SHOCKED at some "weight-loss" advice

Options
Not sure where to post this so i put it here, i was looking for facebook sites that support moms in their weight loss journey and came across one that SHOCKED me, giving these girls advice on weightloss that was just outright Crazy. This is the diet they recommended

the rainbow diet
Monday (white):
Breakfast: ½ apple (40.5 cals)
Lunch: ½ apple (40.5 cals)
Dinner: 1 cucumber (24 cals)
Total: 105 cals

Tuesday (yellow):
Breakfast: 1 banana (108.5 cals)
Lunch: 1 banana (108.5 cals)
Dinner: ½ cup corn (66 cals)
Total: 283 cals

Wednesday (fast):

Thursday (orange):
Breakfast: ½ orange (31 cals)
Lunch: ½ orange (31 cals)
Dinner: 1 carrot (26 cals)
Total: 88 cals

Friday (red):
Breakfast: ½ cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
Lunch: ½ cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
Dinner: ½ red pepper (16 cals)
Total: 59 cals

Saturday (purple/blue):
Breakfast: 10 blueberries (8 cals)
Lunch: 10 blueberries (8 cals)
Dinner: 10 raspberries (24 cals)
Total: 40 cals

Sunday (green):
Breakfast: ½ cup grapes (57 cals)
Lunch: ½ grapes (57 cals)
Dinner: 1 cup lettuce (7 cals)
Total: 121 cals

Week total: 696 cals

REALLY? The others were a water and lemon diet and a baby food diet! I am just in shock!

Replies

• larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Those are normally used by ones suffering from eating disorders...they are quite common, along with others like the ABC diet....
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    I think I am gonna think up some crazy "diet" plan. People are just nuts if they really believe in most of this crap!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm wondering if this wasn't a diet plan for the pro-anas.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    that's sad, but doesn't really surprise me..the advice some people get these days is just down right stupid and careless...that WEEK total is what i eat in 1/2 a DAY
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely types of "cleansing fasts" or pro-ana diets. Sad that people subject themselves to such torture. MFP is a much healthier way...
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Well I do find my fellow work employees always coming in with some crazy diet a few times a month. Doesn't last too long. I should thank my Diabetes for this one thing. I CAN'T be on any fad diets. So it's an easy excuse as to why I think their diet schemes are coocoo. I just say no thanks. Diabetic. I HAVE to stick to eating 5 times a day all kinds of yummy healthy foods. But you go right ahead and eat your one color meal there. Good luck to ya' :noway:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Only if I aspired to look like this:

weekly_gif_collection_33.gif

crazy3.gif
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    there are literally tons of "fad" diets out there and people who think weight loss is a miracle .. just dont get sucked in!!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely types of "cleansing fasts" or pro-ana diets. Sad that people subject themselves to such torture. MFP is a much healthier way...

Yes... MFP is a much healthier way to torture ourselves. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (*sorry, couldn't resist!)
  • hjsyndrome
    Options

crazy3.gif

I think I just vurped!!!!!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    thats really creepy.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Can you say DEATH!!!!!! by to little cals....
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
  • hjsyndrome
    Options
    Not sure where to post this so i put it here, i was looking for facebook sites that support moms in their weight loss journey and came across one that SHOCKED me, giving these girls advice on weightloss that was just outright Crazy. This is the diet they recommended

the rainbow diet
    Monday (white):
    Breakfast: ½ apple (40.5 cals)
    Lunch: ½ apple (40.5 cals)
    Dinner: 1 cucumber (24 cals)
    Total: 105 cals

Tuesday (yellow):
    Breakfast: 1 banana (108.5 cals)
    Lunch: 1 banana (108.5 cals)
    Dinner: ½ cup corn (66 cals)
    Total: 283 cals

Wednesday (fast):

Thursday (orange):
    Breakfast: ½ orange (31 cals)
    Lunch: ½ orange (31 cals)
    Dinner: 1 carrot (26 cals)
    Total: 88 cals

Friday (red):
    Breakfast: ½ cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
    Lunch: ½ cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
    Dinner: ½ red pepper (16 cals)
    Total: 59 cals

Saturday (purple/blue):
    Breakfast: 10 blueberries (8 cals)
    Lunch: 10 blueberries (8 cals)
    Dinner: 10 raspberries (24 cals)
    Total: 40 cals

Sunday (green):
    Breakfast: ½ cup grapes (57 cals)
    Lunch: ½ grapes (57 cals)
    Dinner: 1 cup lettuce (7 cals)
    Total: 121 cals

Week total: 696 cals

REALLY? The others were a water and lemon diet and a baby food diet! I am just in shock!

WHEW! Tuesday is pig out day! I couldnt eat all of those calories.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    By Wed you'd be pooping Tuesday's corn
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options

crazy3.gif

I am not one to jump in to things like this, but really??? First, anyone would know this pic has been altered.....However, there are many girls that do look like that, and it is a DISEASE..... so for you to say that all people that suffer from eating disorders are crazy...just completely disrespectful....
    If I were to post a pic of a morbidly obese person on here, and say that she is crazy because of her weight and that she is disgusting.....well, just please know that this a disease, not a choice, and that many suffer painfully each and every day with this.....
    that is all.
  • Eskimopie
    Options

Yes... MFP is a much healthier way to torture ourselves. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (*sorry, couldn't resist!)

Heh true! Got me there ;)
  • Eskimopie
    Options

crazy3.gif

I am not one to jump in to things like this, but really??? First, anyone would know this pic has been altered.....However, there are many girls that do look like that, and it is a DISEASE..... so for you to say that all people that suffer from eating disorders are crazy...just completely disrespectful....
    If I were to post a pic of a morbidly obese person on here, and say that she is crazy because of her weight and that she is disgusting.....well, just please know that this a disease, not a choice, and that many suffer painfully each and every day with this.....
    that is all.

That MUST be altered. Either through a video editing program or she's corset-trained over years...right? Right???
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The Rainbow Diet is such a cute idea in theory. Instead of remembering/planning 5 different meals for a 7 day period you just go by colour, neat!

Of course upping the daily calorie limits though would probably be a good idea... I say probably sarcastically, OBVIOUSLY ;)