5'2 125

Options
does this sound healthy? or too big? I'm seeing some posts here into the lower 100's for people 5'2 and I'm wondering if my goal should be lower than 125?

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You should do what works for your body. Everyone is different. You should try for a weight that you feel good at, it doesn't matter what other people weigh. Don't compare, it only causes issues!
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal is 130. I think that 120-130 depending on your shape is a healthy goal! Hope that helps!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    That is a healthy goal weight...I'm 5'3 and trying to shoot for 125 myself. Good luck to us both! :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    100 pounds for a 5' tall woman and 5 pounds per inch after that. So, you will see between 110-120 on a lot of websites.
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    Use bodyfat rather than weight.
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    how would you feel about trying to MAINTAIN less then 125. I was 119 for one month of my life and I had to run 50miles a day and eat 1500 calories a day to maintain it. Oh, I am 5'4".
    125 sounds acheivable and maintainable and most of all
    HEALTHY!
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    I think it really depends on your frame. I'm medium sized so 125 is my ultimate goal. If it's any lower I look too skinny.

Do what *feels* right for you.
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha............sorry, that is 5 miles a day, not 50
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 125 now.. My goal is 115 b/c I'm so small boned, petite person.. I found that once I started putting on more muscle 118-120 is my ideal body weight, with nice muscle tone. So once you put on muscle you clothes will fit better but the scale will stop moving.. 125 is a great weight if you happy with it, do what feels good for you.
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    My gf is 5'3 and 120. I think your fine right now, but there is always room for improvement right?
  • carobert95
    Options
    Between 120lbs and 125lbs would be a perfect healthy weight for women that are 5"2.:happy: :happy:
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    everyone carries things differently/ I am 5foot 2. I have to say by your pic you have a very nice buttox. The reason i say this is because i was known in hs as miss no booty judy. I have none. No matter how much i gain it never gains there. For me i gain in my gut and my thighs and my face. Not my arms. not my chest/. it looks really bad to have a big ole gut out front when you dont have any junk in the trunk back behind. that is why my goal is lower than 125. BUT... like i was saying you have a nice buttox (one that i could only dream about paying for) so your gonna carry so weight there. its just how you carry it. and i think 125 would probably look super hot for you
  • kdp552
    kdp552 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently weigh 125. I'm a medium frame and wear a size 2/4 at this weight. I feel really good at this weight but would like to lose 5 - 10 more lbs and tone up a little more.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and this is also my goal weight. I've been as low as 117 before and that was to thin for me.
  • Sarahcuda
    Sarahcuda Posts: 76
    Options
    If you look at the BMI charts for someone 5'2" Ideal weight can vary from 108-144. You need to take into account your frame (are you small boned or are you large boned) and your age.
    Also: listen to your body. If you are at 130 and you are happy, healthy, and comfortable, and you aren't struggling to stay at that weight, then 130 might be it for you.
    You can't compare yourself to someone else, because we are all different.
    I'm 5'3" and I've set my goal at 135... But I'm going to reevaluate when I start getting close to it. If I'm happy at 150 and I'm healthy and look good, then I'm going to listen to my body and not stress over those last pounds that "I" wanted to lose. Also, if I hit 135 and realize that I should probably lose a few more, then I reevaluate and adjust!
    Good luck!
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    I am also 5'2 and my goal is 125 but I keep thinking I maybe happy at 130. I figure I am going to shoot for a number small enough that I feel healthy and can maintain. I was 115, 20 years ago but had no muscle so I know I won't get back there that was my lowest as an adult. I seem to be having trouble right now getting through these dredded 40's though can't seem to get into 130's:(
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    100 pounds for a 5' tall woman and 5 pounds per inch after that. So, you will see between 110-120 on a lot of websites.

This is what I use as a rough guide (100 + 5-10 lb per inch above 5'0"). I'm 5'2" and my goal is 110-120. I'm not there yet, but when I get closer, I plan on reassessing how I feel/look rather than choosing an arbitrary number.

ETA: I've been down to about 119 before, and I was pretty happy there. I wore a size 4. This just goes to show that everyone is different, if you read some of the other posts. As you get closer, I think you'll probably just have to decide what works for you, and where you're happiest.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Use bodyfat rather than weight.

^^^^
    This

weight is Arbitrary, use BF%
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think that 125 for 5"2 is achieveable and maintainable. Being able to keep it up for the long haul really is the test of your goal so make sure to aim for something that still allows you room for sluggish days or holidays without making you feel like you're failing. I'm 5"4 and 108 was maintainable for me for a year but only because I was working out 7 days a week. Now I'm aiming for 116lbs because I'm an athletic shape (read: nice way of saying I will never have an hour glass figure...sigh) but would aim for 125 if I had more shape.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My goal is 115 ultimately and I am 5' 0". I would go to 120 but I think you should be like 120 125 that sounds reasonable. But if you feel like you are too big when you get there you can always go from there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!