What do you have for breakfast?

Options
megz4987
megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
I love egg whites (and veggies) but it's getting so old i'm starting to add cheese back into it and that's no good.

So what do you have for breakfast?

Replies

• angelarozmyn
    Options
    steel cut oatmeal with 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/8 cup dates, 1 tbsp walnuts. Delicious and keeps me full! Protein, fiber, carbs, and almost no sodium
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    Low sugar instant oatmeal is my fave. Only 4 sugars!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    5 egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal! i love egg whites too!
  • lorisiii
    lorisiii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast eater so I usually go fairly light, Gerbes (Kroeger) brand has a yogurt called CarbMasters, only 60 calories with and 8 grams of protein, I crumble one Nature Valley crunchy granola bar (2 in a package) and have a low calorie breakfast!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Low fat yoghurt or porridge. Porridge is definitely the most filling!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    On workout mornings I have oatmeal with brown sugar and blueberries and a Shakeology shake. Other mornings I just drink the Shakeology. I never used to eat breakfast before so this is a major accomplishment!
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Oatmeal...add some walnuts or fruit like blueberries or banana.
    Kashi Go Lean (1/2 cup) with 1/2 cup frozen Maine blueberries (the tiny ones:-) and 1/2 cup Chobani Greek yogurt...vanilla no fat. Very filling breakfast.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    2 egg whites and 1 regular egg, scrambled with grits & a little bit of RF shredded cheese is my favorite....when I don't have time I generally just make a fresh smoothie with chia seeds
  • jmminmn
    jmminmn Posts: 28
    Options
    I go with the egg whites - seasoned with pepper.
    I also have whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter and a tiny amount of honey.

Very filling, very tasty!
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters with a protein (chicken usually) (3 days a week)
    Smoothie (2 days a week)
    Protein Shake (2 days a week)

All at or under 300 calories
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I love egg whites scrambled on an english muffin with a slice of oscar meyer precooked canadian bacon.

Egg = 30
    English muffin = 120
    Canadian bacon = 30
    If I want to add a little bit of shreadded cheddar, I can since I only am eating 180 calorie breakfast sandwich
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that dislikes eating in the morning but I take a medication when I wake up that I have to have something to eat half an hour after I take it. It's really easy for me to drink a protein shake even when I don't feel like eating something, so that has been my go-to breakfast lately. At its simplest it's just protein powder, water, and ice blended together but adding thickeners like guar gum and xantham gum has really improved the texture and I'll add in some sugar free sweeteners/flavorings too. It's usually around 140 to 250 calories and leaves me full for several hours.
  • artvandalay
    Options
    Old fashioned (not instant) oatmeal with raisins & walnuts
    Kashi or Total cereal with 1% milk and 1/2 banana
    2 eggs with whole wheat toast
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person as my stomach gets upset if I eat too soon after waking up. So I normally have a Fiber One Key Lime Yogurt (SOOOOOO GOOD!!!) with a 1/4 cup of almonds. That will tide me over. My backup for when I sleep in too long is some Special K Sea Salt crackers. They are addictive.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Dorset cereals, Rude Health rice puffs or porridge. I need carbs in the morning!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I guess I won't be any help but I've been having an omelette with 1/3 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg, plus some ham, and 1/2 can no or low sodium pinto beans. Today and tomorrow though I will be having hard boiled eggs instead of an omelette because we dyed eggs for Easter :)

I USED to have fruit with yogurt but I've cut out fruit and dairy so that's a no-go anymore.
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit, so I have the same thing every morning. 2 eggs with spinach, mushroom & fat free shredded cheddar cheese. I usually have 2 pieces of turkey or canadian ham with it. I'll make a big pan of it at once (a dozen eggs) and portion it into 6 servings. I freeze what I'm not using within a day or so.
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Special K Vanilla almond and Special K Pecan are really delicious and pretty filling for 300 calories (1.5 cups with Skim Milk).

I am not a morning person and I usually eat my breakfast on my walk to the train. One breakfast I have found that is perfect on the run is a Nuture's Valley Sweet and Salty Nut bar.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    25% less sugar Quaker oatmeal. Quick and easy!
    Greek yougurt with 1/4 cup of grapenuts.
    Biggest loser breakfast sandwich
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I always have one over-easy jumbo cage free organic egg (yes I'm one of those people)
    and pair it with either:
    2 pieces of turkey sausage
    or
    a piece of rye bread with spray butter (both only 90 cal)

oh and I can't forget my coffee with fat free creamer. Must have my coffee!