Ugh, does anyone do this? (gross)

Options
13»

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    The only time ive done it is when I didnt like the taste of something.

This.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    "Chewing and spitting" is actually a form of bulimia. Doing it once or twice won't make you bulimic, but bulimic behaviors are addictive.

Chewing and spitting is bad on your teeth, and your stomach produces acid when you chew. If no food is going into your stomach, all that acid can be detrimental.

Please be careful and learn to enjoy food within your calorie limit.

I was glad someone mentioned this as a "gateway" type action....

Personally I would have to eat it. No enjoyment in spitting it out.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I've never done it but my husband had a 2yr bout of lactose intolerance and used to do it all the time because he missed the taste of some things......
    I can see how it could become an eating disorder, just be careful.....sometimes one little treat won't kill you, its the second one that will :happy:
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I just chewed up and spat out an entire Easter Egg. I guess I figured it was way fewer calories (no idea how many!) and I still got the taste of it. I used to do this a lot but haven't for ages.

Anyone else ever done this? I want to know how weird and disgusting I am. Obviously I didn't do it in public!
    I have never tried that before. Try just taking the yolk out that CUTS most of the calories if that's what you are concerned about.

I think she was talking about a chocolate egg? lolll now I'm confused.

Haha yes a chocolate egg!

I'll be careful. I only had one anyway and now it's gone so I'll be okay if I don't buy anything bad.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've never done it but my husband had a 2yr bout of lactose intolerance and used to do it all the time because he missed the taste of some things......
    I can see how it could become an eating disorder, just be careful.....sometimes one little treat won't kill you, its the second one that will :happy:

I did it with bread while I was in Europe out of severe longing (I'm gluten allergic). Still got sick! :frown:

No I just do smelling and imagining when I don't want to eat it. That has been scientifically proven to work: http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2010/12/to-eat-less-imagine-eating-more.html

Oh and agreed it's the beginning of an ED. Log the cals and eat it or don't.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, your saliva contains the enzymes that start breaking down carbs, so you are probably getting some calories just by putting it in your mouth. I agree with the other posters regarding it being a form of eating disorder. Please watch your health, it's the only body you get.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    What a great idea - in theory. Trouble is, if chocolate went into my mouth, you'd need a crowbar to open my jaws to get it out. :D
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What a great idea - in theory. Trouble is, if chocolate went into my mouth, you'd need a crowbar to open my jaws to get it out. :D

This is soooo me :laugh: