Replies

• hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and a banana. And COFFEE!
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Seems like I'm one of the few who makes breakfast the most important meal of the day...my current breakfast includes:

40g of bran flakes and semi skimmed milk
    1 protein shake (26g of protein)
    Black Coffee

Either - One hard boiled egg sliced in toasted bap
    Or - Peanut butter and banana on a toasted bap

On average depending which of the toasted baps I go for I'm looking at 550-775 calories for breakfast.

This is by far my largest meal of the day. And is a nice change from my previous breakfast of 5 eggs (4whites one whole), two rashes of bacon, half a green and red pepper, two wholemeal slices of toast, black coffee, and a bowl of pineapple chunks :)
  • mkraemer91
    mkraemer91 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I'm at home I almost always have eggs and toast, and it gets pretty boring. I also have fruit for breakfast, so that's how I usually change it up. I alternate between different varieties of fruit. When it gets totally boring I like to treat myself to something different, like low fat nutrigrain waffles with sugar free syrup, or oatmeal with fresh fruit. Try something different every now and then it'll help keep you out of funks.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have Cheerios either chocolate or cinnamon burst with skim milk
    or..greek yogurt
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I hate breakfast. I always have. And since I take my thyroid pill first thing when I get up, having breakfast isn't something that I do anyways because of the medication.

So, I have my coffee and splurge with my skinny flavored cream. I am not giving that up, so I just add it to my calorie count for the day. I also normally have a snack and/or lunch a few hours later depending on what shift I am working at the hospital.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Almost every single day: 1 egg + 3 whites + 2 strips of natural turkey bacon + 1 slice of whole grain toast. Somehow I never get tired of it. I crave it.

On weekends, I'll often use more whole eggs and/or cheese.

Maybe you can try adding in different meats to keep you from getting bored. Like turkey bacon one day, canadian bacon the next....
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Cereal and Milk
    Egg and Cheese Sandwhich with sliced tomato
    Egg and Cheese Burrito
    Croissant
    Rice Cakes with PB
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    berry & yogurt smoothie

1 cup frozen mixed berries
    1 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk
    1 packet truvia
    1 tbsp organic cold ground flax seed
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Today for breakfasts I had:

At: 6:30 after Gym
    8 oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1 Scoop EAS Whey Protein

At 8:45 AM
    One Medium Fresh Banana
    Small Handful Dried Cranberries
    16 oz black coffee

At 10:20 AM
    Maple & Brown Sugar Weight Control Quaker Oatmeal
  • KatyLynn01
    Options
    A Thomas English Muffin- Whole Grains, 1/3 daily fiber (only 100 calories) with 1 egg and a 1/2 slice of cheese. And either a banana or a 60 calorie Light and Fit yogurt. And I gotta have my coffee! A filling breakfast for ~300 calories!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I do the egg whites too - with a lot of non-sodium seasoning and herbs, sometimes with some cherry tomatoes and fresh basil, sometimes with other veggies or peppers, anything to give it some flavor. And have it with a bagel thin and some V8 splash, and usually some morningstar fake (veggie) sausage links.
  • KristiRexhepi
    Options
    LOVE my Herbalife Healthy Meal shake! No cooking, easy cleanup, fast, and PERFECT nutrition! :D
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    It's the same thing every morning for me. Old fashioned oatmeal with a scoop of PB and 2 cups of green tea.
  • kyddsox
    kyddsox Posts: 6
    Options
    usually replacement shake but if its weekends usually eggs, milk, and turkey bacon
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    3-4 eggs over easy in 1TBSP Coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of butter drizzled over them. Coffee + coconut milk beverage fattened up with coconut milk.

or

I'll make an omelet, same number of eggs.
  • lifesabeach2629
    Options
    if ur into cheese, u should try low-fat cheese (trader joe's has 75% reduced fat mozzarella/cheddar cheese) - it's SO good and (almost) the same texture as regular cheese! it def does the trick for me!
  • iluv2travel
    Options
    I cannot eat anything savory in the morning so I usually have rolled oats + almond milk + chia seeds + almond butter (or cashew butter) + goji berries + cacao nibs. Keeps me full until lunch time!
  • meandpooh95
    meandpooh95 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bulgur Wheat with milk.
  • katjconsult
    Options
    I just discovered Hungrygirl.com OMG so SO many new breakfast options there. I've been having the canolli stuffed french toast nuggets or the growing oatmeal bowls for the past few days. Her episode Rise and Dine is the BEST
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of the same stuff over & over, but you're welcome to peek at my diary.