"Real women have curves."

Options

Replies

• mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    wow... its too early lemme try that again... USED TO BE CURVY, and no i just gotta GUT. i think i need to go back to bed.
  • grapefruitluv
    Options
    Like most things in America - its driven by marketers. I would not allow it to impact us. And I completely agree that the phrase is geared towards the male mind whereby the woman has bust and bottom with a small/average waistline.

Funny thing - I correlate the phrase with the movie with America Ferrera from the latin community rather than Dove.
    However, although I am latin - I have no "bottom" so its not the average coco cola body that many rave about.
    Look at Jennifer Hudson - yes she is still curvy on tv but I bet 100 bucks if you saw her in person that body is not as voluminous as it once was. But was of the utmost importance is the way the woman feels - which results in how we perceive and fall in love with the person - albeit celebrity or not.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Why do so many people read this statement as 'big curves'? Each and every woman (and man) have curves! From the smallest to the largest! Curves = shape / form.

If you have a 32 NearlyA or a 40G you have curves!

If you have a small butt, or a butt you can balance a trray on ..... you got it ... YOU HAVE CURVES! :drinker:

Don't take something positive and turn it negative! Embrace your curves big and small!

*scans the room* I see hot hot hot curves every where in here! :love:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    They should enact a new slogan...women's bodies are fuggin hot.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just as ladies like certain things in a guy I like a lady to look feminine...that happens in a lot of different shapes and figures. :smile:
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Why do so many people read this statement as 'big curves'? Each and every woman (and man) have curves! From the smallest to the largest! Curves = shape / form.

If you have a 32 NearlyA or a 40G you have curves!

If you have a small butt, or a butt you can balance a trray on ..... you got it ... YOU HAVE CURVES! :drinker:

Don't take something positive and turn it negative! Embrace your curves big and small!

*scans the room* I see hot hot hot curves every where in here! :love:

^^^ This! Never meet a woman without curves. They may not be huge, but even on the skinniest, there's no straight lines. Especially under finger tips lightly tracing an outline from shoulder to hip. ;-)
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I like all women, shapes and sizes..... blond, brunette, redhead.... curvy, skinny, tall, short, large breast, small breast....... I have never been one to say "oh she'd be perfect if she was X......." I married a very curvy blond (shout out to ya baby) and to me she has always been gorgeous to me, even after having our son and carrying some baby weight. In the past I had dated less curvy petite women and find them very attractive as well.... so for me its not an issue either way.

I also feel it depends on a womans frame and if she is healthy or not for their body type.

just one guys opinion here............

Thank you! This was great to read. Although I know we're all here to improve, I can't see why society puts weight, shape, hair color, etc etc to be more important than a person that is nice, honest, warm, loving, considerate, caring, cheerful, good hearted and many other personality traits. A person could be pretty or handsome, have a "six pack", spend hours at a gym, wear beautiful expensive clothes, drive the best of cars, have a high dollar job, and other things and then be a fake, rude, lying, etc etc personality.
    Yes I agree it's great to be healthy and do your best to be attractive but , like the old saying goes, it's what's inside that really counts. I'm not expressing anything here to hurt any feelings or such but I think the media is controlling society much more than should be.
  • DaisyMoo86
    Options
    i am mega curvy and i love most of my curves lol and as my profile says i want to keep the curves but lose the rolls ;)

i love the fact that men these days have given up on the size zero look and like a woman with a bit more meat.....

nobody wants to grab a handful of bones :)

love ur body girls!!!! men do lol xx
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I like all women, shapes and sizes..... blond, brunette, redhead.... curvy, skinny, tall, short, large breast, small breast....... I have never been one to say "oh she'd be perfect if she was X......." I married a very curvy blond (shout out to ya baby) and to me she has always been gorgeous to me, even after having our son and carrying some baby weight. In the past I had dated less curvy petite women and find them very attractive as well.... so for me its not an issue either way.

I also feel it depends on a womans frame and if she is healthy or not for their body type.

just one guys opinion here............

What this guy said. With the exception of the marrying the blonde part.

I would also like to add: Quit defining your health, your goal, or your self worth by your pants size. Men can't tell a women's pants size, and the most likely don't care what the number is. (unless they're shopping for you) It's all proportional anyway.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Defo a statement made from a guys view point, but can understand how it could get in to peoples minds.

Different guys (and girls) like different things about the opposite sex, there is no "one size fits all" (no pun intended)

people need to focus on doing what they do for themselves and try not to conform to what the media throw at us, the whole time. Its happening more and more to guys as well now. Years back it was all about stick thin woman etc etc, and now the same can be said for the guys.

Me......... I say......eat healthy........eat right...........treats now and then, and we are the shape we are.

Love ^ this! :flowerforyou:
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. Maybe cuz I'm one of those women with curves. Even skinny (yay, I can say that now), I still have my curves.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    "Real Women" as opposed to "fake women"? I'm very tall (6'0) and have always had curves. Granted, when I was in my 20s I wasn't as "curvy" as am I now. Society puts a huge amount of pressure on women to be "movie star perfect"

Someone mentioned Jennifer Hudson earlier...she was a very curvy women...all of a sudden she's joined weight watchers and has dropped a tonne of weight. I highly doubt she did it for herself and her health. 10 bucks says her "people" put pressure on her.

Maybe I am just talking out of my *kitten* here...but in the grand scheme of things...whether you are 300 or 100 lbs...shouldn't you be proud? In theory yes...but it takes alot of confidence to be happy and proud of who you are and what you look like.

Unfortunately, not enough of us are. All it takes is one snide comment or look to completely shatter any self esteem a woman might have. It happens every day..just turn on the TV or open a magazine.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    [
    Unfortunately, not enough of us are. All it takes is one snide comment or look to completely shatter any self esteem a woman might have. It happens every day..just turn on the TV or open a magazine.
    [/quote]
    Totally agree with this!!! Some women are just MEAN!! I hate the hater types!!! I'm a nice person! And yeah, I'm curvy. Deal with it!!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think despite what that slogan says we should love our body ...I know that I'd be lying if I'm sometimes not comfortable the way my body is but if there's some changes that I can control..I'm working on it...my arms & definetly abs ...most of us women would like to change many things ( bigger/smaller breasts or bigger/smaller butt) simply because of the definition given off what a perfect body should be ...but sometimes we just gotta work with what we have & look & feel hot...no matter what...take care of ourselves because in the end is all about how you present yourself
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Well....I have lost about 73 lbs since I had my son....and I still have my curves and it looks like they are going no where.. I really don't mind them...tho sometimes....I do wish I was bit less curvy
    Embrace them!!! :-):drinker: :drinker:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

What he said!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options

What he said!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I second that!!

I don't have a problem with it. But II don't really get offended easily b/c its a waste of mental energy. I have a friend that always rants about how her self-esteem is low b/c of some guy in HS calling her ugly, or "society" being mean to women, or something else of the moment. I say get over it already. The only way marketers and "society" can have power over your mind is if you let them.

And as one other person said, we all have curves, no matter how skinny. The slogan was merely meant to raise self-esteem and of course that always incites the opposite with someone. Whatever.

I have low self esteem b/c I do. I don't blame anyone else for it. I, in fact, get more compliments than not. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Wish people would stop blaming others for their own issues.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I love my curves. I think people tend to be too sensitive.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "I have low self esteem b/c I do. I don't blame anyone else for it. I, in fact, get more compliments than not. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Wish people would stop blaming others for their own issues."
    [/quote]

A person's "issues" stem from somewhere. There is always a catalyst as to why people feel the way they do. And to dismiss those issues as "blaming others" is narrow minded. You said yourself that you have low self esteem. I doubt you woke up over night and decided to be that way.

If a woman hears from her husband that she is fat and ugly every day for 20 years. Who is responsible for her "issues"? Is she for listening to it from the man she married? Or is he for being a *kitten*?
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Jeesh people, they are talking about "REAL" women as oppsed to those that are photoshopped in ads. They were/are trying to get society as a whole to embrass ALL REAL WOMEN and not those that the media edits up for print and film