Stress Eating College Kids

1235»

Replies

• bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Hey guys this is a great idea.. I'm a masters student mid thesis and on my second all nighter! I had been surviving on coffee and periodic 2 hr naps, until I went nuts and ate the vast majority of 'healthy snacks' in my cabinet.. turns out they are only healthy if you eat one.. not the whole box! Any thoughts on how to stop doing that??

I've done that too! I think that you just get so tired your body needs something to keep it going, so while sleep would be the best way to stop this from happening it isn't always possible in college :) So what I have done during finals is make it harder to get to my food. For example I'll put my snacks in the back of my clothes closet (closed stuff only no ants!) so I have to work to get it. If I do feel the need to eat a snack I'll pull one out from its hidding place and sit down somewhere away from the other food and eat my one thing. Then quickly work on my paper or whatever to distract myself from the fact that there is more yummy food around the corner. This usally works if it doesn't I make my roommate hold my food hostage so the snacking doesn't get out of hand. Generally one of the two strageies works. Hope this helps :)

awesome tricks! Thanks
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Hey guys this is a great idea.. I'm a masters student mid thesis and on my second all nighter! I had been surviving on coffee and periodic 2 hr naps, until I went nuts and ate the vast majority of 'healthy snacks' in my cabinet.. turns out they are only healthy if you eat one.. not the whole box! Any thoughts on how to stop doing that??

I've never pulled an all-nighter, it's impossible for me to stay up, lol. Of course, I understand sometimes you have to.

If you live in a dorm with a communal kitchen, move all your food to the kitchen (labelled of course!) so you can't reach it. If you live in an apartment, put it somewhere very far away! I usually don't even have a lot of food in my dorm anyway because I can't afford much.
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Is everyone done with finals yet?!?! I just finished Thursday, Thank GOD! Can't wait just to focus on eating healthy and working out. My goal this summer is to be a better runner and sign up for a 5K! How's everybody doing with their weight loss?
  • Jorra
    Is everyone done with finals yet?!?! I just finished Thursday, Thank GOD! Can't wait just to focus on eating healthy and working out. My goal this summer is to be a better runner and sign up for a 5K! How's everybody doing with their weight loss?

I just finished on Saturday, haven't started into my summer schedule of working yet, so it's been a crazy weekend. In some pretty exciting news I went to buy some new pants after my finals and found I was wearing a few sizes tooooo big! I've been wearing some very loose 20s for a while, and now I'm in a 14!
  • Marzipan91
    Marzipan91 Posts: 46
    Hey guys, even though school is out, I thought I'd share an idea for next year! I just made an avocado and cheese sandwich and it was delicious! Also quite easy for those on the run.

How's summer break???
  • Jorra
    Hey guys, even though school is out, I thought I'd share an idea for next year! I just made an avocado and cheese sandwich and it was delicious! Also quite easy for those on the run.

How's summer break???

Sounds delicious! I might have to try that when I get back on campus and guac is free.
This discussion has been closed.