What does breakfast look like to you?

Options

Replies

• kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have plain oatmeal some yougurt and fruit my day start early i'm at work at 5am so I eat what I bring to work. Some times i'll switch it up with a Panera Power Breakfast sandwhich....
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Chobani Yogurt and South Beach Protein Fit Bar...gotta hit the morning with LOTS of protein! Oh, yah...and coffee with flavored creamer (that's my treat!)
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    anything from cereal with fruit, bacon and eggs, lean cuisines, left overs from the night before. i just make sure i eat after i wake up.
  • VegasKC
    VegasKC Posts: 17
    Options
    Although I am trying to cut down on my bread products, I still enjoy having a small Cranberry Orange Scone for breakfast. So I make my own and it is 230 cals. Not too bad with a cup of coffee.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Dorset cereal + low fat Greek yogurt.

On my boyfriend's day off I might have either boiled or scrambled egg with wholemeal toast.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I didn't often have breakfast before joining here, but within about 4 weeks I noticed on the days I didn't have breakfast I ate about 300 cals more overall throughout the day, so I've started trying to always eat in the morning.
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    I've tried alot of different things but oatmeal works best for me. It's quick, easy, inexpensive, and it does the job. I don't seem to need much protien in the am but I really have to watch the sugar/carb thing - if I start out with carbs or sugar, I'm shot for the day. So I try to stay away from cold cereal and/or bread items.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My most filling breakfast is a veggie scramble with one whole and two egg whites. Asparagus, mushroom, onion, spinach, tomato and a slice of ham. I also like cottage cheese with splenda and cinnamon and berries. If I don't have time it is a protein shake or pure protein bar. Have to have the protein In the mornings or I will be hungrier all day.
  • AW30
    AW30 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have somthing different everyday.
  • jetbutterfly
    Options
    Usually 2 pop tarts
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I mix it up. Sometimes I have.....

-2 eggs, whites only, boiled.
    -1 cup steamed broccoli.
    -Turkey sausage, or centercut bacon.

-Jimmy Dean D-lights muffin w/ cheese, turkey sausage and egg whites on it.

-Plain, whole grain oatmeal with some varition or almonds, granola, bananas and stevia, more or less.

-Kelloggs yogurt cereal, skim milk.

-Hashbrowns topped with crumbled turkey sausage and melted fat-free cheese with some kind of fruit or vegetable on the side usually.

-Multigrain bagel thin with Smuckers sugar-free jelly and 5 sprays of I can't believe it's not butter.

That's pretty much the basics. I get bored with food so easily, so if I don't switch it up I will usually start eating bad.
  • Kcraig79
    Kcraig79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i love breakfast so i would rather have a big breakfast and skip lunch

but with this diet iam doing oatmeal,cream of wheat, eggs,fruit instead of french toast and beacon
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    OATZ
    or an egg beater omelet and some whole wheat toast.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I mix it up, because if I get bored all bets are off on what I'll eat.

1/2 cup oatmeal with just a bit of brown sugar
    Egg whites on a sandwich thin with a slice of cheese
    Bagel thins

I try to get around 300 calories of breakfast each day, so sometimes I may end up with 2 bagel thins or 3/4 cup of oatmeal.
  • aekriebs
    aekriebs Posts: 45
    Options
    Old standby: Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats with 1/8 c. low fat vanilla ice cream on top, or a little cream and sugar + piece of fruit or yogurt.

New fave: Breakfast taco made with 1 tortilla (whole grain if possible), 1 whole egg, 1/4 c. black beans (low sodium), 1 Tbs. shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 Tbs. salsa. Paired with a 1/2 c. low fat yogurt or fruit and it is a wonderful start to the day.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yogurt or a Special K bar, usually.

Coffee always.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Now 3-6-9 Omega supp
    Orange Triad multi vit
    metamucil smooth 1 serv
    fiber one bar or dannon greek yogurt 1 serv

Oh duh and coffee. Usually no more than 16 oz...
  • gurlysmiles2001
    Options
    when i'm in a hurry i do 1/2 c quick cook oats with 1 tbs flax seed meal in the microwave with water, than add 1/4 light vanilla soymilk and some cinnamon with a banana on the side.

if i think i might be late on lunch that day i'll add 2 egg whites either from hard boiled eggs or scrambled up with a c of fresh baby leaf spinach, seasoned with mrs. dash salt free tomato basil garlic seasoning

when i have more time i've tried recipes from this site for cottage cheese pancakes which are a treat for me, they taste like waffles. you just have to go easy on the topping, a thin layer of peanut butter is good or some fresh berries cooked and blended in the blender to make a sauce
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is my cheat meal :) It's secretly not bad for me, but my taste buds don't realize it.

Two whole grain eggo waffles, one slice kraft 2% milk cheese, and three turkey sausage links. Then I put them together like a sandwich :D

It tastes like an egg mcmuffin, but is bigger and more filling, and only about 300 calories & 12 g of fat :)
  • carriernancy
    Options
    I try to keep it simple and healthy. 1/2 cup of old fashion oats, 1/2 cup of blueberries or half of banana, 2 egg whites ( egg beaters) maybe some salsa. I can eat this every day.