What is the hardest time of day for you?

Options

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    evenings.try to stay busy.crotchet alot
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    every single day for as long as I can remeber I get an uncontrollable desire for chocolate about 3:00. Still havnt figured out how to controll it other than to make sure its never available when I want/need it!!

I get that too!! What is that about?? :noway:

I keep some dark chocolate covered almonds close by for the days that I just can't take it. For some reason I will stay in moderation with dark chocolate and the almonds help me not feel so guilty since I am eating a nut. :laugh:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    When I get home before dinner. I am usually starving by the time I get home and start cooking dinner and find myself grazing on my son's snacks. His snacks are super healthy (I don't allow him to eat crap food either) but they add up quickly!
  • mmiley1111
    mmiley1111 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Round 3 in the afternoon and between 8 and 9:30... I try to keep 100 calorie snacks in the house for night time cravings but the afternoon I try to either drink a glass of tea or a cup of coffee
  • Bryce58
    Bryce58 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I am home during Easter or Christmas - the house gets unavoidably filled with chocolate treats.
  • AmandaMonique
    Options
    Right before bed, or just night time in general.
    I've started 'completing' my diary for the night so I "cant" eat anything else.

im the worst late night snacker.. i never knew.
  • Beastiephile
    Options
    Maybe this is just me, but about an hour after eating breakfast (usually oatmeal or cereal), I'm completely starving all over again lol. It's a struggle to hold out again til lunch time.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    the evening is the hardest part for me...but it's because i'm SO active during the day(i burn up to 1600cals some days) that i can't eat enough and end up trying to fit it all in during the evening
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Late night. I am a night owl so it's usually between 10 and 1am that I feel like I could eat anything..thats usually when I give in to a PB&J or something highly unhealthy.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The hardest time for me is night time AFTER I've eaten dinner & settled down from work. So I usually try to distract myself by going out for a walk, or drinking some coffee with cream to calm my cravings :)

I don't know that this method would work for everyone, since I can drink 2 cups of coffee at 9 and be asleep by 10 :)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    In general? Mornings. I suck at them....lol

But no, calorie wise I am a night time eater. Being all snuggled up and watching my shows at night before I go to bed goes hand and hand with snack time. I have given up trying not to do it and just allow for more calories after dinner then the normal person.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a time of day that I'm prone to unnecessary snacking, but I'm often not all that jazzed about breakfast lately. I just eat it anyway because otherwise I wouldn't hit my calorie goal.

Me, too! I had to force myself to eat it today. I wonder why...?
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Night time. Between 10PM and 2AM. I hate those long, endless hours of studying. If I'm out of calories for the day, I just drink water or tea in excess. If I'm not, I'll just try to have fruit or nonfat yogurt or a cup of popcorn or something like that--filling and healthy and relatively low-cal. At least it's not a chocolate binge...
  • voyageruk
    voyageruk Posts: 11
    Options
    For me it's between 10PM - 2AM also.

For 2 years of my life I used to order a large dominos pizza 4-5 nights a week at exactly 10pm (this is how I got overweight in the first place). It seems my body remembers this routine and likes to remind me with very irritating hunger as soon as 10PM comes.

Drinking excessive amounts of water helps.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have trouble in between the time I get home from work, about 3pm, to the time I go to the gym, about 5pm, to go to my cycling class. Most of the time, my fiance isn't home from work yet so there's no one to around to tell me "You're eating candy? I thought you were trying to lose weight?" I still log everything though. It's extra hard right now because my mom gave us a bunch of Easter candy that is sitting around waiting for me to lose control and have a binge like I used to.
  • heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    At night! I love sweets it's very hard

4150610.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Always Right after working out heavy cardio for an hour.(which is usually around 10 am)...I get so hungry I want to eat everything in sight! lol I just tell myself....you must prevail!!!!!! You MUST!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    For me it's between 10PM - 2AM also.

For 2 years of my life I used to order a large dominos pizza 4-5 nights a week at exactly 10pm (this is how I got overweight in the first place). It seems my body remembers this routine and likes to remind me with very irritating hunger as soon as 10PM comes.

Drinking excessive amounts of water helps.
    Damn that Pizza! Looks like you've done an excellent job though! Bravo:)
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    NIGHTTIME....right after work....im a night eater...but ive been doing better....
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Wow, I went through a very similar thing and kept doing it till I puked one day. It still took many years before I got a clue.