Poll - do you???

Options
From our laundry thread it seems a lot of us hang out our laundry.

I was wondering how many do on this list. Lurkers too, Drop a post if you hang your laundry to dry (inside or out) rather than use a dryer on any sort of regular basis.

Can we top 100 people???

Replies

• jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    From our laundry thread it seems a lot of us hang out our laundry.

I was wondering how many do on this list. Lurkers too, Drop a post if you hang your laundry to dry (inside or out) rather than use a dryer on any sort of regular basis.

Can we top 100 people???
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I'll start
    We hang out our laundry almost without exception. When it rains we move it inside.
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    Hang it out to dry! I'm a wee poor student, can't afford the bills :laugh: So most days there's all sorts of underwear hanging all around the house (I live with 3 other girls!!)
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I hang dry about half of our laundry.......should do more though:grumble:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I hang dry about half of our laundry.......should do more though:grumble:

Hurray for what you do do. It is so time consuming. I'm just starting load three.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I hang the stuff we dont want to put in the dryer, about 1/3 of our laundry.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I hang it all usually....if its the winter though I dry some of it....I do set up lines in my garage too though...but sometimes it takes a few days to dry that way so for things I need quick I dry them in the dryer...not much at all really though.:bigsmile:

some pros for me....Its alittle bit of exercise, good therapy to shake and fold outside when they are done...its ME time LOL...I love the smell of the fresh air on your cloths! And being good for mother earth is a double plus!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Illinois, I lived in a nice trailer and had a big back yard with one of those round clothes lines. I loved it and always hung my clothes outside but now I live in Washington State in a second story condo with no place to hang clothes so I dry them all in the dryer.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    We don't have anywhere to hang ours so it goes into the dryer. I'd love a clothes line though!
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    We hang it outside as often as the weather will allow. Sometimes I end up putting my laundry off for too long just waiting for a sunny day.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    We hang it outside as often as the weather will allow. Sometimes I end up putting my laundry off for too long just waiting for a sunny day.

I do the same sometimes....like today we were suppose to have thunderstorms this afternoon...so I weighed the options...then said...shoot....I have six loads I can't hold off any longer...so far its sunny and no rain in sight...so far!

hugs!
    Ali
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I see clouds building here. (Four loads done, three to go...)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I have never in my life hung laundry out to dry. I wouldn't even know how!:laugh:

It's against our homeowners association rules anyway.:grumble:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I have never in my life hung laundry out to dry. I wouldn't even know how!:laugh:

ReallY?
    I love the smell. But living in sunny AZ in a home that has a huge, 1950's era clothes line I couldn't justify NOT doing it.

If you want to give it a try feel free to come for a visit.:wink: I'll show you how it's done.:laugh: :laugh:

It's not so bad, just time consuming.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

ReallY?
    I love the smell. But living in sunny AZ in a home that has a huge, 1950's era clothes line I couldn't justify NOT doing it.

If you want to give it a try feel free to come for a visit.:wink: I'll show you how it's done.:laugh: :laugh:

OMGosh....most definitely!

I wanna smell that smell!:frown:

I watched the movie "Premonition" the other night and she was hanging out her laundry and I commented to my husband how strange that would be....especially as much as it thunderstorms here in Indiana. We'd be running for dear life to save our drawers quite frequently.:laugh:

Uh...a chance to visit AZ? I am so there!:bigsmile: Teach me O' grasshopper!
  • jlwhelan1
    Options

ReallY?

OMGosh....most definitely!

I wanna smell that smell!:frown:

I watched the movie "Premonition" the other night and she was hanging out her laundry and I commented to my husband how strange that would be....especially as much as it thunderstorms here in Indiana. We'd be running for dear life to save our drawers quite frequently.:laugh:

Uh...a chance to visit AZ? I am so there!:bigsmile: Teach me O' grasshopper!

Terrific, come any time...you'll love it.

(Note to self save up all laundry to "teach" with:devil: )
  • SoupNazi
    Options

LMBO! Oooooh....nice one.:laugh:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options

LMBO! Oooooh....nice one.:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
    I'm bribing my daughter to help now...
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    hang it...in my flat as i have to go through the stairwell next door to get to the garden and can't be bothered with that hassle. but living on your own has benefits as i generally get away with waiting for a while before doing the washing.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    This may be a stupid question....but coming from me it's kinda normal..

do you hang ALL of your laundry out? Undies and all?:laugh: