My weight loss journey (with pics)

Options
FunRun08
FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
I have never posted these pictures before but reading everyone else s stories has inspired me to be brave. Here is my story -

In November 2008 I had had enough of myself, my youngest daughter was 6 months old and I was a mess. I had no energy and I was miserable with the way I looked and felt. In the middle of the night I as I was up nursing the baby and I kept seeing infomercials for 10 Minute Trainer. I convinced myself and my husband that this would do it for me. I bought the product, took the before picture that they suggester and got started. I didn't stick with is but it got me off the couch.

The next spring I decided to start running, and I feel in love with the road. It started with tears and pain and has developed into a passion. The weight wasn't coming off like I had hoped, even though I knew my body was changing, so I joined Weight Watchers that summer to get my eating under control.

Here I am today more than 60 pounds lost, countless inches gone and unmeasurable amounts of self esteem reached and repaired. I work at my local Y teaching cycling, body sculpting and other group exercise classes. I still run whenever I can and have signed up to run my first half marathon in October. I keep the below pictures with me on my ipod to remind myself where I came from, and to show people in my classes when they tell me they feel like they are too far gone. I joined MFP to help take off the last 10 - 15 lbs that have been sticking around and have meet some amazing people in the last 2 weeks.

Thank you for reading my story.

qouh6v.jpg
Before November 2008 225lbs

2cq01vo.jpg
One Year Later December 2009 - 175lbs

2gt22qf.jpg
August 2010 165lbs

2ijjmms.jpg
Now MFP starting 170 lbs, body fat 22%

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal work!! I came down from around 200lb myself a few years ago. Great Job!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! Congratulations!!
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Great work! Thanks for sharing your story - you have DEFINITELY inspired me! :smile:
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    wow fab!!!!!!x
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WOW! Your progress is amazing! Good job!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's awesome! Congrats!!
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    amazing changes keep it going!
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    simply awesome!!!! :smile:
  • mbalaguer1
    Options
    You've done an amazing thing for yourself, congratulations
  • thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    Wow what an incredible journey! You look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. I have just started my journey about a month ago and have never been so motivated. Add me as a friend if you like. Deb
  • mandiex0
    mandiex0 Posts: 174
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing....you are amazing
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    Excellent job! You look fantastic!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congratulations!
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow amazing job you look great thanks for posting trruly great job
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!! What a great story and transformation! You look SO healthy! I bet you feel amazing too! That's a great idea to keep your before picture handy, for yourself and for others.
  • AJAdkins
    AJAdkins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great Job! :D Very inspiring, your hard work has paid off!! You must be so proud of yourself!
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WOW absolutely fantastic - you look gorgeous - keep it up :)
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WOW absolutely fantastic - you look gorgeous - keep it up :)
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!