'm going to lose 50lbs. (what was it someone said? 2.7lbs. a week?) by Christmas. But I would be thrilled with 28lbs. Absolutely THRILLED.

My stats as of today are:

SW: 168
    1GW: 140 (for this challenge)
    2GW: 110 (by April 8, 2009 - my birthday)

So when are we going to do our first official weigh-in? Are we goig to wait until theirs?
  • Canelitas
    Options
    The official weight-in, will be on this Tuesday, August 19. Then the Weight-Ins will be every Wednesday.

Glad you took the risk in joining, lol :flowerforyou:

Edited to add more to previous post.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to bring this up near the top.
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I really want to do this too!

I need to do one of those charts for my fridge to remind me - as if looking in the mirror isnt' reminder enough!!
    burn 300 cal/day
    drink 8 water
    eat 5-10 fr and/or veggies/day
    read and understand daily meditation
    be grateful for one thing every day
    Sorry wandered off there thinking of how I can achieve this BL challenge goal.
    I'm looking to challenge myself to pay attention and lose 25 lbs during the life of the BL season
    will post weight tomorrow the 19th

heather
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Thanks Connie :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the group, Heather :flowerforyou:

I have 5 spreadsheets that I made, I believe they will help us keep track of our stats.
    These are the names...send me a message with your e-mail address with which one you want, you can have all.

- Daily Activity Log (Excersise and Weights)
    - Daily Walking Log (Walking)
    - Weekly Activity Log (Excersise, Weights and Walking)
    - Weekly Weight Loss (Progress Report)
    - Bi-Weekly Measurements (Body Measurements)
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    I actually have never watched the show :blushing:

But I am willing to take up the challenge.

What do we need to do?

My starting weight is 296. I have over 100lbs more to lose.