5'2 125

Options

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    THanks for the tips everyone. I definitely dont want to lose my curves and I'm thinking anything under 120 would not look good on my shape. While I do have a small frame (just under 5 inch wrist) I carry "most" of my weight in my boobs and butt, I just didn't want to focus on 125, get there and then realize I probably need to lose another 10lbs to be healthy for my height.

I'm at 139 now. 125 seems so far away but a hell of a lot closer than I was at 187 I guess.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha............sorry, that is 5 miles a day, not 50

I was gonna say, HOLY MOLY!! lol
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    nope. perfectly healthy! hello small wrist twin! same here- i have tiny wrists! i carry the majority of my weight on my bum- proper pair

im 122 now and do not want to get any lower as i find im slim already any lower and i will be a bag of bones! my boobs and bum would disappear. I guess each to their own. stick to 125, perfectly within your bmi.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 130lb to start and I'll see how I feel when I get there... :) I'm also 5ft2
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"...and have not weighed less than 128 pounds for as long as I can remember...and honestly, if I did I would look sickly... everyone does not fit into a singular weight. its litterally not one size fits all. ;o)
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I agree with what someone else said, about maintainability. I have been able to maintain 150 lbs for 6 months. I have been beating myself up about losing weight and not being at my "goal" until I realized that I am maintaining a weight my Dr said was perfect for me, and I was basically eating what I wanted (in moderation) and also eating better and staying active. A way of life I want to sustain and believe I will be able to since I have been doing it for over 2 years. So even though I am heavier than most ppl think I should be @ 5'4", once I get the toning done I want, I think my weight is ok. Still gonna *try" for 130 - but not going to go to extremes to get there.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and originally I was going for 130, I have since changed it to 125, but we shall see once I hit the 130 mark.....ONLY 3.5 pounds to go!!!!! As I want to stay this weight and not yo yo back and forth. I may go to 125 and see if I can maintain that weight, but if I can't 130 is good for me!!!
  • bootlebop1979
    Options
    I am 5'2" and carry my weight just like you! My goal is 130 =) However, once I am there I may decide to take off another 5-10 but, no more! I am more worried about toning than losing at this point.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'3" and shooting for 120. I've been hovering in the 125-130 range for about a decade but it's been slowly creeping upwards on me. :) That said, I'm getting back into an exercise routine and I may decide to stick with 125 if I can get toned enough. It's my physical size and how my clothes fit that matters more than what the scale says. I kind of like my curves.
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal is 127. When I start getting smaller than that my upper body is super skinny (sickly looking) My bottom has always been pretty big I estimate each butt cheek weighing in at about 5-7 pounds each :laugh:
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You need to go by your frame (small, medium or big), body fat and most importantly, how you feel. I'm just about 5'3" and have a larger bone structure ~ 125 lbs is the weight I like to be at, but I'm happy at 127 - 130 lbs. At 125 lbs, I wear a size 4.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal is 127. When I start getting smaller than that my upper body is super skinny (sickly looking) My bottom has always been pretty big I estimate each butt cheek weighing in at about 5-7 pounds each :laugh:

If I substract my boobs and butt I'm at my goal already :laugh:
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    I am 5'2" and carry my weight just like you! My goal is 130 =) However, once I am there I may decide to take off another 5-10 but, no more! I am more worried about toning than losing at this point.

Thanks! You look great!
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

Thank you. I know I should be focused on body fat % right now, but dont I have to burn the extra fat to lower than percentage?
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my "healthy" BMI is between 118 and 124 but if you have a bigger bone structure then that isn't realistic. My advice, get to the weight you think you'd comfortable being and if you aren't completely satisfied with that then try 5-10 pound goals but remember that sometimes we still have our large looks imprinted in our brains so don't take it too far.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 1 and hovering at 125. I think it's fine.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    There's some talk of what is sustainable. Your maintenance calories at 125 aren't going to be that many more than your maintenance calories at 110 or 115, so it's not like you are going to be able to eat whatever you want at 125 but not at a lower weight. It's really a matter of how long you want to be on your weight loss journey. Obviously it will take longer to get under 125, but if you are questioning it, you have something in the back of your mind telling you that you would like to be under 125. I say go for it! But don't get "skinny fat", get some girl power muscles. You'll love it, and you'll be healthier for it too, regardless of where you decide to maintain.

For what it's worth, I'm 37, 5'1", and currently going between 103 and 105. I don't think I look "sickly" at all, neither does my fiance, and we were together when I weighed 126.5, so he's seen me everywhere in between. I'm not suggesting you need to weigh 105, but as I mention above, if you're questioning 125, that means something.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    it depends on a lot imo. but i do NOT think 130 is too big for 5'2" :)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Use bodyfat rather than weight.

^^^^
    This

weight is Arbitrary, use BF%

Thirding this statement. If you have a low BF %, you could still weigh more than someone else, but look so much better. This is because muscle is more dense than fat (e.g., 5 lb of muscle takes up less space than 5 lbs of fat). So, just work on getting close to your goal, then check BF - and set a BF % goal. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!