MFP conventions

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    I am interested in all ideas, and anyone who wants to help make this a reality, have tons of ideas on how to make this work and what to do with it, but looking for all kinds of opinions.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    I am all for Texas... but do me and my Canadian countrymen a favor? Can we please have it in the middle of winter? I want to go somewhere warm in December, January or February...

It could boost the attendance from Canada and the northern states! I know a few North Dakotans and Minnesotans that would be game!
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    A 5K & 10 K in the morning would be great too.
  • BigBeaver
    I am all for Texas... but do me and my Canadian countrymen a favor? Can we please have it in the middle of winter? I want to go somewhere warm in December, January or February...

It could boost the attendance from Canada and the northern states! I know a few North Dakotans and Minnesotans that would be game!

Of course, I am originally from Michigan, and I know the winters stink, and trust me, unless you wanna spend time in 100 degree weather, summers maybe a lil hot, I was thinking next spring
  • BigBeaver
    A 5K & 10 K in the morning would be great too.

Thats a great idea, and actually Austin has those like biweekly to monthly, something we could totally do
  • bjunkins
    bjunkins Posts: 11 Member
    Lots of wide open space here in Maine.
    (yes, Maine is a state - look it up)
  • sinnuendo
    sinnuendo Posts: 15
    I will go anywhere is there is plenty of booze! :drinker:
  • BigBeaver

If you seen the opening of this, Austin has over 200 bars on one street, think that would be plenty of booze, just saying :drinker: :drinker:
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 614 Member
    Since this is a Fitness site- how about the Marathon at Disney World in Feb. ?
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member

Now that's just Goofy! :laugh:

Maybe we could move it year to year... just sayin.
  • BigBeaver

Now that's just Goofy! :laugh:

Maybe we could move it year to year... just sayin.

Yeah, I was thinking of revolving places, again, the first year, I suggested Austin, TX, cause well, it is my idea, LOL, but I just know of so many places and things that could go on here, and hopefully with some help, get it all organized so it can truely take place.
  • Let's do this!! Regionals sound good! :glasses:
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    I will need a divorce lawyer and signed papers to get to go! Oooo want to go. Keep me posted and I will try my best to go, I think this is great. :drinker:
  • BigBeaver
    Bump! Haha, anyways, still looking for more ideas.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    You'll LOVE Austin! Trust us!
  • sinnuendo
    sinnuendo Posts: 15
    :wink: Hmmmm, "trust us" I think I've heard that before
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    :wink: Hmmmm, "trust us" I think I've heard that before
    Oh,... I forgot to add the "wink - wink - nudge-nudge",..... but ya, trust us! :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • BigBeaver
    We could start something like the annual Furrie & Plushie convention... just for us crazies instead. :laugh:

LMAO--you are gross, Furries and Plushies:laugh: :laugh: , we aren't that sick and weird, However, Austin does have the motto "Keep Austin Weird" It is an awesome place, trust me in this.:drinker:
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    We are gonna need sponsors (booths) for this. Try and get a hold of some of these ads from the site - probably will have to get Mike involved for that.
  • BigBeaver
    We are gonna need sponsors (booths) for this. Try and get a hold of some of these ads from the site - probably will have to get Mike involved for that.

Yeah, I am still waiting to hear back from Mike. But I also have a new friend, bless her heart, anniebnannie, that is an event and convention planner whom I am going to work with, once I get the consent, gonna be a lot of letter writing to companies and the such to get booths, but have a ton of ideas, and gonna get them all done on paper and go from there. But when this comes to fruition, I think it will be awesome.
This discussion has been closed.