Plastic surgery

Options
13»

Replies

• maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think you should do what makes you happy, of course!! But I believe what you are really asking is do we MFPers think implants are a good idea?... And if that is more so the question...I vote "nay". You've got to consider how much the person doing them is invested in your happiness. And what are your sister's motives in pressuring you? If you are not really unhappy with them, I'd say think about it plenty before making that step. Being permanent and being surgery, it IS a big step and you don't know what the results will be like. I think it is a gamble. You know your body and your self-perspective best so only you can decide if it is worth it.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I had a boob job 3 years ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I was a tiny AAA and then had half of one removed due to cancer. I never thought that they could get any smaller but boy was I wrong. :laugh: My husband was very ambivalent about me having the surgery but he told me that if it would make me happy then I should do it. I know that many people find it vain and a silly thing to do, but you should do it only if you are doing it for yourself and no one else. :flowerforyou:
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had a boob job 3 years ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I was a tiny AAA and then had half of one removed due to cancer. I never thought that they could get any smaller but boy was I wrong. :laugh: My husband was very ambivalent about me having the surgery but he told me that if it would make me happy then I should do it. I know that many people find it vain and a silly thing to do, but you should do it only if you are doing it for yourself and no one else. :flowerforyou:

congradulations on beinng 3yrs cancer free:drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Man, Boobs have been trending on MFP this week! LOVE IT.

BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT.

I went from a small B to a full D ~ 480cc Saline Tear Drop shape.

Are you getting high profile or teardrop? I personally wished I got high profile because mine look too real. :yawn: :grumble:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy, do it!!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    If it is what you want - go for it. My mom is 80, got hers at 49 due to cancer. she has had them replaced after a car accident. She looks great, you can't tell (except she can still go braless and be 'perky'). They look fine! And- she says they still feel fine. PS: started a little savings account to consider an uplift later myself.
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    NAY. Way nay.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Huge NAY for me, but that's not what matters, if *you* want them (and you've researched and are aware of any potential issues), you should go for it. It's your body, do whatever makes you happy. And hey, Toronto, represent!

ETA: But don't let your sister's pressure influence your decision, it needs to be 100% about you.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I had my consultation yesterday and it went quite well! The doctor is very nice and listened as I told him EXACTLY what I want to get out of the surgery. He suggested 355 or 375 cohesive gel implants that go over the muscle and the incision is at the bra line. These implants are a bit more expensive than saline, but saline won't give me the look that I want to achieve. He also said there won't be any implications to breast feeding in the future, and I shouldn't expect to have any problems that would require them to be replaced. Of course he warned me that there is always the possiblity of infections or other complications that go with surgery of any kind. All in all, I was very pleased with the whole process and im about 90% sure that I will go ahead with it. Now it is just a matter of figuring out the financial aspect of it.
  • oxokatieoxo
    Options
    Im 5ft 6 and had DD naturally before i lost my weight, so yer they will look awesome haha