Pedometer challenge!

Options
Katrob9
Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
OK, so today is my first day of wearing my pedometer and I was wondering if anyone was interested in taking part in a pedometer challenge. I am hoping to hit at least 7000 steps a day. That's pretty good considering my job is administrative so I sit behind a desk all day.

Anyone in??

Replies

• ashade44
    ashade44 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'll join you!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested. Is it just for today, or long term?
  • Katrob9
    Options
    I think we should do it for a month to start with we could put our steps and calories burnt down each week to encourage each other. So, I'm aiming for 7000 per day which is 49,000 a week and 196,000 per month!
  • Improvised
    Options
    Cool, I'm up for that. I don't exercise AT ALL on Sunday (rest day, and I take it seriously, lol), but I'd like to try 8000 steps six days of the week. It shouldn't be too difficult, chasing after all my kids all the time.
    Thanks for posting, this is such a good idea!
    So I guess my monthly goal is approximately 192,000 steps.

Editing: Actually, I think 8000 daily is probably better to start out with, I'll ramp it up if I need to.
  • Improvised
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • Improvised
    Options
    Wow, it's almost 5 in the evening and I haven't even walked 4000 yet. Better take a long walk tonight! Lol.
  • Improvised
    Options
    Did it! 8000 steps! :)
  • Katrob9
    Options
    NIce job! Well done. I got in 8500 by dragging my fiance for a walk round the park when I hadn't hit my target by 7pm. We went for a walk in the park just by our house and we ended up walking nearly 3 miles by the time we got home!
  • Improvised
    Options
    Wow, that's great! :) I don't walk as much during the day as I thought I did, lol.
  • Improvised
    Options
    Soooo, I didn't do very well today. :( I didn't think being pregnant would make a difference, but my uterus was feeling sore by this evening. I'm only counting 6500 steps today. However, I'll be seeing my doctor tomorrow and see what he thinks. If he's cool with 8000 steps, then I'll be back at it.
    G'night!
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! My pedometer should be arriving by mail tomorrow and I'd like to start with 7000. My job differs between administrative and active (active is much less frequent though). But I need to get out there more often!
  • Improvised
    Options
    Hi, Sunitagt! Glad to have you join us. :) I love this challenge. It's been fun to try and fit walking in whenever I have time.
  • Improvised
    Options
    So, I'm going to the doctor's office soon, If he's cool with my current fitness level, I'll start wearing my pedometer again. Here's hoping everything works out!!!
  • Tabimiller417
    Tabimiller417 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I shall join! I aim for 7500 a day =] I just gotta remember to put it on 1st thing n the am! =]
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great to have new joiners! Bad news - I have a horrific cold which hit me worst yesterday - today I feel rough too so.. Monday 8973, Tuesday 7164 but yesterday only 5772. Boo! I feel like a bit of a failure for yesterday but am hoping to get back into gear and get that count up. :) I've been keeping an eye on the number of calories burned - it really makes walking everywhere seem much more attractive!

Good job everyone
  • Improvised
    Options
    I wouldn't feel bad, Katrob. I was lucky to get 4000 steps in yesterday. Bleh.

However, the weather is BEAUTIFUL today, so I'm hoping to get a lot of walking down today. :) I'll keep ya'll posted.
  • Improvised
    Options
    Weather has been gorgeous today, so the kids and I went on a HUGE walk. Feeling very optimistic about getting 8000 steps in by tonight.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My pedometer arrived in the mail today! Yay! So I will start tracking the rest of my day (not much left of it) and start full on tomorrow!
  • Improvised
    Options
    I got just over 10000 steps in today! SO excited! The weather was just too nice to stay indoors. Should sleep well tonight, lol.

Sunitagt, that's exciting. :)
  • sweetcakes1960
    Options
    I would love to join...is it to late? I will go to Sports Authority tomorrow and buy a new meter. Any suggestions what type. I will try for 7000 steps and work my way up, but I to do administrative work.