What does breakfast look like to you?

Options
jfontes
jfontes Posts: 1
On a typical day what does your breakfast consist of? Do you have a quick protein shake? Some oatmeal and berries? Or are you the big breakfast kinda person?

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It varies with me. I'm very changeable with food decisions. Never ate breakfast before and trying to stick to it.
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Herbal life shake - mix with milk satisfying low in calories, high protien. Quick and easy for someone that is always late in the morning.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    reply i usually have sargentos reduced fat colby jack cheese stick and then a snack an hr later and then lunch after that and an hr later a snack ties me over till dinner
  • HMHUBBS
    HMHUBBS Posts: 9
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of special K, with soymilk, and sliced banana on top. Some days I'll make a fruit smoothie and scramble 2 eggs for protein to tide me over.
  • katdon88
    katdon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs, 100 calorie oatmeal and one cup of fruit.
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Today I had a Thomas's Bagel Thin, scrambled egg whites and a slice of 2% american cheese. A tasty and filling breakfast sandwich!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Weekday breakfast is usually a <100 cal cereal bar and black coffee at my desk at work (uninspiring I know).

Weekends I usually have something more substantial- at about 10am (I can never eat first thing) like an omlette with smoked salmon and courgette, or baked eggs florentine (really yummy, you line a ramekin with ham or lean bacon, then top with wilted spinach and crack on an egg. The top with a little creme fraiche and low fat cheddar & bake in oven for 10 mins until golden).
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Usually some dairy, some grain / fiber, and some fruit. I eat a lot of the same things over & over. Feel free to peek at my diary.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I do either make my own oatmeal with a glass of milk, whole wheat bagel with two egg whites or one whole egg and an egg white and cheese with a fruit. If I am in a hurry its special k cereal and a fruit.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal made with 3/4 water and 1/4 milk, a teaspoon of agave nectar and a tablespoon of chia seeds, the juice of one grapefruit, some form of greens (various lettuces, spring mix, spinach, etc) and occasionally a half cup of melon or berries. every day for almost a year.
  • celesteadams1119
    celesteadams1119 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It depends. I don't like to eat the same things all the time, so each week I try to switch it up. I don't have time to cook, so it's normally a rotation of a protein bar or a SlimFast or fruit & yogurt.
  • ashers1819
    ashers1819 Posts: 160
    Options
    I eat two small slices of wholemeal toast with reduced fat peanut butter!

Mmmm gotta love that peanut butter :)
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast right now is 1 cup of fruit (varies depending on what looks good) and 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese. I top it with some salsa, I know that sound weird, but I love it.

It's less than 200 calories and sticks with me.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    FF yogurt & a piece of fruit. Sometimes I treat myself to yummy oatmeal at work. Cant' do shakes of anykind....they remind me too much of slimfast back in the mid-80's when I lived on them during jr. high school.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    99% of the time i make an awesome green breakfast smoothie that incorporates my daily fruit and vegetable intake... so that anything else i eat throughout the day is just a "bonus!"

there are variations of how i make it with the fruits... but the vegetables and protein factor stay the same. everything should be listed in my diary, but the basics are below:

kale
    spinach
    carrot (if I have some... not necessary)
    greek yogurt
    banana
    fruit mixes (typically mixed berries or pineapple and strawberries or kiwi and other variations - this is the part that keeps it interesting!)
    occasionally i'll put some flax seed oil in for absorption and other health benefits
    and water of course to make it your desired consistency
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The days I weight train at 6am I wake up have a protein shake with half a cup of raw oats before my work out... then when i get home an hour later i have 1 whole egg and 4 egg scrambled, and the days i don't lift in the morning i usually have a 4 egg white 1 whole egg omelet with a slice of ham and cheese.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I either have oatmeal (no fruit or flavorings) or Special K/milk. Once a weekend, I treat myself to an egg white omelet with vegetables and (splurge) a slice of cheese. It gets me through to lunchtime. Boy, I miss sausage, bacon and ham . . . .
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    oatmeal,banana,yogurt
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Right now we are alternating between some sort of omelette or fritatta and a piece of fruit OR cottage cheese and fruit. Always have a glass of water w/lemon and green tea too. I am getting ready to start playing around w/some green tea smoothies now that the weather has warmed up.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    In the school holidays I have a bowl of low fat, low sugar cereal (Dorset Cereal or Rude Health). During term time I don't get time for breakfast before the school run.