Late Friday Night...Anyone here...????

Options

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    LOL. there are quite a few older men in my class, and sometimes i wonder why they always get in the back row....:laugh: :laugh: :embarassed:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    LOL. there are quite a few older men in my class, and sometimes i wonder why they always get in the back row....:laugh: :laugh: :embarassed:
    no wondering here :smokin:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's mostly women in the class I typically go to, of course , you never know...:laugh:
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    LMAO :laugh:
  • Theresa35
    Options

alife quickly looks up Zumba schedule at the Y.....:laugh:
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Great day...have the munchkins this weekend. Went to a scrimage tonight (hence the new pic). Nontraining day for me and actually did OK on my calories dispite McDonalds. A Harley guy eh? I'll bet it was a beautiful day for a ride. I love riding. I got a rice burner though...but don't hold that against me. Still up but not for long...
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    miss sparkles, hi there. you mention your heart rate monitor. i have questions. i'm wondering if i should spring for one. you obviously wear it to work out, so what? then it can calculate for you the calories you've burned? Did you buy a fancy one?
    Thanks for the help.

i swear by that hrm i swear!

there are a few different types, and i highly recommend one that comes with a chest strap. The way it works, as opposed to the one with just the watch part, is it reads your direct heart beat, sends it to the watch part, and the watch takes into account your height weight and age to figure out how many calories you have burned based on how your heart beats.

the alternative is just the watch part which usually have two finger sensors that you press on to take a pulse, but because it can not average your heart rate over a period of time, it cannot tell you calories burned, which is why i LOVE MINE! (way big motivator to keep going when you see it hit 400 and you are just getting started!)

i highly recommend the Polar brand of HRM, which is what i am saving up for (they are expensive at about 100 bux or so) in the mean time, i have a highgear pulsewear duo that i got on amazon for 40 bux that works pretty good. I have to reset it every not an again with my info, but it generally gets the job done, and motivates me to keep pushing!
  • Theresa35
    Options

Just a question...every time I see someone write alife in response to you, my mind automatically thinks alfie...so can I just call you that from now on.....:happy:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Great day...have the munchkins this weekend. Went to a scrimage tonight (hence the new pic). Nontraining day for me and actually did OK on my calories dispite McDonalds. A Harley guy eh? I'll bet it was a beautiful day for a ride. I love riding. I got a rice burner though...but don't hold that against me. Still up but not for long...

Glad you joined us! New pic..very cute! Great job on the calories. It was an awesome night for a ride. Have to say it had been waayy too long since I'd been on a bike. I think all bikes are cool so nothing held against you at this point....:laugh:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    miss sparkles, hi there. you mention your heart rate monitor. i have questions. i'm wondering if i should spring for one. you obviously wear it to work out, so what? then it can calculate for you the calories you've burned? Did you buy a fancy one?
    Thanks for the help.

i swear by that hrm i swear!

there are a few different types, and i highly recommend one that comes with a chest strap. The way it works, as opposed to the one with just the watch part, is it reads your direct heart beat, sends it to the watch part, and the watch takes into account your height weight and age to figure out how many calories you have burned based on how your heart beats.

the alternative is just the watch part which usually have two finger sensors that you press on to take a pulse, but because it can not average your heart rate over a period of time, it cannot tell you calories burned, which is why i LOVE MINE! (way big motivator to keep going when you see it hit 400 and you are just getting started!)

i highly recommend the Polar brand of HRM, which is what i am saving up for (they are expensive at about 100 bux or so) in the mean time, i have a highgear pulsewear duo that i got on amazon for 40 bux that works pretty good. I have to reset it every not an again with my info, but it generally gets the job done, and motivates me to keep pushing!

Thank you for that I have been debating on just the watch type of the watch with band.... you've helped me decide.. when I get back to the states that will be my reward gift to myself for working so hard!! Thanks.
  • alifelessevident
    Options

Just a question...every time I see someone write alife in response to you, my mind automatically thinks alfie...so can I just call you that from now on.....:happy:

:laugh: everytime some one writes alife i see alfie too, and i'm like who is alfie :laugh:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    OH sorry just jumped on here didn't I!! hah. Early for me 0848AM crazy days...
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    lol, alife, you are kinda in my neck of the woods, i am from NC myself
  • Theresa35
    Options

:laugh: everytime some one writes alife i see alfie too, and i'm like who is alfie :laugh:

Glad you see things my way alfie...:laugh:
  • Theresa35
    Options

I was in Kernersville back in June, is that anywhere near you guys???
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Kernersville is very near my hometown of WInston Salem!
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Kernersville is very near my hometown of WInston Salem!

We were there for a freind's graduation. It was beautiful. They have the most spectacular view from their deck.
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    yeah there are a couple of us on here from this general area:smile:
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    Hmmm that Heart rate thingy would be great for pregnancy too. You can keep track so you dont over do it...interesting.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    i did a little over an hour of Zumba class, and theni did another hour of strength training class.

thank God for my Heart rate monitor or i would be consuming way too few calories!

I have looked at Zumba. Should I try it?

(Oh, may I join the chat for a few minutes??)