May 1st= 30 day shred! any one?

Options

Replies

• Nottm1984
    Nottm1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day 5 will be later today. I did an early morning group run, then promptly came home and fell asleep on the couch. (Oops!) I love the flexibility of being able to do the DVD whenever. I still can't do proper push ups (I lean against a table and do them at a 45 degree angle). And they are still the hardest part. I'm glad they're in the first circuit!

Does anyone find themselves saying Jillian's lines along with her now? I tend to listen to what she is saying even though I have heard it! It helps distract from the pain. ;)

Lol, so true! Especially the "You don't get these abs for free"..."results don't come for free" I have to do my press-ups against a wall on tip toe to try and get the same effect. The table idea might work for me as well though, so I'll give it a try. :-)
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    Day 10 level 1 done. Today I was struggling not to vomit after being sick and in the emergency room yesterday. Am siting here now on the couch previewing level 2.

My big news is that today I reached (and actually surpassed) my goal weight.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im not going everyday so I am doing day 7 today. I definatly feel a difference.
  • beyondvalue
    beyondvalue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    new to fitness pal im in. i will do the 30 day sherd starting now
    hopefully i can finish. wiil check in after week one 6 day work out 1 day rest
    wish me luck
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    I just did day 1 of level 2. I did level 1 standing on the rug but today it kept bunching up under my feet so I think I might need to do level 2 on the tiles. I found those narrow squats with the v lift at the end really hard. On the upside I burnt 238 calories which is more than I did during any day of level 1.
  • sdirbder
    Options
    I finished with day 7 yesterday . My arms dont get quite as sore as they did before but today my legs are killing me. Pumped for day 8 today.
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Day 5 will be later today. I did an early morning group run, then promptly came home and fell asleep on the couch. (Oops!) I love the flexibility of being able to do the DVD whenever. I still can't do proper push ups (I lean against a table and do them at a 45 degree angle). And they are still the hardest part. I'm glad they're in the first circuit!

Does anyone find themselves saying Jillian's lines along with her now? I tend to listen to what she is saying even though I have heard it! It helps distract from the pain. ;)

Lol, so true! Especially the "You don't get these abs for free"..."results don't come for free" I have to do my press-ups against a wall on tip toe to try and get the same effect. The table idea might work for me as well though, so I'll give it a try. :-)

Hahaha! Yes, that is one. It sounds like a rehearsed bit of the DVD. "I would do just about anything to get them!" I want to scream at her, 'uh, Jillian! Have you looked in the mirror lately?!" Also, the "we have to put stress on the body..." part. lol

Oh, and the other day (after day 6? or something?) I had this urge to try some push ups on my knees. So I did. And I could! Woot! I can now do those parts on my knees. I still hate push ups (and those freakin' jumping jacks!), but I now am motivated to try doing the 100 push up challenge finally! How did it work out for you against the table?
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Day 10 level 1 done. Today I was struggling not to vomit after being sick and in the emergency room yesterday. Am siting here now on the couch previewing level 2.

My big news is that today I reached (and actually surpassed) my goal weight.

Woot! :happy: Congratulations! :)

And what the heck happened to land you in the ER?! That is bad *kitten* to still do your exercise after something like that!!
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    Level 2 day 4 done. Nearly halfway. Tonight felt a little easier though I still hate those chair squats with the v-fly at the end.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I did D1L1 of the 30DS Saturday night and my legs are so sore I cannot walk down a set of stairs without wincing in pain. How am I supposed to do this for 30 days straight? I haven't been able to do much of anything besides yoga since doing it. This sucks. I feel like such a slacker. An incredibly weak and out-of-shape slacker.
  • sdirbder
    Options
    My scale is at a stand still. I am not giving in though, I am going to up the water intake and add more cardio every other day.
  • sdirbder
    Options
    I just previewed level 2 on youtube. Wow that looks way tougher than level one. Last day on level one today.
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    So today will be day 15 for me (I missed last Wednesday after spending the night in the emergency room).

I had my boyfriend do a few measurements for me last night because I couldn't wait until day 30. I don't appear to have lost anything off my waist or thighs, though these were probably two of my most toned areas to start with. I have, however, lost 1.5cms (0.6 inch) off my upper arm and 3 cms (1.2 inches) off my hips. Whoop whoop!!!!!
  • ninpiggy
    Options
    I have, however, lost 1.5cms (0.6 inch) off my upper arm and 3 cms (1.2 inches) off my hips. Whoop whoop!!!!!

After only 15 days? That's awesome! Congrats! I think I'm going to try to do her workout again this morning.
  • ninpiggy
    Options
    katemarjoram you inspired me to do the dvd again! I just finished D2L1 :bigsmile:
  • sdirbder
    Options
    Day 1 of Level 2 today. I am kind of nervous. What are your thoughts about it?
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    Day 1 of Level 2 today. I am kind of nervous. What are your thoughts about it?

I can definitely feel it in my legs with the static lunge and squat. I hated the plank stuff the first few days, even though I'm really good at static planks, but I'm getting use to it now that I'm 5 days in. I still HATE the chair squat with a v-fly which is the final strength move. Why oh why did she have to leave that to the very end. My boyfriend was very impressed with my co-ordination and balance during the military press.
  • sdirbder
    Options
    All the plank stuff was murder last night. I dont know if I am the only one. I probably could have kept up with the abs and cardio if I could hold the stupid plank. Well It has to get easier.
    My boyfriend is doing it with me and he thought that is was easier than level one. He is a crazy person.
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    Day 7 Level 2 done and I got through without stopping or modifying anything although my second set of v-flies weren't quite at Natalie's standard.

Previewed Level 3 - it looks intense but I'm keen to start it on Monday.

I can now definitely feel a change in the shape of my hips and butt.
  • Nottm1984
    Nottm1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Hahaha! Yes, that is one. It sounds like a rehearsed bit of the DVD. "I would do just about anything to get them!" I want to scream at her, 'uh, Jillian! Have you looked in the mirror lately?!" Also, the "we have to put stress on the body..." part. lol

Oh, and the other day (after day 6? or something?) I had this urge to try some push ups on my knees. So I did. And I could! Woot! I can now do those parts on my knees. I still hate push ups (and those freakin' jumping jacks!), but I now am motivated to try doing the 100 push up challenge finally! How did it work out for you against the table?

Yeah, I find it funny when she says "we're all in this together"-yeah right! With their smiley faces and lack of sweat! I'm on to Day 2 of level 2 now, attempting the plank stuff is difficult but I try my best. This level really seems to work on the upper body and I dont find the cardio as bad as level 1 strangely-maybe I just like the change. Really feel the burn with the weight exercises-those ones at the end-the v-lift (?) wow, they hurt!