Looking for Phentermine Buddies....

Options
13»

Replies

• eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow, seriously, Heatherbelle? I know the topic said "buddies", but if you had a negative experience with something, wouldn't you warn someone about the possible negative consequences?

I don't think I attacked her or demeaned her in any way. Just offering a personal anecdote. Take what you need, and leave the rest.

But you should not attack people who are offering sincere advice.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Absolutly Eileen but there are plenty of threads on here where the non-pill-takers attack the pill-takers.

She is Doctor monitored and if you had read through everything before you posting you would know she is already well aware of these things. Yes I work in the medical field and realize patients dont always get information they need but its usually because they opt not to ask the questions or dont know what to ask. In her initial post she said she is using it as an aid.

Further more you arent the only person who posted negatively on here so why are you taking it so personally? I post something in EVERY post about pills (atleast that I see since I cant be on 24/7). I also posted that half the list of side-effect someone else on here was negative about happen with more drugs then phentermine that arent even diet related people put into their bodies daily to beable to live & function.

I believe they work and are an alternative to a life-risking surgery (yes weight loss surgeries are life-risking). But I always also go preachy and tell people they need to use it as an aid and that the weight will come back if they dont change their life-style. She has already heard it from me! And anyone else who asks my opinion on phentermine will as well. I have a friend who is a diabetic and got a lecture from me today for not eating enough cals while on it, she knew when she told me she would get a lecture.

But thats just it those of us taking it or have taken it NEED to support each other through all stages, especially the days you dont feel the need to eat at all, AND when you stop taking it and are tempted once the drug wears out of your system.

Its truly sad that there are people on this site who simply want to point out the bad side of pills instead of embracing those that use them and helping them with their healthy choices so maybe they can stop taking them sooner or maintain the weight better once it comes off.

I still see some negativity towards surgery on here but not the same degree I see towards pills. And Im not a supporter of OTC pills. I am a supporter of Dr. monitored pills & programs.

Life-risking surgery (especially while obese due to slower healing rates) or a pill where you are Dr monitored and the DAY a symptom pops up you can stop it unlike surgery where you risk infection and another surgery if something goes wrong. Ill take my pills any day
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I've taken it off and on over the last several years. It does work. I lost 80lbs the first year over the course of 6-8 months. I had to set an alarm to remind me to eat anything for the first month or so. After coming off of it, I managed to keep it off as long as I paid attention to diet and exercise [Duh!]. As soon as that slipped, the poundage came back. I gained roughly half of what I lost back. I am currently eating better and getting regular exercise and the weight is coming off without the meds. It did what it was supposed to do, but please be aware that it is indeed an amphetamine, with ALL of the risks and benefits of that class of medications. I've always called it "The Jenny Crank Diet". Use it only under regular close physician supervision.
    I also have concerns about the Drs who have "Weight Loss Clinics", they are an absolute goldmine to the physician, moving people quickly through the system as they get their Rx. I went to such a "Clinic" for a time while I was taking this medication, and was negatively impressed with how little interaction and actual follow up he had with his patients in the clinic. It was eerily similar to a crack house. That being said, good luck, choose what works best for you, and be careful!
  • TahanyE
    TahanyE Posts: 83
    Options
    I was on it in 2006 and lost about 20lbs. I came off of it and gained it all back and then some. I would really like to go back on it while more disipline this time. When I was on it last time I didnt follow a diet and when I came off of it I just let my eating get out of hand. I dont think my doctor will put me on it though :ohwell:
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I believe when I took it I lost about 30 ish lbs in about 4 months. I probably lost more than I should have, but I am one of those people that constantly think they aren't skinny enough so I had to rearrange my mindset. When I first went on it, I just ordered it online, they've since changed that so you can't do it anymore. I had some side effects, dry mouth and such and yes I never wanted to eat, but I took the good with the bad. I paid for it since insurance wouldn't cover it for me. Like I said I had a decent experience and if it were easier I'd go back on it for a few months. I'm getting the same results now that I was with that but just because I'm watching every morsel I put in my mouth, but the thing I enjoyed with phentermine was the quick results. Changing my lifestyle is more difficult, but I'm ready for a change.