Strength Training Routine

Options
13»

Replies

• bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thank you nsciambi for typing that out! That is great!!

@Jill: I tried that class and really liked it. I definitely felt a good sore the next day. I'm still debating if I'm going to make it part of my regular regiment or not. I would love to, there are just sooo many options and not enough recovery days a week, lol.

Thanks for the input everyone! This is really helpful!!
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    Bump Bump Bump
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    I HATE cardio, and love weight lifting so I have tried a bunch of exercise programs. I like to work as many muscle groups as I can at a time. I'll cut out exercises if something is sore not to over work it. My most favorite exercises come from a blog http://www.bodyrock.tv/

The lady, Zuzana, is freaking ripped and puts together fun routines. Workouts/exercises challenges are posted 5x a week and I never get bored. They are super intense and last anywhere from 10-30 minutes, but believe me they will kick your trash and get you in shape in no time. They are awesome for fat loss and gaining muscle. I have been doing them religiously for 2 months and have never seen such drastic changes (even after I sweated through P90x). I have quite a layer of fat to lose, but my muscles are starting to show definition.

A great book is "You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises for Men and Women" by Mark Lauren... AWESOME book. Much like "Body for Life", but you don't need gym equipment or weights.

You also might want to look into Crossfit...I think that's what's going to be next once I conquer Bodyrock!
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    I had AMAZING success with the Body Scultping Bible For Women weightlifting routine. I followed it for about a year and it was a better, more effective workout than any of my trainers have ever put me on.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I HATE cardio, and love weight lifting so I have tried a bunch of exercise programs. I like to work as many muscle groups as I can at a time. I'll cut out exercises if something is sore not to over work it. My most favorite exercises come from a blog http://www.bodyrock.tv/

The lady, Zuzana, is freaking ripped and puts together fun routines. Workouts/exercises challenges are posted 5x a week and I never get bored. They are super intense and last anywhere from 10-30 minutes, but believe me they will kick your trash and get you in shape in no time. They are awesome for fat loss and gaining muscle. I have been doing them religiously for 2 months and have never seen such drastic changes (even after I sweated through P90x). I have quite a layer of fat to lose, but my muscles are starting to show definition.

A great book is "You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises for Men and Women" by Mark Lauren... AWESOME book. Much like "Body for Life", but you don't need gym equipment or weights.

You also might want to look into Crossfit...I think that's what's going to be next once I conquer Bodyrock!

<---- Bodyrocker!!!

I have been following her for about a year now!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Bump.. in case there are more of you strength trainers out there who haven't seen this and would like to share.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    WTF is Bumping?

Free weights all the way. Resistance machines second fave. Body bands, stability balls, etc. Weight machines suck.

why would you stability balls SUCK? and what are you talking about "weight machines"? how's that different than a resistance machine? this post doesn't even make sense
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    WTF is Bumping?

Free weights all the way. Resistance machines second fave. Body bands, stability balls, etc. Weight machines suck.

why would you stability balls SUCK? and what are you talking about "weight machines"? how's that different than a resistance machine? this post doesn't even make sense

Stability balls do not suck at all. They add core training to some exercises. I see a lot of trainers use them too!!

I do agree on your weight machince comment. It is the came thing.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    WTF is Bumping?

Stability balls do not suck at all. They add core training to some exercises. I see a lot of trainers use them too!!

I do agree on your weight machince comment. It is the came thing.