Replies

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm an inside girl
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    This may be a stupid question....but coming from me it's kinda normal..

do you hang ALL of your laundry out? Undies and all?:laugh:

:laugh:
    Oh, yeah!
    I try to put the more (ahm) private stuff farthest from where it could possibly be seen from anyone walking past our yard. We do have a block wall so someone has to be sort of trying to see in.

But, yes, We hang it all out.:laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question....but coming from me it's kinda normal..

do you hang ALL of your laundry out? Undies and all?:laugh:

Oh, yeah!
    I try to put the more (ahm) private stuff farthest from where it could possibly be seen from anyone walking past our yard. We do have a block wall so someone has to be sort of trying to see in.

But, yes, We hang it all out.:laugh:

I bet my neighbors are glad I don't. You haven't been scared til you saw my hubbies drawers.:sick:
    j/k
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i hang MY clothes, don't want the shrinking and losing shape. dh's get the dryer. would like to start hanging out most again. the smell and great exercise are wonderful. like doing toe touchs. bend, up, bend, up, bend, up, etc. it get so hot here in the south that it will be dry in an hour. just have to watch the afternoon thunderstorms. after huricanes you get use to seeing everyones laundry hanging out, you have no power, have no choice.
    have a good night, chipper
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I live in canada..... we only have 3 months of "drying weather" so i guess you would say i mostly use the drier :laugh:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    i hang MY clothes, don't want the shrinking and losing shape. dh's get the dryer. would like to start hanging out most again. the smell and great exercise are wonderful. like doing toe touchs. bend, up, bend, up, bend, up, etc. it get so hot here in the south that it will be dry in an hour. just have to watch the afternoon thunderstorms. after huricanes you get use to seeing everyones laundry hanging out, you have no power, have no choice.
    have a good night, chipper

Thanks Chipper

I figure we all have undies, it can't be too shocking.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    I would love to hang it out to dry, but we live in an apartment and we can't hang anything on or around our balcony, and I don't really have any place to hang it inside.
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I would love to hang it out to dry, but we live in an apartment and we can't hang anything on or around our balcony, and I don't really have any place to hang it inside.
    We also have one of these from when we lived in a wetter climate - but we only used it for select items.:wink:
    laundry_wing_dryer.jpg
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I have a line that is in my laundry room for all my "unmentionables" plus my workout gear that is full of stretchy material that doesn't like the dryer. I am in WA state, so we don't get to hang stuff outside to dry very often. Plus, one time on a beautiful summer day, I washed a throw rug. I hung it outside to dry and a bird promptly crapped on it. I took it as a sign to use my dryer.
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I have a line that is in my laundry room for all my "unmentionables" plus my workout gear that is full of stretchy material that doesn't like the dryer. I am in WA state, so we don't get to hang stuff outside to dry very often. Plus, one time on a beautiful summer day, I washed a throw rug. I hung it outside to dry and a bird promptly crapped on it. I took it as a sign to use my dryer.

Bird crap is good luck! (At least that was what I was told when one hit me on the head as I walked to high school the day of the speech team competition.)

We used a small inside rack for a few things when we lived in OR ~ I know that long NW rainy season well.
  • Sallybm
    Sallybm Posts: 9
    Options
    I am really bad and actually quite lazy ( That may account for the weight gain) :laugh:

I use my tumble dryer all year round rain or shine (I know, I Know)

If I dont have a full load in the winter it goes on the radiators and in the summer into the airing cupboard when the hot water tank has been on.

Ok Ok I'll go stand in the naughty corner and face the wall now:embarassed:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK, you know what the weather is like over here. On nice days, it goes out but mostly just hang them on the radiators except for the smalls, I draw the line there. Those are always hanged indoors.:smile:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    (waving)
    Hello from across the ocean!

(My Irish DH tells me that each roof peak is a separate house ~ your neighbors would certainly see your undies:laugh:

IMG_2176.JPG
  • areason4stars
    Options
    Hang 90% outside to dry!