Hey Brits...excited about the Royal Wedding?

Options
13»

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Kettlewitch
    EXCELLENT POINT! I'm with you! I hope it bloody rains, too!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Kettlewitch
    EXCELLENT POINT! I'm with you! I hope it bloody rains, too!

why would you wish this on anyone? they have not done anything wrong for goodness sake, they are getting married, not killing kittens :flowerforyou:
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    That's awesome you guys get the day off, I'd be excited too just for that. Here is the USA, the media is all over it. There's been a couple of movies, documentaries on the Royals on tv all the time. News shows telling us about the china, the dress, the disco balls causing some debate... It's way more than a lot of us want to know, but interesting.
    [/quote]

What's the disco balls debate?! Haven't heard about that!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    bloody hell what a miserable bunch lol, almost everyone I know is planning to watch and is either fairly interested or very excited and planning to celebrate in some way shape or form. i think that its a shame that people are not seeing that some good news on the front of the newspapers for a change is something to be happy about :flowerforyou:
    I'm all for good news. But my point is that it's not "news" at all. To me it's the exact same as hearing about random John & Jane's wedding from some other part of the country, who I have no clue who they are, every single day. It's good news to them (& I'm happy for them); but not to me - it's no news. I have 0 connection to them whatsoever & never will. So why cram it down my throat every day when I just wanna catch up on current events that do matter to me?

It's not news. I am sick to death of the whole thing & will be very glad when it's all over.

And it's costing the British tax payer millions for all the security to protect them on the day & in the days running up to the day. Just what we need really, when the country is on it's knees.
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    REALLY couldn't care less..they seem like a decent enough couple tho. And yes it's nice to have an extra day off work :D
  • DKBingaman
    Options
    I wasn't that interested so i kind of didn't pay attention enough to get annoyed by it (IN USA) . But i was looking it up and i was just thinking what if i was in her place? it would be amazing all of the traditions and old castles i don't know it would be awesome to me! hahaha It is also cool that she doesn't have a royal bloodline or anything.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian and I am super excited. The British Monarchy is part of our history, and still influences us to this day. The Queens role is mostly ceremonial now. The country is run by the government, but the Queen does still hold some power. But it is rarely used.

Me too! I remember Charles and Di's wedding when I was a very little kid!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I am curious too. I know I am tired of it as well but I do understand because there are no royals here. We have a few that think they are however.
    LMAO!!!
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm entirely indifferent..

Now, why so many people think AV is a bad idea, that interests me. (except those who have a vested interest in keeping the electorate voting tactically, but then claiming that all the votes for them fully vindicate their policies)
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm from UK too, and have got a bit fed up with the constant news coverage on the run up. But I have sat and watched it all this morning. I remember Charles and Di's wedding, and Andrew and Sarah's. I hope this one is more successful, and I think it will be.

It is part of our history after all - he will be King one day ........
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that! Left the house at 10.30, blasted my eardrums with metallica in the car and shopped in completely empty shops. Tried on a pair of jeans and they were too big so had to get the next size down, went to the supermarket where they actually had some food and there were no queues. Got home, all over. Can we have another wedding next week please?
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that! Left the house at 10.30, blasted my eardrums with metallica in the car and shopped in completely empty shops. Tried on a pair of jeans and they were too big so had to get the next size down, went to the supermarket where they actually had some food and there were no queues. Got home, all over. Can we have another wedding next week please?

LOL!

I'm not English, but live in London... I would like to thank Will & Kate for the day off. Two 4 day weekends in a row. Should happen more often!

(But I avoided central London like the plague today, and saw enough of the wedding to see her dress, that's it.... )
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but this cracked me up.
    Sj97M.gif