Tuna

Options
2»

Replies

• a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Tuna is great! I like the pouch better too, in water. The Pouch doesn't normally have any extra (eyes and scales) that sometime get into at least the cans I've bough the past few times. Lil bit of Light Mayo and garlic and you are set! Protein helps you stay fuller longer as well. Good snack.

Dang, eyes? Are you sure? Tuna are pretty big fish. Even skipjack, a smaller species, can grow to about a metre in length... which corresponds to a pretty big eye! Are you sure it wasn't a can of salmon? Those tend to have skin and bones inside them (which grossed me out to no end when I opened one for the first time).

Anyways, I like tuna, both packaged and fresh in sushi/sashimi...or a nice tuna steak.
    For canned tuna, I add some greek yogurt and a bit of low-fat whipped dressing, and some seasoning mixes (I like a three-onion mix that's technically for making dips, but goes great in tuna salad as well). Half the can prepared that way makes a nice, very very filling snack with some crackers, or a good small lunch with a low-cal wrap and some lettuce.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I often substitute canned salmon -- lower calories and tastes similar.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments! I love mfp!!! I post a question go for my walk and come back to a ton of awesome helpful comments. Thanks again!