SHOCKED at some "weight-loss" advice

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Only if I aspired to look like this:

I am not one to jump in to things like this, but really??? First, anyone would know this pic has been altered.....However, there are many girls that do look like that, and it is a DISEASE..... so for you to say that all people that suffer from eating disorders are crazy...just completely disrespectful....
    If I were to post a pic of a morbidly obese person on here, and say that she is crazy because of her weight and that she is disgusting.....well, just please know that this a disease, not a choice, and that many suffer painfully each and every day with this.....
    that is all.

That MUST be altered. Either through a video editing program or she's corset-trained over years...right? Right???

I have heard of that being acheived through corset training,but i think the video is altered
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options

*video omitted*

Disgusting

WTH IS that?!?!?
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    That MUST be altered. Either through a video editing program or she's corset-trained over years...right? Right???
    [/quote]

I have heard of that being acheived through corset training,but i think the video is altered
    [/quote]

its not, you can google her, she is known for corset training!
    But no, i reported the page, and posted about this site and how people need to be careful what they are doing to their bodies. The page owner assured me that they dont support fad diets but share what they read (yeah ok) and that they tell their page viewers to talk to a dr first, riiiiight! I am still in like SHOCK MODE over that page.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    It's crazy the unhealthy extremes people take to get to a point they see as healthy.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I am not one to jump in to things like this, but really??? First, anyone would know this pic has been altered.....However, there are many girls that do look like that, and it is a DISEASE..... so for you to say that all people that suffer from eating disorders are crazy...just completely disrespectful....
    If I were to post a pic of a morbidly obese person on here, and say that she is crazy because of her weight and that she is disgusting.....well, just please know that this a disease, not a choice, and that many suffer painfully each and every day with this.....
    that is all.
    [/quote]

I agree with you on that whole heartedly
  • Lovinryry21
    Options
    thats really sad that you guys are being this way pro ana-mia is a DIEASE and you guys are pretty much making fun of them get a life
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Thats not any worse than people who eat at McDonalds three times a day.

I'm sorry but PERSPECTIVE, people.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

that is all.

I didn't see where the person said that anyone was crazy let alone ALL people with ED's were crazy. What I saw was that following that diet was loopy and would result in an unhealthy body.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    @Natasha.....I wasn't directing that at the op......I was talking about the pic that was posted, with the crazy smiley below, and the thoughtless comments that ensued on that pic....
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options

weekly_gif_collection_33.gif

crazy3.gif

OMG!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    @Natasha.....I wasn't directing that at the op......I was talking about the pic that was posted, with the crazy smiley below, and the thoughtless comments that ensued on that pic....

I wasn't trying to imply that everyone with a ED is crazy, but the diet certainly is unhealthy.

My apologies if I offended.
  • heidimanderson
    Options
    WOW...that is BAD!!!
  • heidimanderson
    Options
    WOW...that is BAD!!!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    No offense at all.....I just want others that are not familiar with the true forms of ED's to maybe understand a little better.....as I am sure lots would be at least a little upset if I were to post a pic of an obese person and call them crazy, disgusting, horrid.....we should respect each other, and know that everyone has their battles and issues that we deal with every day, so we are not all that unalike....
  • tashjs21
    Options

That is exactly what I was referring to. That poster did not call ANYONE or any group crazy.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    I guess you missed the post that called the girl in the pic disgusting, and did not see the smiley that made the crazy gesture.....no matter.....
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

That is exactly what I was referring to. That poster did not call ANYONE or any group crazy.

Right, Faerie recognizes that, she's saying that OTHERS were referring to the photo in a negative way.
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That is a typical "ana" diet encouraged by those with eating disorders. Yes, it may be shocking to those who have never suffered and eating disorder... unfortunately, it doesn't shock me at all. It just makes me sad that people would follow it because they feel so insecure, lost, ugly and "not good enough".:cry:
  • tashjs21
    Options

Right, Faerie recognizes that, she's saying that OTHERS were referring to the photo in a negative way.

Just saw the 2nd comment. And to be fair, the first comment was quoting ONE persons response and was not clear that it was directed at multiple people.

And again, I don't think the smiley was saying anyone in particular was crazy...just that the idea that the "diet" is a healthy approach was crazy.

Really no need to turn into some huge controversy.